Sign in to follow this  
Newton

No Transfer Budget for January

Would you give the fool any money to spend in Jan - this is his summer record :-

Lafferty £3M - Flop, no goals bench warmer

Voodo £3M - Flop, Injured when we brought him, permanent sick note still out

San Miquel £1.5M - Flop. From what I have seen of him in the U21''s League 1 defender, just hoofs

McGrandles £1.5M - Flop. Brought as a favour from Holts old club. League 1 standard at best, must have won first prize in Christmas raffle to get place on bench against Milwall. Never shines in U21''s

Grabham £3M - Jury out, 6 goals yes but just like a younger version of Jacko, could not trap a bag of cement and can only play the way he is facing

Jerome £2M - Fantastic success

Lets see spent £14M - wasted £12M

Would you give him any more of our money to spend

NO WAY - ADAMS OUT & TAKE DELIA WITH YOU

The odd thing about this window is that it''s the first time that I don''t feel like we need any new faces. Perhaps a new RB but I would play Martin there.

Our problems this season have nothing to do with the quality or depth of our squad.

On paper we are comfortably stronger than Lambert''s side last time we were in this league.

[quote user="Cantiaci Canary"]The odd thing about this window is that it''s the first time that I don''t feel like we need any new faces. Perhaps a new RB but I would play Martin there.

Our problems this season have nothing to do with the quality or depth of our squad.

On paper we are comfortably stronger than Lambert''s side last time we were in this league.[/quote]Agreed, the squad is performing far below its potential.McNally needs to kick some ar$e$.

I really think it is difficult to spend money in this league - anyone with real quality is picked up by the Premier League sides.  It is easy to waste a lot of cash on ordinary players.  I would rather see us pick up some smart Premiership cast offs as freebies, or talented youngsters from League 1, than fork out 5 million quid for a couple of average championship players like Grabban and Lafferty.

Lafferty has been disappointing. Vadis haven''t a clue if he is or isn''t.Miquel and McGrandles are future investments so cannot be judged yet.So it''s only one ''flop'' really.

Jerome just needs to put his shooting boots on ... if he''d scored early v Reading the result would probably been very different... and same for Hooper?

perhaps if Lafferty was given a start as a striker he may score?The only thing we really need in the window is a new manager!!!

Herman wrote the following post at 28/12/2014 8:31 PM:

Lafferty has been disappointing. Vadis haven''t a clue if he is or isn''t.

Miquel and McGrandles are future investments so cannot be judged yet.

So it''s only one ''flop'' really.

Herman

San Miquel is 21 years old - not one for the future ?

McGrandles should be out on loan to a League 1 club not playing in U21''s - he will never make the grade there he is well off the mark at the moment

Voo - not a flop / Rearly ?

Adams has wasted £10M

Just asking a genuine question. Are they Adams signings or the football committee ie McNally, Barry Simmons etc. Would NA have had the knowledge of the players or was it the head of scouting who identifies the players. Would that also provide an answer as to why after signing Miquel we don''t play him

Before this season began we seemed to be signing players in order to go up straight away. Miquel and McGrandles were probably meant for the longer term after the aging mercenaries such as O''Neill, Hoofveld and Cuellar had retired/departed. No promotion this season and the plan backfires somewhat, leading us to have to deal with unwanted departures and repair things over the summer.For the coming window we can expect another prem loan or opportunistic signing of a player whose contract expires in the summer, as our clueless board don''t seem to like buying players in January. We needed a replacement for Surman before the last window closed, but don''t expect a permanent one just yet. We''ll start next season little better off than when we started this, but having wasted a fair sum of money on average players like Lafferty and Grabban.

Yes I agree with CC and Ricardo on this, its about the current excellent squad under performing. I also suspect a couple of these so called flops to come in and have a good second half of the season, then they can be judged.

"but having wasted a fair sum of money on average players like Lafferty and Grabban"Grabban was one of the top scorers in this division last year. Nobody would have turned down his signing.Lafferty has a reasonable record in the lower leagues, but for various reasons hasn''t shown his potential yet.Vadis well that was a risk, but you can''t blame Neil for someone getting injured.

Herman why sign all these forwards when are tightest formation is to play one up top with Holly behind them - so that they all had 3 weeks off between games ?

Signed too many forwards along with too many Center Halves - he has wasted our transfer budget

Remember Bassong went to Watford not because he had fallen out with the Club but because he had fallen out with Adams - he probably told him what we all now know - he hasent got a clue what hes doing

Because it''s a bloody long season. We have three strikers,each of which play a slightly different role and a versatile forward player. Or do you think we should have only gone with Hooper and one other? Some of you are clueless.

No other club in this league can start with 2 forwards on the pitch and have £6M worth of forwards on the bench

Chelsea & Man City & Arsenal & Liverpool Spurs only have 3 forwards in there entire squad

This long season comment is a joke - we can sign players directly or on loan for 75% of the season - only fools waste transfers funds on bench warmers WE HAVE

We did not need all of them - could have dabbled in the loan market if we need extra support up front, the same as cover at centre half

You''re making yourself look more and more stupid with every post. Do yourself a favour,put the computer/laptop/whatever down and go and play with whatever Santa brought you.

