Sign in to follow this  
morty

Grant Holt.

Set to miss next 9 months with a serious knee injury.

Looks like the end for him unfortunately.

You shouldn''t be smug about it though just to spite some of the dimmer posters or WUM''s on here though. He''s a great guy and he was awesome for us, second best player I''ve seen in my 15 years supporting the club behind Hucks and I really wanted him to do well at Wigan because he deserves it.

Amazing player in his prime and is undoubtedly a City legend and I''m saddened by his injury

I don''t think anyone is smug about it all. Along with Hucks, he''s the most iconic Norwich player of the last 20 years and a club legend. It''s devastating news. Unfortunately, I agree with Morty that I can''t see him playing in the football league again. His career has been on a downwide trajectory for a while, and this is a very serious injury. Not beyond the bounds of possibility that he ends up back at Carlisle if they drop out of the football league.

[quote user="Darth Catbeard"]You shouldn''t be smug about it though just to spite some of the dimmer posters or WUM''s on here though. He''s a great guy and he was awesome for us, second best player I''ve seen in my 15 years supporting the club behind Hucks and I really wanted him to do well at Wigan because he deserves it.

Amazing player in his prime and is undoubtedly a City legend and I''m saddened by his injury[/quote]Who is being smug?

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Darth Catbeard"]You shouldn''t be smug about it though just to spite some of the dimmer posters or WUM''s on here though. He''s a great guy and he was awesome for us, second best player I''ve seen in my 15 years supporting the club behind Hucks and I really wanted him to do well at Wigan because he deserves it.

Amazing player in his prime and is undoubtedly a City legend and I''m saddened by his injury[/quote]Who is being smug?[/quote]Saw your further reply[Y]

[quote user="im spartacus"]i wouldn''t bank on it being the end for him WFLGH x[/quote]Assuming its his ACL, nah, he won''t be coming back from that, at his age.

Yes big shame for him. I actually thought he looked in pretty good nick against us and put in a decent shift in a 10 man team.

Another poor Morty post.

Posters thinking he is well happy about Holty getting a injury.

I think to be honest it''s a information post but anyone who has a pic of the doc as his poster pic shows he supports a player who took us from premiership to 1st division last time. Ion my opinion G. Doc was worst central defender in NCFC history.

[quote user="simmo_2"]Another poor Morty post.

Posters thinking he is well happy about Holty getting a injury.

I think to be honest it''s a information post but anyone who has a pic of the doc as his poster pic shows he supports a player who took us from premiership to 1st division last time. Ion my opinion G. Doc was worst central defender in NCFC history.[/quote]Wow, what an olympic grade helmet you are lol.

Leave it out simmo. Not every thread has to lead to a pointless row.It''s a bad day for a club hero, leave it at that.

Tragic for the man that in my mind is up there with the likes of Keelan,Forbes,Peters and Huckerby in my greatest Norwich players that I have seen XI.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Tragic for the man that in my mind is up there with the likes of Keelan,Forbes,Peters and Huckerby in my greatest Norwich players that I have seen XI.[/quote]Ditto. Good luck to the man and hope he gets back to full fitness.  Will still be only 34 and with his character, anything is still possible.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Just realised........whoever is going to break this to Kathy in the morning ? [:(][/quote]I am sure you will break it to her gently[:D]

Good luck Grant, you will forever be a Norwich hero for inspiring our back to back promotions from League 1 to the Premier League, and then staying there with some style... heal up as quick as you can big fella.

Big shame, such an iconic player for us and with our rise from league one to the Premiership will always be remembered as a vital part of that.
It''s unlikely he''ll be back from it but he did look sharp against us comparatively - fingers crossed he does.

Holt is a battler, if anyone at 34 can make a come back he can

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Just realised........whoever is going to break this to Kathy in the morning ? [:(][/quote]

It''s only his leg isnt it?

[quote user="Kathy "][quote user="TIL 1010"]Just realised........whoever is going to break this to Kathy in the morning ? [:(][/quote]

It''s only his leg isnt it?[/quote][:D]

Jeez, what a B*****D of an injury at his stage of career, We on the Emerald Isle wish him a speedy recovery and return to his never say die , in yer face, best.

Get well soon BGH!

[quote user="morty"]Set to miss next 9 months with a serious knee injury.

Looks like the end for him unfortunately.[/quote][8]He''s all about that brace, ''bout that brace, no treble....[8]