Sign in to follow this  
Samwam27

Give Phelan the jon until end of season

The board elected a complete rookie rather than an experienced manager. It''s starting to look like Gunn all over again, and now mirroring Hughtons demise last season.The board have admitted they took too long to act last season. It''s clear this is far tougher for Adams than even the biggest doubters believed, and with half a season gone, a downward spiral for last 20 games or so now (& only a slight improvement co-inciding with Phelan''s arrival) board need to remove Adams, and give Phelan (or another) the remainder of the season, and the Jan window to see if he can recover the season.If we fail to achieve playoffs or promotion, our best chance will be gone, and the best players will disappear. We then face a massive rebuilding exercise all over again!

No way. He is another ex player with NO management experiance.

The are other Moan U no 2''s who have not made the switch to manager. Being Fergies No 2 is not a qualification for the job

Agree - in fact my instinct is that he was appointed specifically to be ready to take over at short notice if needed. I think his time at Man U was when Fergy was winding down, and Phelan was virtually running the Club - very different from Fergy''s previous number 2s.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]nope, we need a manager, simples, Phelan I suspect is a very good assistant manager.[/quote]Assistant manager to arguably the greatest manager of all time is a step up the evolutionary ladder from a youth team coach. I said on another thread we should appoint Phelan until the end of the season, he''ll show a hell of a lot more tactical nous than Neil. Do it now.

He will have the job soon I would say because this can''t be allowed to continue. Not sure about the appointment as it''s another rookie.

"I said on another thread we should appoint Phelan until the end of the season, he''ll show a hell of a lot more tactical nous than Neil."

------

i don''t think anyone disagrees with that

[quote user="mrs miggins"]"I said on another thread we should appoint Phelan until the end of the season, he''ll show a hell of a lot more tactical nous than Neil."

------

i don''t think anyone disagrees with that[/quote]Then what have we got to lose? Can you honestly, genuinely see us finishing in the top six under Adams?

Top 6 with Adams? - Yes

But we should be aiming higher than 6th, we should be aiming higher than Adams, we should be aiming higher than Phelan as manager. Phelan is employed here as a coach and I can''t think of a better coach than him really. We need him here for the long term.

I heard that phelan is happy in the background as he does not like all the media stuff interviews and prefers to coach instead and that was from a coach at colney

I always thought he wanted to be a manger before I heard that as he always done interviews at man utd ?

[quote user="mrs miggins"]Top 6 with Adams? - Yes

But we should be aiming higher than 6th, we should be aiming higher than Adams, we should be aiming higher than Phelan as manager. Phelan is employed here as a coach and I can''t think of a better coach than him really. We need him here for the long term.[/quote]If we could get a quality manager and retain Phelan as coach, that would be fantastic. Having someone as experienced as Phelan in the background is a double-edged sword, though - a lot of good managers would probably feel that a coach of that level of integrity might usurp their authority rather than complement it. A young, hungry manager could be ideal - no way Howe will leave Bournemouth, he went before and learnt the hard way. I don''t think there''s a job in football that would tempt him away right now. What about Karl Robinson at MK Dons? Just a thought...

[quote user="norfolkngood"]I heard that phelan is happy in the background as he does not like all the media stuff interviews and prefers to coach instead and that was from a coach at colney

I always thought he wanted to be a manger before I heard that as he always done interviews at man utd ?[/quote]sounds like horse poop to me.he announced to the press ages ago he wanted to manage, and he also did all of utd''s post game stuff for years after fergie refused to talk to the bbc

[quote user="iron_stan"][quote user="norfolkngood"]I heard that phelan is happy in the background as he does not like all the media stuff interviews and prefers to coach instead and that was from a coach at colney

I always thought he wanted to be a manger before I heard that as he always done interviews at man utd ?[/quote]sounds like horse poop to me.he announced to the press ages ago he wanted to manage, and he also did all of utd''s post game stuff for years after fergie refused to talk to the bbc[/quote]

That''s because they were obligated to give interviews because of the deal that was signed for the rights. Would he have done that otherwise, I very much doubt it!?

Phelan must go with Adams. If he isn''t strong enough to stand up to Adams he isn''t strong enough to lead.

Was as inactive as Adams on the sideline today.

Easier coaching good players, he needs to adapt to the less skilfull, unmotivated, prima donnas we have.