Newton wrote the following post at 29/12/2014 9:12 AM:

No other club in this league can start with 2 forwards on the pitch and have £6M worth of forwards on the bench

Chelsea & Man City & Arsenal & Liverpool Spurs only have 3 forwards in there entire squad

This long season comment is a joke - we can sign players directly or on loan for 75% of the season - only fools waste transfers funds on bench warmers WE HAVE

We did not need all of them - could have dabbled in the loan market if we need extra support up front, the same as cover at centre half

I love loan players!

Herman wrote the following post at 29/12/2014 9:18 AM:

You''re making yourself look more and more stupid with every post. Do yourself a favor,put the computer/laptop/whatever down and go and play with whatever Santa brought you.

Herman this is not a board for this type of comment we are all entitled to an opinion - I stand by what I say - Adams has wasted £M;s on bench warmers we dont need & he does not play to give him more cash is foolish

Suggest u next post after u watch a live game (in about 10 years) why dont u get back to your chocolates & fifa 15 theirs a good boy

If you are a regular attendee then maybe you should start watching the game properly and learn about it a bit more and then you maybe able to start posting sensibly.

Fab comment from one of esteemed internet supporters

As I said make your next post after u have watched alive game (in 10 years)

I am a shareholder & season ticket holder - my hard earned cash is invested in the club

I dont think the club earns any income from doggy internet streams but then Herman I''m probably wrong

U in the same bag as City 1st, Morty & Alcatraz - all 3 will drift off when we in league one as nothing to watch from your armchair

Your brain doesn''t enlarge with the amount of money you put into the club.Can''t speak for City 1st, haven''t a clue who Alcatraz is,but Morty goes to games and was there yesterday. So maybe you should read what he says?!

herman lets get back to the original thread before it time for your lunchtime nap

Do u think its a good idea to give Adams even more money to spend in the Jan window

I think he has wasted £10M (see first post) & would not give him a penny more

Cant find your view anywhere other than constant insults

[quote user="Newton"]herman lets get back to the original thread before it time for your lunchtime nap

Do u think its a good idea to give Adams even more money to spend in the Jan window

I think he has wasted £10M (see first post) & would not give him a penny more

Cant find your view anywhere other than constant insults[/quote]According to the Sun today Grabban wants out (we can only wish) and the Mirror says Bournemouth are going to try get him back on loan . I wouldnt give Adams a penny , his signings have been dog 5hit , thats just the ones he has bothered to play .The sooner this clown is kicked out of the club the better , only in a job because Delia saw him win the kiddies cup and had a bright idea , criminal that he is called manager .

[quote user="Herman "]"but having wasted a fair sum of money on average players like Lafferty and Grabban"Grabban was one of the top scorers in this division last year. Nobody would have turned down his signing.Lafferty has a reasonable record in the lower leagues, but for various reasons hasn''t shown his potential yet.[/quote]
Grabban looks technically poor, if we scouted him we must have seen this - maybe he was just in a decent side.  Also Grabban banged in 7 penalties last season - an unusually high amount - no lessons learned from RvW?  There is more to judging a striker in this league than goals scored.
At least we didn''t fork out £10 million for Ross McCormick - another average player - his goals per game ratio was almost identical to Becchio''s the previous season when we signed him.

Right - time for some reality.The prices quoted by the OP are in many cases, just made up.CJF - re Grabban, he isn''t an out and out striker. In fact, he has played a lot of his career out wide. From what I have seen of him, he isn''t technically poor at all. He may not be as good as Hooper or Jerome (who I believe was at most £1.5million not £2million) but then he''s not played in the Premier League.In many ways you could compare him directly with McCormick. The fact that we spent less than a third on a comparable player says a bit to me.All of that said, I would still have taken Grabban over RVW and Elmander last season. He offers pace, tenacity and is clever in build up play as well. In fact, I would take our current striking department over last seasons all day.

[quote user="chicken"]In many ways you could compare him directly with McCormick. The fact that we spent less than a third on a comparable player says a bit to me.[/quote]
It says Fulham were mugged...  10 million quid for a 28 year old player with one decent Championship season behind him.
Becchio is just as good a player, and he will be back at the club and returning from injury in the new year.

I think Newton is just an alter-ego of The Polar Bears, etc., etc. and I claim my ten pounds!!! [;)][;)][;)]

Apples 

Don''t see any reason for the bloody selfinstalled forum police bashing Newton for voicing his opinion.

As for waste of transfer money, Id say its too early to say.

VOO will be a good buy once he gets fit.

Lafferty has not been a success, yet, and Grabban does not look like he wants to be here.

Grabban is also partly a victim of Jeromes "success".

Personally Im not impressed with Jerome, despite his goals. Offers too little for a big guy, and wastes too many chances. Cuellar and Hoojfeld has been poor.

miquel and McGrandles are long term, for the future.

I was fairy happy with the signings of Voo and Grabban, underwhelmed with Cuellar and Hoojfeld

Id say Adams have been unlucky with Voo.

Lafferty is just not on form, and the only waste of money for me is Cuellar and Hoojfeld.

Id like us to sign players with genuine pace this window. Unearth a Mahrez, or a Berahino from lower. Leagues, France, whatever