Sign in to follow this  
PurpleCanary

Managerial choice in the Championship

Settling for our lot?

We sacked the 1st team coach and appointed Phelan. I''m way happier accepting that tthan binning what we have in the forlorn hope that Warnock and whoever would improve further what is already been improving.

Smacks of change the manager at any cost to the club to me!

Is that ambition?

You mean unlike Hughton tactical errors......oh hang on he''s experienced........you say you trust the board tgen you don''t want Adams.....I''m confused to know if your just moaning for the sake of it.

You have no replacement in mind and yet you want Adams gone and I''m the one with stupid comments......just look at yourself Newton.

You are just moaning for the sake of it.....surely you need to turn your anger on the board......

Indy wrote the following post at 03/01/2015 12:33 PM

..surely you need to turn your anger on the board

Indy u are at last coming round to my way of thinking - please read my previous comments -

Delia needs to move on - we are not financially tied to her any more - she has poorly managed the club for years and she needs to sell up (her shares) and become a fan

We cant continue with this ongoing array of inadequate managers (with club links) that she keeps appointing - how many years will it be before we are having the same discussion about Hucks ?

Did not know u shared my viewpoint

Indy I am not just moaning - as a season ticket holder of long standing and shareholder I am entitled to an opinion

I am not impressed with the appointment of Adams (nor Gunn nor Grant) - the return on the money he has spent in the summer and the ridiculous blurb that came out of Carrow road when Adams was appointed about searching the 4 corners of Europe - in a sad attempt to justify his appointment

You may be, but the majority of fans are not stupid and resent being treated like idiots - thats how the board treated us at the time

Plus I also listened to the live interview Delia & Michael gave on Radio Norfolk at the time where they shared a joke on air about not wanting sand & camels walking along Carrow Road - pathetic

They are both past there sell buy date and need to move on

Indy wrote the following post at 03/01/2015 12:33 PM:

You have no replacement in mind and yet you want Adams gone and I''m the one with stupid comments......just look at yourself Newton.

You are just moaning for the sake of it.....surely you need to turn your anger on the board......

-------------------------------

Although I''ve disagreed with you in basically everything on this thread regarding your view that Adams taking us to 7th place is good enough, I do agree with you here. Newton, you''re just moaning for the sake of it, if you''re unhappy about what the board and manager have done wrong then you have to give an indication of what they can do to make it right again. Saying something like ''well they''ve made some terrible decisions so they should do it another way'' isn''t really good enough.

nutty nigel wrote the following post at 03/01/2015 12:30 PM:

We sacked the 1st team coach and appointed Phelan. I''m way happier accepting that tthan binning what we have in the forlorn hope that Warnock and whoever would improve further what is already been improving.

-------------------------------------

Adams has done poorly, surely you must admit this? It''s more of a gamble keeping him than getting someone in who knows what he''s doing.

The example of Warnock being sacked when he gets in the premier league doesn''t really hold water. We need to actually get there first to make that decision. Adams has been woeful for us with the team we have, with someone like warnock (who i realise we all dislike) we at least know that he''s likely to get us promoted as he has with weaker teams than ours.

Miggins I have said what needs to happen - we need to break the circle of failure with the frequent appointment of poor quality inexperienced managers linked to the club in a past life

The best way to do this is for delia & hubby to sell up & move on - bottom line - we wont miss them

[quote user="mrs miggins"]nutty nigel wrote the following post at 03/01/2015 12:30 PM:

-------------------------------------

Adams has done poorly, surely you must admit this? It''s more of a gamble keeping him than getting someone in who knows what he''s doing.

The example of Warnock being sacked when he gets in the premier league doesn''t really hold water. We need to actually get there first to make that decision. Adams has been woeful for us with the team we have, with someone like warnock (who i realise we all dislike) we at least know that he''s likely to get us promoted as he has with weaker teams than ours.[/quote]Some of us are pre-empting the endless whining that will happen once Warnock has us failing in the Premiership. Which will lead to endless headhunting and us having to spend an absolute fortune in getting a replacement.Although I am not a massive fan of Neil''s he should be allowed a bit of time now Phelan has come in as his second. And considering we have 10 points out of 15 it has improved massively.Has he actually been woeful? Admittedly not as good as some wanted, and not as bad as some expected.

[quote user="Newton"]Miggins I have said what needs to happen - we need to break the circle of failure with the frequent appointment of poor quality inexperienced managers linked to the club in a past life

The best way to do this is for delia & hubby to sell up & move on - bottom line - we wont miss them[/quote]Maybe Nutty or some one could provide those stats about internal and external appointments.

But miggins why appoint Warnock to maybe get us up only to end up being sacked in November so we are firefighting again! Surely it would be better jnowing the current set up with Phelan there would fair better in thr top flight.

