Sign in to follow this  
unique

Brighton fans delighted

on the whole, with the appointment of Hughton as their new manager.....

They''ve managed to put a glossy spin on Hughton''s sacking at Norwich - after all, he had ''steered'' us to 17th spot and Norwich had the temerity to get rid of him.

As bad as it was here, I never saw his name misspelt twice in the same post.....''Houghton'' and ''Hiughton'' surpasses anything that appeared on this site........

Could be a good appointment for them. Tactically nieve but will make them difficult to break down, good base to start when the team is struggling

Has a good track record in the championship so why is it a bad appointment? If we were in their position a premiership experienced manager who has previously won promotion from the championship ticks all the boxes

This is a good appointment for them and I will be surprised if they get relegated.

However, their fans are in for a dour time.

The real problems will be when, and if, they need points and actually need to win matches as opposed to not not losing them.

They should be pleased. He will get them organised and hard to beat.  If their flair players are up to the task for the division they are in (unlike ours were) they will score goals - as his previous sides have done in this division.  

It will be interesting to see if Chris Hughton can make a difference at Brighton. I wish him well, but not that he finishes above us......

His style of play in the Championship with Newcastle and Birmingham was very different to that he had with us.Good appointment for them.

[quote user="Cantiaci Canary"]Unlike at Newcastle and Birmingham he won''t have premier squads to work with so I wouldn''t be too positive on their behalf.

They should improve though.[/quote]His success at Newcastle was in the Championship, although arguably he had a Premier League-quality squad, and Birmingham were in the Championship, but he did well there under difficult circumstances. There is no doubt that tactically he was limited in the Premier League (by strategic choice or by natural inclination?) but in the Championship he might be more adventurous. If not this season then next, assuming he keeps Brighton up.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Cantiaci Canary"]Unlike at Newcastle and Birmingham he won''t have premier squads to work with so I wouldn''t be too positive on their behalf.

They should improve though.[/quote]His success at Newcastle was in the Championship, although arguably he had a Premierr League-quality squad, and Birmingham were in the Championship, but he did well there under difficult circumstances. There is no doubt that tactically he was limited in the Premier League (by strategic choice or by natural inclination?) but in the Championship he might be more adventurous. If not this season then next, assuming he keeps Brighton up.[/quote]

Apologies for the lavk of clarity.

He did well at Newcastle and Blues because he had premier squads in the Championship. Ironically he would probably get this team into the playoffs!

He is a good manager, with his own philosophy of how to play, I didn''t agree with some of it whilst he was here, but I''m sure he''s learned from the mistakes he made at Norwich and will be good for Brighton.

I wonder if everyone would be so generous with their congratulations if Brighton were closer to us in the table lol?Can you imagine the scenes if Chris Hughton''s Brighton went above us?

He could be turning into a Warnock/McCarthy type manager. Very good in the Championship but limited in the Premiership. Good appointment for Brighton i think. He will keep them up and next season should push for the play offs.Is he taking the other two with him?

I''m pleased for him - he''s a decent bloke & on his record overall he deserves another chance.He just wasn''t right for us.Wonder if he''ll want Elliot Bennett back permanently?

He didn''t have a Premiership squad in the Championship with Brum, as many of the Premiership squad left before the start of the 2011/12 season.

The grass is always greener.....As was pointed out at the time, the irony of getting rid of a manager that was more than likely to have been a good choice to get us out of the division that we were heading to. Anyway it was too poisonous for him to remain.

[quote user="morty"]I wonder if everyone would be so generous with their congratulations if Brighton were closer to us in the table lol?Can you imagine the scenes if Chris Hughton''s Brighton went above us?[/quote]Now you''re just being silly.Almost as unlikely that Ipswich could go above us after our cruise at Portman Rd.Oh, wait.....[:$]

Agree with you Yorkshire Canary - think he would be doing better than Adams.

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]much as i was desperate tos ee him go i suspect we would be higher up the table now with him in charge[/quote]

Is this the managerial equivalent of Foxitis - CH has got better with absence??

ps - i too suspect you are right though Yorkshire.  

And poses another question  Having already left it so long were we all too short term with our view post WBA last April?   We were almost certainly already doomed so should the question have been who is the best option to get us re-promoted rather than can any other manager avoid relegation in 5 tough games?   If so  CH could have been a very credible answer.   The world may have looked a different place had the board stuck to the courage of their conviction and not buckled at the 11th hour.  

The combination of hypotheticals and hindsight is indeed a toxic heady brew. 

[quote user="morty"]I wonder where the people who thought Malky could do a better job than Adams, went?[/quote]Hughton and Malky have both won the Championship , Adams will never win anything , either would be a massive improvement on our clown of a manager and only an idiot would fail to see it .

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]much as i was desperate tos ee him go i suspect we would be higher up the table now with him in charge[/quote]

Is this the managerial equivalent of Foxitis - CH has got better with absence??

ps - i too suspect you are right though Yorkshire.  

And poses another question  Having already left it so long were we all too short term with our view post WBA last April?   We were almost certainly already doomed so should the question have been who is the best option to get us re-promoted rather than can any other manager avoid relegation in 5 tough games?   If so  CH could have been a very credible answer.   The world may have looked a different place had the board stuck to the courage of their conviction and not buckled at the 11th hour.  

The combination of hypotheticals and hindsight is indeed a toxic heady brew. 

[/quote]They didn''t buckle though, did they? Had we won the West Brom game ( and I have yet to find anyone that predicted at the time we wouldn''t) then we would likely have been okay. But by the degree that the fans were lost that day, they had no choice but to act.Damned if they did, damned if they didn''t.

[quote user="Puppet Out"][quote user="morty"]I wonder where the people who thought Malky could do a better job than Adams, went?[/quote]Hughton and Malky have both won the Championship , Adams will never win anything , either would be a massive improvement on our clown of a manager and only an idiot would fail to see it .[/quote]Can you use your time machine to get me this weeks lotto numbers please?

Get over this Hughton love in we all hated the football played under him, given £25m couldn''t rectify the scoring problem. Are the muppets going with him i.e. Calderwood and Trollope from the pictures on SSN doesn''t look like they are going to form management team, which can only be good news. Can they afford Bassong £2m will do it, Elliott B not doing for the Seagulls £500k.

Invest in better RB.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Puppet Out"][quote user="morty"]I wonder where the people who thought Malky could do a better job than Adams, went?[/quote]Hughton and Malky have both won the Championship , Adams will never win anything , either would be a massive improvement on our clown of a manager and only an idiot would fail to see it .[/quote]Can you use your time machine to get me this weeks lotto numbers please?[/quote]You dont need a time machine just a little knowledge of football , Adams will follow Gunn (that other star manager we unearthed) into mobile phone sales or the like .