Sign in to follow this  
capricorn1

Forum Upgrade?

Oh yeah, they mentioned it when they were losing numbers to Norwich Talk.
Now that things have settled on that they''ve clearly put it on the back burner. An individual member of an IT Team with a Developer background could have upgraded this forum by now, if they were put specifically on the task.

Archant has the same dilemma as the Norwich City Board of Directors:The current incumbent is just about doing alright despite some clear limitations, and the required investment of time and effort to find a potential replacement, with no guarantee of compatibility with the existing setup or a resulting improvement in performance, means we''ll be struggling along for a little while longer.

[quote user="morty"]Theres that community chat thing over there------------->, what more do you want?[/quote]
Something which isn''t useless and irritating, preferably.
Which conveniently also applies to posters such as ''Puppet Out''.

[quote user="morty"]Theres that community chat thing over there------------->, what more do you want?[/quote]Last post, November[:S]

I am going to speculate about what may well have happened here.

1. We know that NCFC and Archant are "cosy".

2. We know Archant values the significant revenue generated from this forum.

3. we know traffic on this forum is significantly higher when Norwich are underachieving against general expectations, and peaks when NCFC loses a match.

therefore...

I put it to you, ladies and gentlemen of the jury, that Bowkett and McNally demanded that Stephan Phillips sweet-talks the well meaning but naive Majority Shareholders (They who must not be named) into keeping Adams on as manager, KNOWING we would go on a dreadful run, and thereby maintaining or boosting Internet traffic and advertising revenue which justifies the lack of upgrade to this forum.

It could just be me, but isn''t it all too obvious?

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]I am going to speculate about what may well have happened here.

3. we know traffic on this forum is significantly higher when Norwich are underachieving against general expectations, and peaks when NCFC loses a match.

therefore...

I put it to you, ladies and gentlemen of the jury, that Bowkett and McNally demanded that Stephan Phillips sweet-talks the well meaning but naive Majority Shareholders (They who must not be named) into keeping Adams on as manager, KNOWING we would go on a dreadful run, and thereby maintaining or boosting Internet traffic and advertising revenue which justifies the lack of upgrade to this forum.

It could just be me, but isn''t it all too obvious?[/quote]I gather SDP was on the point of unveiling the upgrade when he read 1. and had to be rushed to Emergency suffering from an acute attack of uncontrollable laughter.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]I am going to speculate about what may well have happened here.

therefore...

It could just be me, but isn''t it all too obvious?[/quote]I gather SDP was on the point of unveiling the upgrade when he read 1. and had to be rushed to Emergency suffering from an acute attack of uncontrollable laughter.[/quote]Well, that''s possibly true - but then I would suggest a parallel theory that Archant journalists have taken a negative view on Adams''s appointment precisely because they know this would help keep Adams in the job.

2. We know Archant values the significant revenue generated from this

forum.

3. we know traffic on this forum is significantly higher when Norwich

are underachieving against general expectations, and peaks when NCFC

loses a match.Therefore...

I put it to you, ladies and gentlemen of the jury, that Archant are goading the football club into keeping

Adams on as manager, KNOWING we would go on a dreadful run, and thereby

maintaining or boosting Internet traffic and advertising revenue which

justifies the lack of upgrade to this forum.

It could just be me, but isn''t it all too equally obvious?

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]I am going to speculate about what may well have happened here.

therefore...

It could just be me, but isn''t it all too obvious?[/quote]I gather SDP was on the point of unveiling the upgrade when he read 1. and had to be rushed to Emergency suffering from an acute attack of uncontrollable laughter.[/quote]Well, that''s possibly true - but then I would suggest a parallel theory that Archant journalists have taken a negative view on Adams''s appointment precisely because they know this would help keep Adams in the job.

2. We know Archant values the significant revenue generated from this

forum.

3. we know traffic on this forum is significantly higher when Norwich

are underachieving against general expectations, and peaks when NCFC

loses a match.Therefore...

I put it to you, ladies and gentlemen of the jury, that Archant are goading the football club into keeping

Adams on as manager, KNOWING we would go on a dreadful run, and thereby

maintaining or boosting Internet traffic and advertising revenue which

justifies the lack of upgrade to this forum.

It could just be me, but isn''t it all too equally obvious?[/quote]Oh, I like the theory (which luckily doesn''t need Point 1. to be true). It is more plausible and with a greater factual basis (ie some) than many a theory here, probably including some I have proposed.

I''m working on a novel about this, and I don''t want to brag about it, but it will make the Da Vinci Code look like a badly written and error strewn novel full of plot holes.