Sign in to follow this  
Syteanric

What would the board consider a "Succesful" season?

From top of the league in September, beating our local rivals.. to 7th place, a run comparable to a relegation threatened side and being dumped out of the cup by a reserve team from a club a division lower?
for me, I think the board would take "Success" as a mid table finish with Adams showing he is building a side ''for the future''... cheap signings, clapping fans, prudence with ambition... Little Norwich doing it cautiously...
That''s not success...far from it! for me its conceding defeat.. we mixed it up with the big boys.. weren''t good enough... lets settle for a league where we win  few, lose a few, might compete but at least the fans have smiles on their faces... Maybe even the Kids will get a chance this season and we can uncover the next Chris Sutton to sell for a huge profit whilst we stagnate!
A point to make is that under our first 8 games with Robson under Adams we lost just once... We''ve scored more goals but lost 3 times since Phelan has been in... Robson was sacked for daring to question... Phelan has been bought in to say yes sir no sir, in line with the "nice Norwich" Mantra.
Promotion for us would be a disaster... Adams was found out in the premiership in 5 games last season and wouldn''t be able to cope with the bigger egos and transfer fees that the top players have... the board are playing it safe... "nice guy Neil" won''t upset anyone, wont ask for much money, and will sign the kind of player who wont rock the boat...
Success is measured by wins and trophies in Football.. not finishing mid table and wiping out  debt.

like Martin said, the board said we have the best squad in the league and that promotion is their demand as they realise if it is not achieved parachutes payments decrease, etc etc.