Sign in to follow this  
simmo_2

Crystal Palace & West Bromwich Albion

[quote user="Newton"]you clearly are either stupid (probably) or choosing to create conflict

Either way u r an utter dick[/quote]
Well, at least you don''t resort to Key Stage 1 insults when you''re beaten on a general intellect level.

Hogesar point noted

But as u know he plays on words - has no genuine opinions - not what the board is for

He just a knob

If u read his comments never responds to any thread with anything of value

[quote user="Newton"]Hogesar point noted

But as u know he plays on words - has no genuine opinions - not what the board is for

He just a knob

If u read his comments never responds to any thread with anything of value
[/quote]This could be said about many posters, and I am terribly guilty of this myself, but Purple is one poster that tends to add a great deal to a thread, and is capable of backing up what he says. Maybe you shouldn''t really argue with posters that know, or have a semblance of knowledge, of what they are talking about.

Hogesar

If u call constantly playing on words and refusing to understand or comment on a principle without the poster adding massive amounts of intricate irrelevant detail - adding a great deal to a thread I am stunned

The man is a prize prune as u all know - he may be intelligent but chooses on most threads to play the prat

Newton
I appreciate we seem to get along quite well all of a sudden [:)].
But come on, that Purple guy ain''t all bad, is he?
Shall we give him the benefit of the doubt? [;)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="whoareyou"]I don''t think its entirely unreasonable to say that part of the reason for the club being in debt over so much of the last 20 years or so is down to some quite appalling managerial appointments.I appreciate the current owners took the club on with a considerable debt burden already there but they only got out of that mess when the made their best managerial appointment and an appointment which i think its fair to say that DS and MWJ had absolutely no say in.[/quote]

It''s not difficult to check though is it?

Or are you suggesting that football budgets that didn''t achieve what you wanted were turned into debt? Every club spends it''s budget every year. For some it brings success and some failure. We''ve had it good over the last ten years. Plenty of success and plenty of failure. What is it you believe Smith and Jones did to increase the debt?

[/quote]Made some quite appalling managerial appointments. And let Doomcaster run the club into the ground. I don''t think many supporters would have appointed Hamilton, Gunn, Roeder and Adams at the various times. Whilst Adams has not been a complete disaster ( but is still a way from where we want to be) all the others were suicidal appointments IMHO.

Newton mate, do you not think it''s time to make a tactical retreat?

It appears you know little about the way the boards of football clubs work (I don''t either, but I''m happy to learn from those who do, rather than insist on hindsight and wild conspiracy theories) but the fact that you said:

"gunn - i think u will find the later signed 12 players in the summer - lambert moved them all on by that christmas - I cant list each player but there were loads of cr#p ones "

when Gunn''s signings included Russell Martin and one Grant Holt would suggest you know little about Norwich City either.

I will concede Michael Theoklitos though.

[quote user="whoareyou"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="whoareyou"]I don''t think its entirely unreasonable to say that part of the reason for the club being in debt over so much of the last 20 years or so is down to some quite appalling managerial appointments.I appreciate the current owners took the club on with a considerable debt burden already there but they only got out of that mess when the made their best managerial appointment and an appointment which i think its fair to say that DS and MWJ had absolutely no say in.[/quote]

It''s not difficult to check though is it?

Or are you suggesting that football budgets that didn''t achieve what you wanted were turned into debt? Every club spends it''s budget every year. For some it brings success and some failure. We''ve had it good over the last ten years. Plenty of success and plenty of failure. What is it you believe Smith and Jones did to increase the debt?

[/quote]Made some quite appalling managerial appointments. And let Doomcaster run the club into the ground. I don''t think many supporters would have appointed Hamilton, Gunn, Roeder and Adams at the various times. Whilst Adams has not been a complete disaster ( but is still a way from where we want to be) all the others were suicidal appointments IMHO.[/quote]

Believing that under Smith & Jones we continually wasted the football budget, as most clubs seem to, does not mean we borrowed money to do so. As far as I''m aware the only extra funds used for those purposes came from the clubs directors own pockets. The money borrowed and all debt is clearly listed in the club accounts. You posters who believe we added to the debt by wasting the football budget have been continually asked to point out where. I''m not saying your wrong. I have never seen anything to suggest you are right though. All we are asking is that you give us something that supports those accusations...

[quote user="Newton"]

She has allowed him to spend (I wont say invest) £14M in players & loan fees in the summer transfer market (from the accounts)

[/quote]

From the accounts my backside Newton.

The money spent this last summer will not appear in the accounts until the next set are published.

That is a fact not just something I have made up.

