Sign in to follow this  
Dibs

Time is right for Adams to go.

For me this saga is as unforgiveable as the Hughton episode if not worse. We are now halfway through the season and automatic promotion has all but gone. We have a great squad but a manager incapable of deploying them properly. There is no other manager in the country who would be putting out the four man midfield we are using at present if they had Wes and Redmond in their squad. To guard against counter attacks you just need discipline and some decent coaching, you don''t need to play four central midfielders. It''s utter nonsense, its not working and it is just more evidence Adams is not up to it. We now have to hope we scrape the playoffs. That in itself is a sign we have failed. I blame the board entirely.

[quote user="Jenkins"]The reason the binboys are doing so well is because they stuck with a manager for a full and two half seasons to build a squad.

A point conveniently overlooked quite often[/quote]

I wish this was explained earlier by the club, 2016/17 is when NCFC will next be competitive.

What if our top manager gets poached by another club we will have to put the clock back another 2.5 years. If Real Madrid worked on your daft theories they would be trophy less for the last 20 years.

If we don''t act soon we will end up as average as other relegated sides like Reading, Wigan, Blackburn and Bolton in this division and face another long spell of 2nd tier mediocrity.

Right now we have a squad, attendances and finances to die for and to not be sitting comfortably in the top 3 is unacceptable.

@CC - this was always going to be the case when you put a manager in charge who has never managed a first team at any level, let alone one with a £50m turnover. Why we didn''t appoint an experienced manager is beyond baffling. But yes we are set for a mid-table finish and beyond that an extended stay in the second tier. We should be sitting atop this league - and we might well have been had the board not decided to revert to the little old Norwich way, again.

[quote user="Highland Canary"]But yes we are set for a mid-table finish and beyond that an extended stay in the second tier.[/quote]Wow! We must be doing well. Highland is normally predicting we will be relegated at this time of year. [:D]

It''s my new year optimism. On the pre-season thread I predicted a south of mid-table finish under Adams but the Phelan factor has improved our position such that a simple mid-table finish looks attainable.

Anywhere near the mid table is an epic fail.

Our better players are not going to stick by Adams while he learns how to be a manager. It''s a catch 22 situation, the board wants to give Adams time, the players don''t have the time to wait and that means losing our best players and starting again while we sink through the division.

The lower we fall, the less attractive we become to appoint a half decent manager.

The best chance to put things right regarding change of manager is this season.

For reasons best known to our Board of Directors they have backed Adams like no other manager in our clubs history relative to the league we are in, I''d imagine there won''t be many dissenters to this assertion?

Having made the truly tedious trip to Reading on Sunday I found myself absolutely astounded by what can only be described as simply mind mending profligacy, the millions of pounds worth of plays at his disposal that simply sat keeping the bench warm.

Obviously it was going to be a tough one playing just forty eight hours after the Millwall game but if ever there was a time to call upon the ''supposed'' ample squad then Sunday was the time. Unless I missed it all I happened was the same eleven tired pairs of legs that simply surrendered three points so "Bravo Neil" for that one.

For months we have been hearing that the likes of Bournmouth and Ipswich will start to falter once injuries and suspensions tot up and that''ll be our chance, oh really? It seems to me that nothing could be further from the truth.

If our Board have one remaining gram of sense they must surely question why they sanctioned the purchase of so many players who don''t actually play, why did we buy them, what are they here for?

The list hardly needs mentioning, a quick scan of the squad list confirms my point but for me at least the complete stupidity of what I witnessed really was the final straw.

Yes things have improved since Phelan arrived but surely even the most dedicated Board apologist must start to question what''s going on with Adams?

Well, you got the splendid manager-in-spe, Morty, who ridiculed everyone suggesting fresh legs was needed.

Oh no, same again, the armchair manager, come keyboard warrior, said.

Whats the point of amassing a huge and expensive squad iig you plan not to use it in a hectic Xmas period?

Just amassed as a precaution for injuries?

Playing 4 CM is a stupid way of sayong: " I dont trust our fantastically slow and stupid defenders to cope with a few stray counters.

