Sign in to follow this  
King Klose

1p5wich to be the worst squad to be promoted from the Championship?

Another ugly goalmouth scramble goal from a set piece... Even 1p5wich can''t mess up their promotion push now, surely the worst team to be promoted if they finish the job? Even worse than that of Burnley last year.

I''m certain I heard similar calls from Suffolk when we were promoted and we spent shrewdly at first and lasted 3 seasons

If they go up I would expect the canny Mick to keep them there and once the multi millions fly in you have as good a chance as anyone in the bottom quarter to survive each season.

This is why keeping Hughton for so long and hiring a man with zero managerial victories to his name has and is costing us so dear. Relegation was as avoidable in 2014 as a finish outside the top 2 is in 2015.

What a really pathetic post - if they go up its because they win games against the likes of Charlton etc etc etc, which NCFC cannot do consistently enough, home or away!

Should they get promoted its on merit, and they won''t be the worst team to manage this feat fir sure. They have an experienced proven manager who has completed this feat with other clubs - shame the board of NCFC didn''t see it that way! Sour grapes will get you nowhere, we''ve had our day and tenpenneth and now it''s their turn. Get used to it.

Yeah, I''m in no doubt it''s all down to McCarthy, who knows how to get out of this league. A team with the likes of Jay Tabb and Paul Anderson getting promoted doesn''t say much about the rest of the teams in the division.

[quote user="City 2nd"]What a really pathetic post - if they go up its because they win games against the likes of Charlton etc etc etc, which NCFC cannot do consistently enough, home or away!

Should they get promoted its on merit, and they won''t be the worst team to manage this feat fir sure. They have an experienced proven manager who has completed this feat with other clubs - shame the board of NCFC didn''t see it that way! Sour grapes will get you nowhere, we''ve had our day and tenpenneth and now it''s their turn. Get used to it.[/quote]

Haha that''s the 2nd one.

Ah yes, the canny mick - his premier league record is far better than that of Adams.

As is his Championship record! And on a budget this season of £10000. It speaks volumes. Adams spend millions, and still cannot pick a defence he trusts!

No such thing as a worst squad unless you finish bottom.They are where they are on merit and to date their squad is far outperforming ours.Be interesting to see how many millions  their owner tries to claw back into his own bank if they get there though.

well the " paupers down the road" out performing our squad of complacent , unmotivated, overpayed ,poorly managed w@nkers by a country mile  at the moment... 10 points clear!!!! it is nothing short of a disgrace ...

[quote user="whoareyou"]And back into the Championship very quickly too, usually with a very low points total. [:D][/quote][URL=http://s869.photobucket.com/user/mortymccarthy/media/640232a712_zps57437961.gif.html][IMG]http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab257/mortymccarthy/640232a712_zps57437961.gif[/IMG][/URL]

[quote user="City 2nd"]What a really pathetic post - if they go up its because they win games against the likes of Charlton etc etc etc, which NCFC cannot do consistently enough, home or away!

Should they get promoted its on merit, and they won''t be the worst team to manage this feat fir sure. They have an experienced proven manager who has completed this feat with other clubs - shame the board of NCFC didn''t see it that way! Sour grapes will get you nowhere, we''ve had our day and tenpenneth and now it''s their turn. Get used to it.[/quote]

Yes! And most importatantly they weren''t hamstrung by silly season ticket holders making deals with their CE about playing the "Binner Way" before they''d renew....

And they got over 26,000 tonight so have found their lost 10,000 supporters . 10 points behind now thats a lot for a good manager to make up let alone Adams , wouldnt have given them a hope in hell of finishing above us but they will do now .

You''re being utterly deluded if you continue to deny that Ipswich have a good squad. For my money they have 4 players (Mings, Berra, Murphy and Smith) who would make a Championship Select XI on current form. If they go up, and it''s looking increasingly like 3 from Bournemouth, Derby and Ipswich, then they''ve earned it. Their squad hasn''t been assembled at much cost, but they''ve identified a lot of hungry players from the lower leagues and who''ve been cast off by other clubs. They''re all motivated, pulling in the same direction and have got a real point to prove. I''m pretty sure I''ve seen that formula used before somewhere and it didn''t work out too badly in the Premiership. They could be exposed like Reading and Leicester have in recent seasons, but that is far from certain.