This is exactly why I don''t get involved in these financial discussions, as you only make yourself look an ar$e if you don''t know your facts[:D]

Let me try and explain my point further guys

Delia sacked Roder who had a policy of selling our permanent players & replacing them with loans (why was he not asked what he intended to do when he was appointed - Delia)

Gunn took over half way through that fateful season & we ended being relegated and only having 9 senior players on the books when all the loans left = Gunn at the time of his appointment was selling mobile phones & had no coaching qualifications

During his 9 mths at the helm he signed the following which must have been funded by the club (no Russ Martin Nutty)

Ben Alnwick (loan), Matt Gill, Alan Gow (loan) Stephen Hughes , Adrian Leijer (loan) Goran Maric,

Michael Nelson Michael Theoklitos, Owain Tudur Jones

Simon Whaley,

Holt was also signed by Gunn but that was funded by donations from season ticket refunds matched by the board yes

Lambert cleared out most of the above accept for Holt & Nelson by the Christmas after he arrived (the majority were a complete waste of money)

Success with the Lambert era but it is also well documented that before he was appointed the club was on the verge of going into administration - I suggest that this was hardly helped by Delias constant poor choice of manager and the cash that they then wasted on poor signings

We now move on to Adams - could not get a job with any other club in the football league but we gave him £14M to spend last summer - £2M jeronne is the only starter

Are the other £12M - seems a lot to pay for bit part players ?

History keeps repeating itself - poor managers make poor signings funded by the club (US)

The point is she no longer has a financial hold over us, contrary to what many believe, she maintains a minimal shareholding just sufficient to retain 100% control of the club

She needs to move on as she is the cause of our many problems on the field (she rubber stamps the ,managers) and not the solution

If u believe otherwise see u in League 1 in 3 yearst

You told us that you got the £14 million spend from the accounts but that is not possible.

Care to explain that one away.

You told us that Lambert moved on all of Gunn''s signings but that is not true.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

You told us that you got the £14 million spend from the accounts but that is not possible.

[/quote]It''s the one claim I have seen so far that is true and is backed up by the accounts. Or very nearly. The figure is £13.6m plus a possible extra £3.5m.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]

It''s the one claim I have seen so far that is true and is backed up by the accounts. Or very nearly. The figure is £13.6m plus a possible extra £3.5m.

[/quote]

Surely the year ended in June Purple ??

Those are not explainations they are just your point of view which you are

quite entitled to. I think it''s unrealistic to continually expect a season''s

performance to live up to expectations but on the whole Smith and Jones have

managed to do so. But that''s just an opinion too. However.....

[quote user="Newton"]Re the debt that was repaid when we were promoted to

the Prem The reason why short term debt had built up substantially over

the 4 years prior to Lamberts appointment was that not only had Delia sanctioned

the appointment of some appauling Managers and subsequently sacked them, she

also sanctioned increased borrowing to enable the purchase of some very poor

players players
- I wont name them but I am sure 11 of the players Gunn

signed in the summer were moved on by Lambert before his first Christmas My

point is - Delia as the owner was responsible for the build up of the majority

of our short term debt through the appointment of cr#p managers & funding of

there spending sprees[/quote]

It''s this that I''ve continually asked you and others to explain. It''s not difficult. It wasn''t a point of view. You stated it as a fact and others backed you up. All you are doing now is building a smeokescreen away from this statement that you made and other agreed.

I''ll just take this opportunity to wish you and whoareyou a happy new year. I''ll check back later to see if you''ve come back with anything to back up the accusations. If not then there''s nothing more I can say.

[quote user="Newton"]Let me try and explain my point further guys

Delia sacked Roder who had a policy of selling our permanent players & replacing them with loans (why was he not asked what he intended to do when he was appointed - Delia)

Gunn took over half way through that fateful season & we ended being relegated and only having 9 senior players on the books when all the loans left = Gunn at the time of his appointment was selling mobile phones & had no coaching qualifications

During his 9 mths at the helm he signed the following which must have been funded by the club (no Russ Martin Nutty)

Ben Alnwick (loan), Matt Gill, Alan Gow (loan) Stephen Hughes , Adrian Leijer (loan) Goran Maric,

Michael Nelson Michael Theoklitos, Owain Tudur Jones

Simon Whaley,

Holt was also signed by Gunn but that was funded by donations from season ticket refunds matched by the board yes

Lambert cleared out most of the above accept for Holt & Nelson by the Christmas after he arrived (the majority were a complete waste of money)

Success with the Lambert era but it is also well documented that before he was appointed the club was on the verge of going into administration - I suggest that this was hardly helped by Delias constant poor choice of manager and the cash that they then wasted on poor signings

We now move on to Adams - could not get a job with any other club in the football league but we gave him £14M to spend last summer - £2M jeronne is the only starter

Are the other £12M - seems a lot to pay for bit part players ?

History keeps repeating itself - poor managers make poor signings funded by the club (US)

The point is she no longer has a financial hold over us, contrary to what many believe, she maintains a minimal shareholding just sufficient to retain 100% control of the club

She needs to move on as she is the cause of our many problems on the field (she rubber stamps the ,managers) and not the solution

If u believe otherwise see u in League 1 in 3 yearst[/quote]

Go for it Newton, all those trying to pick tiny holes in everything you say are so sad. They will do this to deflect the piss poor appointment of Adams as manager

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]It''s the one claim I have seen so far that is true and is backed up by the accounts. Or very nearly. The figure is £13.6m plus a possible extra £3.5m.[/quote]

Surely the year ended in June Purple ??

[/quote]It did, but the summer transfers - out and in - are listed player by player in the post-balance sheet section at the end of the accounts, and a figure or figures given for the total cost of the transfers in. In this case, as posted above.