Warnock has been sacked 8 times 4 times from Prem clubs the rest lower division. Only twice has he got clubs promoted so not sure he is the answer on paper never mind beimg an absolute joke of a person.

Newton we are still waiting for your fix!

mrs miggins wrote the following post at 03/01/2015 1:24 PM:

to what sort of people should we sell to. Also do you know who are interested in buying?

Of course I do Miggins 2 x legs , over 18 and not my next door neighbor as he got no money

Not me Herman. Newtons had the truth pointed out to him enough times but just comes back with the same fabrications. I suspect I''m not the only one who won''tbe bothered either.

As for wWarnock being more experienced than Adams, of course he is, but is Warnock with whoever more experienced than Adams and Phelan? Maybe that''s not such a no brainer.

If Warnock had come in when Phelan did, and the results had been the same, would they have been viewed as an improvement or would the Warnock out campaign be starting?

Fair enough Nuty. There''s only so many times that people can spit into the wind.[:D]

Herman wrote the following post at 03/01/2015 1:54 PM:

Fair enough Nuty. There''s only so many times that people can spit into the wind

U & Nutty would know having done it some many times - when will u learn

Herman wrote the following post at 03/01/2015 2:07 PM:

Learn what? Basic English

Herman why the insults ?

R u another half whit who does not like the fact that someone has a different opinion to u ?

Why dont u just send emails to Nutty & Purple, ignoring this board - then there would never be any cross words AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Herman wrote the following post at 03/01/2015 1:34 PM:

Some of us are pre-empting the endless whining that will happen once Warnock has us failing in the Premiership. Which will lead to endless headhunting and us having to spend an absolute fortune in getting a replacement.

Although I am not a massive fan of Neil''s he should be allowed a bit of time now Phelan has come in as his second. And considering we have 10 points out of 15 it has improved massively.

Has he actually been woeful? Admittedly not as good as some wanted, and not as bad as some expected.

--------------------------------------

I doubt people will be whining that much compared to what they are now, plus the fact that he''d probably get the sack fairly sharpish like he has done previously. But when you say: ''spend a fortune in getting a replacement''? I would say at least we''ll have the money to do it.

If we were to sack Neil now, which I can''t see happening because like you say since Phelan has come in our form has massively improved (although we''re not allowed to say that as Jenkins might be reading, intact it''s all Adams'' doing), if we were to appoint Warnock who would manage to get us that 2nd spot I can see him getting sacked fairly quickly like he has with all his other clubs, however, why would this be a problem as it''d be mission accomplished, we''d be back in the prem.

I personally think Neil has been woeful like most other people and pundits, how he''s managed to get this team out of the play-offs is beyond me. I think people were expecting us to lose all our players like cardiff and fulham did, but we managed to keep them and add some great championship goalscorers to the team (Jerome and Grabban). It''s not been nearly good enough, I think woeful is the one word that can come to mind when describing how Neil has done. Perhaps he should be given the time because phelan has just come here, because that would be the fair thing to do, sometimes though being fair isn''t the best thing. Sometimes the best thing to do is not gamble and go with the most logical solution. Stick with a youth team manager and ex city player, or get in a manager who has experience in getting championship teams promoted (our goal this season)? To me it''s a no brainer.

Since it''s a New Year I will stop with the insults if you back up your statements with some facts and attempt to understand what others have written. [Y]

Different opinions are the lifeblood of this board. There would be no debate without them. Misrepresenting facts is not an opinion and it devalues any attached opinion to the point its worthless.

I don''t think we''re miles away in terms in each others thinkings Mrs, but enough to have to agree to disagree on certain aspects of them.

yep agree to disagree, which we don''t say very much. I am very curious to see if Adams can do it though (just personally wouldn''t let curiosity get the better of me in this occasion), just like I was curious to see if Hughton could''ve kept us up.

[quote user="Herman "]I don''t think we''re miles away in terms in each others thinkings Mrs, but enough to have to agree to disagree on certain aspects of them.

[/quote]

I''ve always wondered if Mrs Miggins is male or female ?

Herman wrote the following post at 03/01/2015 2:21 PM:

Since it''s a New Year I will stop with the insults if you back up your statements with some facts and attempt to understand what others have written. Yes [Y]

Herman this is a platform for peoples views, opinions, rumors etc to constantly demand that these are backed up by cast iron facts is utterly ridiculous

If we were only allowed to post what could only be gteed to be 100% true - we might as well not have a board

Dont be such a silly boy - we dont all have facts to back up our opinions - they are our opinions after all (r u Purple in the week) - (these are the ridiculous statements he keeps making in between verbose spouting s ?)

We certainly dont all agree with each other which is the beauty of this board

You need to accept posts for what they are and stop attempting to ridicule people because it does not make u & your cronies look clever, completely the opposite you all look absolutely stupid

Newton, you have a low post count for the length of time you have been participating on this forum. Yet, lately, you are very prolific. Are you on Lucozade?