Sign in to follow this  
Samwam27

Hughton got one thing right

He knew the potential in Harry Kane. Just a shame it was a season too early, and blighted by injury!

Maybe it was too early or perhaps he couldn''t get the best out of him, like every other striker at Hughton''s disposal.

From BBC Football website

Here''s an interesting thought on Harry Kane from Norwich winger Elliott Bennett, currently on loan at Brighton:

"Harry Kane is great example of patience and

self belief. Came to Norwich and didn''t play, got his head down at

Spurs is and now getting rewards."

Kane spent the first half of the 2012-13 season on loan at Carrow Road, but played just six times before he was recalled.

Hidden message me thinks

To be fair to Hughton , when he was on loan with us he did not have the upper body strength he has now and was easily knocked off the ball

At the time he was not Prem standard which his why he went out on loan to Leicester the following season - plus of course he had that terrible injury

[quote user="Making Plans"]From BBC Football website

Here''s an interesting thought on Harry Kane from Norwich winger Elliott Bennett, currently on loan at Brighton:

"Harry Kane is great example of patience and

self belief. Came to Norwich and didn''t play, got his head down at

Spurs is and now getting rewards."

Kane spent the first half of the 2012-13 season on loan at Carrow Road, but played just six times before he was recalled.

Hidden message me thinks

[/quote]Can you share this ''Hidden message'' with the rest of us?

On basis of the game I saw him exactly two years ago against West Ham away he was not the part. He hardly got into contact with the ball and looked better defensively than up front as a lone striker. That saiid there are very few who shine in such role at 19 and in Hughton''s system there was not much else for him.

[quote user="A Load of Squit"]Can you share this ''Hidden message'' with the rest of us?[/quote]Well isn''t Bennett in the same boat as Kane was - a great example of patience & self belief who has got his head down after last seasons injury but hasn''t played?

I agree with Budapest, I was thinking of that game at Upton Park exactly two years ago. Due to injuries to others, he got the opportunity to play up front by himself. He was very poor and looked completely lost that day. I honestly thought he would struggle to forge a career in the upper part of the football league based on what I had seen from his loan spell at Norwich - let alone the Premier League. He now looks a totally different player. He''s clearly developed a lot, both physically and mentally in the last 2 years. He gave the best back 4 in the country the runaround yesterday and absolutely bossed them. Why didn''t it work for him at Norwich? I guess one can blame Hughton to a certain degree. It is uncanny how so many strikers under him, i.e Holt, Morison, Van Wolfswinkel, Hooper and Becchio who were in decent goalscoring form and then dried up under his management. So there is an argument to say that Hughton didn''t utilise him as he could of. However, it should be remembered that he then dropped down a level and played for Leicester where he was largely ineffective as well. It''s refreshing in many ways to see that with hard work, a lucky break (i.e. Spurs having no other selectable strikers) and some talent that you can move mountains. Good luck to the lad and long may it continue for him.