Sign in to follow this  
mlmc12345

Cameron Jerome is the signing of the summer

I am a young journalist, Canary fan at heart, have done a piece on Cameron Jerome you might all enjoy.

If you like please follow me on https://twitter.com/MLMC_123

http://www.footballfancast.com/championship/norwich/is-this-norwich-city-star-the-signing-of-the-summer

Thanks and OTBC

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]..."at least do it properly."[/quote]

Ha, nice try. Nothing grammatically incorrect with my effort I''m afraid, unlike your pretentious, dim-witted attempt. Now off you go, back under your rock.

To the OP: not a bad article, keep up the good work and ignore the circling cretins.

Good piece, I would definitely agree Jerome has represented excellent value for money. Particularly, in the context of a market where Ross McCormack fetched 11 million, Lewis Grabban 3 million and Jordan Rhodes would probably be worth around 10 million as well. The only part of that I would query is his link up play this season. I think he''s actually been quite poor in that department this season and he has surrendered possession very cheaply at times. He''s been very different to what I was expecting. I thought his all round play would be his best suit rather than his goalscoring. However, that''s a minor gripe - he''s comfortably our best striker by some distance.

Thank you very much, do give me a follow on twitter.com/MLMC_12345 if that''s your thing! Also starting an exciting new Non-League TV football show, the only one of it''s kind!

It''s interested you say that re link up play, i''d say both that and his finishing can get even better yet! However his confidence is back which is huge for strikers, great value for money and still cannot believe how much crap he''s gets on twitter from some of our fans!

Thank you very much, do give me a follow on twitter.com/MLMC_12345 if that''s your thing! Also starting an exciting new Non-League TV football show, the only one of it''s kind!

I certainly think his link up play can improve. I based this assertion firstly on watching his overall team/holdup play. I think even by Jerome own concession it hasn''t been there at times. He''s also not really developed any kind of rapport with his fellow strikers as yet. It''s painfully obvious that Jerome and Grabban aren''t ever going to be an effective parnership. They both played like they are operating as lone strikers, making very similar runs and not showing any appreciation of each others games. Hooper and Jerome have not really blossomed as a partnership either. It''s interesting how Hooper is being asked to fulfil the role of second stirker and provider rather than Jerome. I''d have always thought Hooper was more of a poacher who should be playing on the shoulder with Jerome using his physical presence to hold up and link the play. I''m not aware that Jerome has copped a lot of criticism from fans recently. Although I do think Grabban has taken massses of unfair criticism recently from supporters. Anyways, all good stuff and consider yourself followed.

Agree with this, particularly how it''s January, we have a strikeforce the envy of many Champ clubs yet no partnership has really got going. As you rightly say the Hooper and Jerome partnership hasn''t gone as I expected either. To me we should go back to the 4-2-3-1that worked so well at the start of this season.

Couldn''t agree more. I think we do look much better that way and we''ve also achieved our best results with it. Perhaps the biggest irony is that despite Jerome''s performances our early run was achieved when we had Grabban leading the line by himself and delivering goals. Those days where he got 6 in his first 6 games seem a very long time ago now! The only flaw with 4231 is that we don''t have a

genuine left sided midfielder. Lafferty and Johnson have both done a

decent job out on the left flank but it isn''t there natural position.

However, that system does have the benefit of allowing to include the

two most creative players at the club, Hoolahan and Redmond, without

exposing yourself too much defensively.

Thank you for posting a constructive piece on here. I think that other team''s fans may not agree with you but I am very pleased with our current strikers.

Remember the Doc up front and Russell?

Ps ignore the one liner put down dimwits.

[quote user="mlmc12345"]I am a young journalist, Canary fan at heart, have done a piece on Cameron Jerome you might all enjoy.

If you like please follow me on https://twitter.com/MLMC_123

http://www.footballfancast.com/championship/norwich/is-this-norwich-city-star-the-signing-of-the-summer

Thanks and OTBC[/quote]To be (I hope) constructive. The best opinion pieces tend to be those that come out of leftfield and raise a new subject, or challenge or even debunk the consensus view on an existing subject. Jerome has obviously been a decent piece of business. Whether the best in the Championship is arguable, but hardly controversial, and not likely to provoke much debate. I won''t make any suggestions - that is up to you - but a piece that argued persuasively against a prevailing orthodoxy would be harder to write but more rewarding.