Sign in to follow this  
Newton

No Transfer Budget for January

This thread has managed to rope a dope most of the negative posters on this board (where is City 1st must be back in the asylum)

None of them have an opinion & have all missed the point

Adams has spent £12M on this shower

Lafferty £3M -

Voodo £3M -

San Miquel £1.5M - (he is not one for the future he is 21 and this is the future)

McGrandles £1.5M - (Could be 1 for the future)

Grabham £3M -

The bottom line is none are starters and £12M is a large amount of money for subs / sqaud members etc - I have not included the 2 x hefty loan fees for the 2 x Prem loan Centre halves who dont start either

Is there any one on this board who seriously thinks this is a good return and would you give him any more of our money to spend in Jan ?

If anyone bothers to post a comment please stick to the thread rather than abusing people

The only outright disappointment for me so far is Lafferty (Grabban is drifting a bit recently).

We need a proven hold the ball up / finisher in the side and personally I would go for Glen Murray from reading as loan is until Jan if this means someone has to go (CJ excepted) then so be it.

Sometimes things don''t work out but as there is no chance of Adams being sacked after the recent improvement in results I will only be disappointed if the board do not spend another 2-5 million or so.

The team is a little off at the moment and should make the playoffs adding the following will help us ensure playoffs and maybe have a run for the top 2

A target man as I mentioned (CJ is good but does not hold up that well)

A right back as i don''t have 100% confidence in Steven Whittaker.

A left winger/right winger who is physically strong with a good cross rather than small and nippy.

If NR is sold another nippy type winger to replace.

I don''t really accept standing by Adams + not spending the money.

Not impressed by Adams signings, Lafferty looks good on International duty though.

The signings remind me of Liverpool in the summer, or Spurs the summer before. We are signing players with no clue as to how we intend to play, and therefore no idea how they can be used in a team.

I wouldn''t let Adams have a penny. In fact another manager could perhaps harness the millions we have invested in RVW and Bassong. Both better than any replacements.

Unless we make one or more major sales it is unlikely we will spend much in January anyway, whether the board trusts Adams with money or not. We have a large and comparitively expensive squad in terms of wages, and can''t afford to add massively to it. Even if we needed to, which we don''t. We have cover (in some cases over-cover) in pretty much every position, except arguably on the left side of midfield. And that can be dealt with by way of a loan move.

With the possible exception of a RB this squad needs no additions it just needs to be managed and directed properly. That said i would not allow this clown to spend a penny more

[quote user="Highland Canary"]We should make a last ditch attempt to poach Pulis by spending the Redmond money.[/quote]Brilliant[:D]