There''s nothing like a week where the binners win and we lose for so many of you. And to think for the previous couple of weeks we could hear a pin drop on here.

They''re cheating lowlife. They''ll always be cheating lowlife. And that won''t change whatever the results or league positions are in any window of time.

By their actions with sand pails and the St John Ambulance ye shall know them...

Makes this season even more frustrating. The board gambled on the supposedly best squad in the league managing itself to automatic promotion. Sadly they overlooked the impact of what inexplicable team selections have on team morale and actually the squad is nowhere as good as we think. 

Nutty, the last time I looked the topic was about whether Ipswich will be the worst team to be promoted to the Premier League. Whatever it''s rights or wrongs of it, their adminstration which happened over a decade ago isn''t really relevant to this particular debate.

Tough, uncompromising, focused and competitive.  Those are things that need to be instilled in a squad of players over a period of time and McCarthy is good at that.   Looking good and with momentum and belief they are going to be hard to stop.   A good squad? Of course they are.   We have a good squad too, of course, but we don''t have McCarthy and his two years of evolving a competitive squad.   Ours was bought and expected to achieve straight away.   But.....we''re only half way through the season and there is everything to play for.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

There''s nothing like a week where the binners win and we lose for so many of you. And to think for the previous couple of weeks we could hear a pin drop on here.

They''re cheating lowlife. They''ll always be cheating lowlife. And that won''t change whatever the results or league positions are in any window of time.

By their actions with sand pails and the St John Ambulance ye shall know them...

[/quote]

they are 10 points ahead of us with a team that supposedly cost 10 grand you can bang on like pollyanna all you like but they are still 10 points ahead of our massive squad and it is still a disgrace

Ipswich were simply too strong for poor Charlton, as they have been for so many sides at Portman Road this season........Just read that on the BBC Sport page .Ipswich 0 Norwich 1 !!!!

[quote user="Cambridge Yellow"]

Nutty, the last time I looked the topic was about whether Ipswich will be the worst team to be promoted to the Premier League. Whatever it''s rights or wrongs of it, their adminstration which happened over a decade ago isn''t really relevant to this particular debate.

[/quote]

It''s the topic which seems to have brought people to the board that a 6-1 win couldn''t achieve...

Perhaps even that our August win at the Portaloo couldn''t achieve...

And what that cheating bunch of scumbags have done in the past is always relevant to them currently. Perhaps they''ll sign Ched Evans....

[quote user="im spartacus"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

they are 10 points ahead of us with a team that supposedly cost 10 grand you can bang on like pollyanna all you like but they are still 10 points ahead of our massive squad and it is still a disgrace[/quote]

It''s only a disgrace for people who were naive enough to think that relegated teams would do better than them in the first place. If that was you Sparto then keep taking those tablets buddy. The only way out of this league is via what happens over a season on the pitch. And that''s not known before the turn of the year. We are currently making a better fist of it than we did the last two times we were relegated from the prem. And a better fist of it than Fulham and Cardiff this time.

Nutty''s correct - they are cheating scum and I still feel annoyed by the salt pail incident after all these years.

I don''t think they''ll get automatic promotion and if they do go up Evans may well make Owen Oysten''s £11M payment at Blackpool look like pocket money.

[quote user="Crafty Canary"]Nutty''s correct - they are cheating scum and I still feel annoyed by the salt pail incident after all these years. I don''t think they''ll get automatic promotion and if they do go up Evans may well make Owen Oysten''s £11M payment at Blackpool look like pocket money.[/quote]

The photo of the little short arse in glasses and wearing a trilby carrying his pail with Keelan towering over him is still embedded in my mind. I think it was about 1965 and we lost 3-0 if memory serves me well.

How I would love to see that photo again.

Anyway top post Crafty.