Sign in to follow this  
STAN

Jacob Murphy SnapChat..

[quote user="STAN"]He''s now been sent back, just like I originally said Morty..[/quote]Well done Stan, thankyou for bringing it to my attention[:)]

Sorry Morty, I thought my original opinion was ludicrous. It must have been a heavy game of monopoly?

[quote user="STAN"]Sorry Morty, I thought my original opinion was ludicrous. It must have been a heavy game of monopoly?[/quote]Awwww, I''m really pleased for you Stan.It has clearly made your year getting one over on someone on the internet.Well done you![:)]

Ah the self-righteous have spoken once more. Though I suppose the reaction towards Ched Evans has already proven that redemption is no longer within the vocabulary of the British public.

it wouldn''t normally.. but since you came striding in with your mr know it all attidude, trying to lump me in some kind of category and belittle me, then yes i''ll happily laugh at you.

[quote user="STAN"]it wouldn''t normally.. but since you came striding in with your mr know it all attidude, trying to lump me in some kind of category and belittle me, then yes i''ll happily laugh at you.[/quote]No Stan, thats not what it was about.It was about the fact that you couldn''t wait to be judge, jury and executioner before any actual facts had been verified, or established. Gleefully branding him an idiot.Enjoy your moral victory[Y]

[quote user="Holtcantshoot"]Ah the self-righteous have spoken once more. Though I suppose the reaction towards Ched Evans has already proven that redemption is no longer within the vocabulary of the British public.[/quote]Yeah, taking a "selfie" with a dodgy caption is exactly like raping somebody.

Oh yeah, because you couldn''t wait to be my judge, jury and executioner because you''d read a rumour about it being "over a game"?

Like I said before, I was simply expressing my opinion after the picture went viral on pretty much every sport related account on Twitter.

And gleefully calling him an idiot? Far from it, it was nice seeing one of our youth team products gaining expirience and doing well in The Championship. He''s f''d up, and he''s an idiot for doing it.

How many other Championship clubs are going to be looking for a player with that kind of attitude?

[quote user="STAN"]Oh yeah, because you couldn''t wait to be my judge, jury and executioner because you''d read a rumour about it being "over a game"?

Like I said before, I was simply expressing my opinion after the picture went viral on pretty much every sport related account on Twitter.

And gleefully calling him an idiot? Far from it, it was nice seeing one of our youth team products gaining expirience and doing well in The Championship. He''s f''d up, and he''s an idiot for doing it.

How many other Championship clubs are going to be looking for a player with that kind of attitude?[/quote]He is one of our own players, I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt until facts had been established.Its called "support"

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"][quote user="Holtcantshoot"]Ah the self-righteous have spoken once more. Though I suppose the reaction towards Ched Evans has already proven that redemption is no longer within the vocabulary of the British public.[/quote]Yeah, taking a "selfie" with a dodgy caption is exactly like raping somebody.[/quote]I was more trying to make a point about the media and general public taking a self-righteous stand point towards footballers and not letting people having a chance at redeeming themselves as opposed to saying the events are "exactly like" each other. But of course if you want to completely misread what I wrote so you can get self-righteous about my post please be my guest. I''ll personally enjoy the irony.

The question is HoltCantShoot, had say Elmander or Naughton done the same thing whilst on loan at Norwich would you have been happy for them to pull on a City shirt again?

Personally I don''t blame Blackpool for cancelling his loan.

It''s easy to be forgiving of something that doesn''t directly involve you. Much like the Ched Evans rape case. But let''s not go down that route.

Ultimately, what a pr**, i know he''s young but he''s been given a precious chance to play regularly at championship level and he''s not had the brains to realise how lucky he was. fallen for the modern disease of needing to look the big man on social media. Let''s hope it''s lesson learned.

[quote user="Holtcantshoot"][quote user="Bor Bor Bor"][quote user="Holtcantshoot"]Ah the self-righteous have spoken once more. Though I suppose the reaction towards Ched Evans has already proven that redemption is no longer within the vocabulary of the British public.[/quote]Yeah, taking a "selfie" with a dodgy caption is exactly like raping somebody.[/quote]I was more trying to make a point about the media and general public taking a self-righteous stand point towards footballers and not letting people having a chance at redeeming themselves as opposed to saying the events are "exactly like" each other.[/quote]Thanks for clearing that up, though you chose to compare a convicted rapist to someone who posted something unwise on social media.Now, on the "redeeming themselves" point, could you explain how Ched Evans can redeem himself for raping somebody?  I''m sure you''re not going to suggest he can redeem himself by scoring goals for a football team?

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Oh not that Ched Evans debate again. Let the boy have his appeal. Until then it isn''t worth debating.[/quote]Sorry, I disagree.  This is really about "redemption" as in Holtcan''tshoot''s suggestion that Ched Evans is "unable to redeem himself".  Given that this can only really apply to Evans''s current inability to play professional football, I am interested in exploring the idea that Evans can redeem himself by scoring goals.Surely the first step towards redemption is to say "sorry" to the victim and acknowledge what he did was profoundly wrong - whether "guilty" or "not guilty"?

As someone else has said on here, you can totally understand why Blackpool have sent him back. Last season if Elmander, Yobo or Gutteriez had posted something to that effect we would all have been furious, as it raises serious doubts about how seriously a player is committed to the cause. A frequent criticism of the loan system is that often players don''t care as they will be returning to their parent clubs at the end of the season. Unfortunately, Murphy''s position is now untenable as this post does nothing to dispel that notion. It''s shame because ulitimately nobody really wins out of this situation. Blackpool has lost a handy player for them who has contributed some useful goals. Norwich and the player also lose as he will now get less exposure to first team football. However, there are a lot of positives that can be taken from this loan period. He will be wiser for the experience and he has shown he can be effective at this level. I must admit that from the brief glimpses I have seen of Jacob, I did think he was a long way behind his brother. There is now an argument to say that he has achieved more in the professional game than his brother so far (although the career''s of both are still clearly in their infancy). As a wider issue, it is slightly ironic that Blackpool have thrown the book at Murphy whilst in the background their chairman has sent virtiolic messages to fans and has mocked the disabled whilst doing so - surely a far more serious offence. It doesn''t extracate Murphy from what''s he done but it''s another example of how Oysten has made that club rotten to the core.

Perhaps it was Lee Clarks decision to oust Murphy?

As far as I''m aware the manager can''t do the same to the chairman.

I''m sure it was Clark''s decision - well he''s the manager so logically it should be anyway! However, my point is that as a club it doesn''t do much for your credibility (not that Blackpool had much left to cling on to) if you send a player packing who''s done well for you for using social media irresponsibly when your chairman/figurehead of the club is calling fans retarded by text message.

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"][quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Oh not that Ched Evans debate again. Let the boy have his appeal. Until then it isn''t worth debating.[/quote]Sorry, I disagree.  This is really about "redemption" as in Holtcan''tshoot''s suggestion that Ched Evans is "unable to redeem himself".  Given that this can only really apply to Evans''s current inability to play professional football, I am interested in exploring the idea that Evans can redeem himself by scoring goals.Surely the first step towards redemption is to say "sorry" to the victim and acknowledge what he did was profoundly wrong - whether "guilty" or "not guilty"?

[/quote]

And compromise his appeal? Not a chance