[quote user="grefstad"]Well, you got the splendid manager-in-spe, Morty, who ridiculed everyone suggesting fresh legs was needed.

Oh no, same again, the armchair manager, come keyboard warrior, said.

Whats the point of amassing a huge and expensive squad iig you plan not to use it in a hectic Xmas period?

Just amassed as a precaution for injuries?

Playing 4 CM is a stupid way of sayong: " I dont trust our fantastically slow and stupid defenders to cope with a few stray counters.[/quote]Yes. Because someone who lives in Norway clearly goes to more games than me, who lives a 15 minute walk from Carrow road.[:)]Remind me again how your prediction of Hoolahan and Grabben starting went?

Its funny when people who have a low opinion of our manager think that they could actually do a better job.You''re just another numpty with internet access and an opinion, the same as the rest of us.[:)]

Lool, so grumpy Morty has a better view of things from his balcony 15 mins away from the Carra?

I live in Norway, yes, but I still get to CR to see Norwich play 8-10 times per season, and add to it 5-6 away games per season (mostly London area), I think I am more than entitled to voice my opinions.

Having been a ncfc fan since 1986, I have a feeling I have seen more ups and downs of this club than you have, despite my faraway habitat.

[quote user="grefstad"]Lool, so grumpy Morty has a better view of things from his balcony 15 mins away from the Carra?

I live in Norway, yes, but I still get to CR to see Norwich play 8-10 times per season, and add to it 5-6 away games per season (mostly London area), I think I am more than entitled to voice my opinions.

Having been a ncfc fan since 1986, I have a feeling I have seen more ups and downs of this club than you have, despite my faraway habitat.[/quote]Ooh, get you playing supporter top trumps lol.Do you just specifically have the ar$e because I didn''t think your prediction of Hoolahan and Grabben starting the last game would be correct (which it wasn''t) or is there anything else I can help you with?

We''ve gone past the point of no return imo - as we did with Hughton last November.  It is not November now and we have picked up in the last few weeks, apart from Sunday.  So we might as well get used to the fact that Adams is here to stay.  We can all criticise him - and will - when things don''t go well, for whatever reason,  but this harping on about him being replaced is as counter-productive as it was last season with Hughton.   I called for Adams to go right up to a few weeks ago,  but it comes to the point where you have to accept reality and realise that it''s not going to happen, move on and just criticise or praise him depending on results/performances, not tediously keep calling for him to go. 

Its a new year (nearly) - the players have to do the business and Adams has to give them the best chance of doing that.  Ok it didn''t work on Sunday, but there was always going to be the "should I change a winning team or should I use the squad" element to it.   That is open to argument.  His position as manager, especially now Phelan is on board and results overall have improved, must be considered secure unless we embark on a horrendous run.  The best thing is if  and fans and players alike accept that and get on with the season, with the biggest match so far, coming up next at Bn''mth.  

Back to the OP.It''s a conundrum really. Sacking him now whilst we are still in touching distance of the play-offs seems a harsh reaction from a board renowned for sitting on their hands. Automatic promotion was always going to be difficult, but to have no chance of this realistically happening at only the half-way point in the season is disappointing to say the least. Appointing him in the first place is yet another monumental cock up from the board.The right time might present itself Saturday. I suspect Adams won''t resist the temptation to tinker with his selection, make loads of changes, send out a dis-interested team and in true City cup tradition we get turned over. Sack him then, when a new manager has at least a few weeks transfer window left.If that doesn''t happen then I can''t see him being removed for the rest of the season.

The guy is here to stay for months yet . The Board in their infinite wisdom have got themselves in a pickle just like last season and will not act until it is too late and will then come out and apologize to fans saying they had been confident that Neil would deliver. Holloway the Millwall boss summed it up saying with our squad and money we should be top of the league. We should not have come down last season and we should have bounced back this season the probability is that we shall see another missed opportunity overseen by our inept though charming board

Two defeats in the next two games and I think the board would be stupid to keep him on but sadly the crop of available decent managers may well have gone by then and the club will trot out the same excuse they did last year in that they thought there was no one better that they could appoint.