Sign in to follow this  
Dibs

Time is right for Adams to go.

This has Hughton from last season all over it. He will continue to win games keeping himself in the job and us just outside the play off positions but inevitability we will fall short finishing outside of them.

He is a radio commentator (a good one) what did we expect?Forget this season and start to plan for next.

His multi million pound squad will be 10 points behind the Scums 2 bob outfit in another couple of days time , worse manager than Gunn and holding this club back big time . Nothing more than a clown who should go back to radio where he belongs.

All things considered, we''re massively behind our target and he''s on borrowed time already as far as i''m concerned. Too inconsistent. Didn''t want him in the first place and feel we''ve really screwed up our best chance of getting back to the premiership. Really sums up our inept, unambitious board.

the reality is we arent good enough to be promotedfar too inconsistent

i get the feeling the players think they are better than they really are, which is why we need an experienced manager to give them a dose of reality 

scandalous mismanagement of the squad today.....starts with neither Redmond or Hoolahan (one would have done!)....and then brings BOTH of them on at half time in an attempt to overcompensate his initial team selection.

kiss goodbye to the top 2....any half competent manager would still get this side into the playoffs.

......so kiss goodbye to them too.

[quote user="iron_stan"]the reality is we arent good enough to be promotedfar too inconsistent

i get the feeling the players think they are better than they really are, which is why we need an experienced manager to give them a dose of reality  [/quote]

Spot on.

11 points of top spot as it stands and 3 outside the play offs, massive failure from the management and the board.

Time right for him to go? Well there''s no wrong time for it, just like there was no right time to appoint him.

The "we support any decision brigade" frequently tell us how we can beat any team in the division on our day. Well it''s a pity the matches are not scheduled on one of our days more often. Deludedly, they cite performance in the second half of previous seasons where teams have started badly and turned it round on the run-in. But they seem to ignore the fact that these other performances were from teams with a manager.

Totally Adams fault that the strikers can finishTotally Adams fault that Wesley was back to his worstTotally Adams fault that the midfield gave away possessionAnd Totally Adams fault we gave away a peno

I think some of you guys need to lay off the drink for a few days, I know its crimbo and all but the bleating going on in here is scandalous

what is scandalous Nexus is that our manager didnt pick a side that gave us the best chance of winning that match today.....moreso when you consider he changed the attacking elements of a team who won 6-1 2 days ago.

as I''ve said on other threads.....Chris Hughton would get slaughtered for setting up a negative team like that today, and that was in the Premier League......not at a place like an out of form Reading

Adams Out.....before we can even kiss goodbye to the playoffs

The last few games have been better... aside from today.

http://www.footballformguide.net/form/sky-bet-championship

so last six games including today

L W W D W L = 10 points or 1.6 points a game

If such form was extrapolated the final 22 games would yield 36/37 points.

Add that to our current total and we have 73/74 points and you should be in the playoffs.

Our team where relegated and we sold for more than we brought in and people assumed we where going to walk this league?

For example Redmond is a good player but he is no Huckerby who was at the time just too good for the league.

I would surmise we have performed within expectations but at the lower end.

A new manager may improve things but it may make things worse as rightly or wrongly we are just not bad enough to loose the manager at this stage.

In January i would expect the board to back NA with the signings to move the team on.

I would not be sad to have Glen Murray from Palace as this team needs some nous and finishing prowess... we don''t seem to steal goals/points/wins we either totally deserve it or we loose.

Buck stops with the manager. 11 points off top spot and now 3 off the play offs. It''s a results buisiness and results have been no where near good enough. All that Nexus lists is irrelivent, managers live and die on results, we are a long way behind our target.

If there is any money to spend in Jan give it to Phelan not Adams we need to get it right plenty of points left but we can''t lose too many more

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]Totally Adams fault that the strikers can finishTotally Adams fault that Wesley was back to his worstTotally Adams fault that the midfield gave away possessionAnd Totally Adams fault we gave away a peno

I think some of you guys need to lay off the drink for a few days, I know its crimbo and all but the bleating going on in here is scandalous[/quote]

Adams took the job, he could have said no. If he said no we might have got us a manager.

Before today we had four good results on the trot so i am going to keep my toys in the pram and give the management team a break. By all accounts the team played absolutely appalling today and there''s not a lot a manager can do if all the players are off form.

[quote user="JF"]Buck stops with the manager. 11 points off top spot and now 3 off the play offs. It''s a results buisiness and results have been no where near good enough. All that Nexus lists is irrelivent, managers live and die on results, we are a long way behind our target.[/quote]

What is the target?

If the target is to win the league by miles destroying every team then yes.

If its to gain promotion to the premier league its still very much on.

We did not spend in the top 3 in terms of transfers so i doubt the first option was ever realistic.

Hand on heart you would have expected Fulham and Cardiff to be better and maybe Nottingham Forest etc.

Its going to be a long January and it will be pivotal as the teams above us probably cannot resist offers for the best players.

I am not overly happy with NA as manager but thats with hindsight i would have sacked him before appointing MP but that has cost money and the team has improved.

So the sacking is just not going to happen now.

I don''t think you need any ammunition. Whatever the geezer does won''t be good enough for you.

No possibility of a management change at the moment IMO. Some may not like it but that''s how I see it.Adams got away with it when the crowd turned thanks largely to the arrival of Phelan. It would take a really bad run for the Board to make a change now and that seems fairly unlikely. Auto promotion just got a lot harder but still a very long way to go and the playoffs are by no means out of reach.On balance I can see Adams seeing out the season if we finish top six. A lot can happen in the next 5 months so best to sit back and see how it goes.

" Buck stops with the manager. 11 points off top spot and now 3 off the play offs. It''s a results buisiness and results have been no where near good enough. All that Nexus lists is irrelivent, managers live and die on results, we are a long way behind our target. "

Indeed it does. So what does the manager do to improve things - for me the strike force is playing poorly (despite us scoring 11 in the last 2 home games), in particular Jerome isn''t cutting it. That, and the ongoing issue of lack of pace at right back are issues I think need to be addressed in the Jan transfer window.