TIL 1010

Purple has confirmed the spend this summer to be probably much higher than my estimated £14M

U r making yourself look absolutely stupid here - Delia retains her shareholding at minimal level ensuring it does not drop below the 51% she needs for ultimate control - why u arguing about 3/5 % it is not the point of the thread

As u can see from the players Gunn signed they were so poor Lambert had moved all on by Christmas except for 2 as per my post - this is the point

What point u trying to make Til - none I suspect as u dont have an opinion do u I nearly forgot

[quote user="Newton"]TIL 1010

Purple has confirmed the spend this summer to be probably much higher than my estimated £14M.

[/quote]But just to be clear, Newton, because I am not very bright and in danger of getting confused, all this about me is still true though?Hi Purple Canary. I have spent time reading your posts and all u are doing is contradicting everything any one says to try & look good.You do not post anything of any value - u have no constructive comment other than criticism of other post. U r an utter dick.If u call constantly playing on words and refusing to understand or

comment on a principle without the poster adding massive amounts of

intricate irrelevant detail - adding a great deal to a thread I am

stunned. The man is a prize prune as u all know - he may be intelligent but chooses on most threads to play the prat

It says in the accounts notes that since the books closed on 30th June 2014 eight new players have been added to the squad. Those players will be Adams signings that you are on about. The figures for those players are not accounted for but the accounts relate to the nine players purchased during the year 2013/14 before Adams took charge.

Believe me Newton I do have an opinion.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Newton"]TIL 1010 Purple has confirmed the spend this summer to be probably much higher than my estimated £14M.

[/quote]

But just to be clear, Newton, because I am not very bright and in danger of getting confused, all this about me is still true though?

Hi Purple Canary. I have spent time reading your posts and all u are doing is contradicting everything any one says to try & look good.
You do not post anything of any value - u have no constructive comment other than criticism of other post. U r an utter dick.

If u call constantly playing on words and refusing to understand or comment on a principle without the poster adding massive amounts of intricate irrelevant detail - adding a great deal to a thread I am stunned. The man is a prize prune as u all know - he may be intelligent but chooses on most threads to play the prat
[/quote]

Purple, I''m sure without any help from me, ( although, obviously, I cannot resist it ) you have already ascertained when Newton says you are a dick, you''re a dick. When Newton chooses to use your insightful information for purpose, he will not call you a dick but he will reserve the right to call you a future dick if you disagree with him on any matter. Ergo, Newton is a dick caller. One has to have a smattering of admiration for such posters who call it as they see it.  [:D]

Newton, simmo, you have plenty of circumstantial evidence - results, tactics, substitutions and so on - to use to debate Adams'' merits as a manager.

But you are trying to extrapolate from that to trying to blame the clubs'' majority owners for things they at most share responsibility for with the rest of the board, who in practice I suspect had more input into decisions than Delia and MWJ. Added to which you have the huge advantage of hindsight, and can never be proven wrong, unless there is a parallel world somewhere in which you are running NCFC.

So you think all, sorry, most of Gunn''s transfers were rubbish. As club owner would you have told him not to buy those players, and suggested your own?

Delia and Michael put a lot of their own money into the club, and at one point were at risk of losing it all. They took a view on what had gone wrong when we were relegated to League 1 and appointed a new board who have massively turned things around. Overall I think they deserve our appreciation, instead of conspiracy theories that are not backed up by facts. Argue with my point of view by all means, but with facts, not with inaccurate stories or unprovable versions of what might have happened if things were different.

Accepting all what u say Nuff Said - why is history repeating its self with the appointment of Adams ?

What is the common link besides a manager with no experience who has strong links with the club going back over a number of years

In my view DELIA - she is the cause not the solution

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Newton"]TIL 1010 Purple has confirmed the spend this summer to be probably much higher than my estimated £14M.

[/quote]But just to be clear, Newton, because I am not very bright and in danger of getting confused, all this about me is still true though?Hi Purple Canary. I have spent time reading your posts and all u are doing is contradicting everything any one says to try & look good.You do not post anything of any value - u have no constructive comment other than criticism of other post. U r an utter dick.If u call constantly playing on words and refusing to understand or comment on a principle without the poster adding massive amounts of intricate irrelevant detail - adding a great deal to a thread I am stunned. The man is a prize prune as u all know - he may be intelligent but chooses on most threads to play the prat [/quote]

Purple, I''m sure without any help from me, ( although, obviously, I cannot resist it ) you have already ascertained when Newton says you are a dick, you''re a dick. When Newton chooses to use your insightful information for purpose, he will not call you a dick but he will reserve the right to call you a future dick if you disagree with him on any matter. Ergo, Newton is a dick caller. One has to have a smattering of admiration for such posters who call it as they see it.  [:D]

[/quote]Ah, I get it, Yankee. I am what Lenin and Stalin called one of the "useful idiots". Naive and fundamentally stupid people who are of no consequence but very occasionally helpful to the cause. Well, all I can say is it was an honour to assist Newton in his arguments in my small way, before reverting to my position as pratish poltroon.