Sign in to follow this  
JJ

The FA Cup 'A Nothing Game'

Did he actually say that? I''ve been deflecting blame onto the players and was resigned to us sticking with him but IF true he should be sacked immediately. It was a competitive game and we had a good following, what message does that send to the players?

A manager should demand nothing less than 100% every game or the players rots in the reserves, disgraceful.

If true it goes a long way to showing why our squad has such de-motivated look about it.

Adams out.

If you get the chance to relisten to the interview, it''s there to be heard.

I can confirm that he said it TWICE in his interview on Radio Norfolk. Truly appalling, but just goes to show the complacent attitude that prevails through the management and board of the football club!!!!

Isn''t quoted on the interview on this site. He says the fans saw nothing and are going home with nothing.

[quote user="Levi Stubbs"]I can confirm that he said it TWICE in his interview on Radio Norfolk. Truly appalling, but just goes to show the complacent attitude that prevails through the management and board of the football club!!!![/quote]

Why thank you Levi!!

Unbelievable, just unbelievable, go now Adams and the money grabbing got McNally!!!

I listened to the interview on Canary CallWhen he said it was a "nothing" game I took it as that he meant that there was nothing happening in the game, neither team producing much, nothing happening on the pitch.

Ahh OK Molly, but still stand by my Mcwally statement!

Fair enough, I suspected it might have been accidentaly taken out of context. I struggled to believe Adams could be that ignorant and complacent.....To be honest the performance suggested they couldn''t care less even if he didn''t say it

My late Dad had my Mum queueing for FA Cup tickets during the 1959 Cup run. My football-mad 9 year old son thinks the FA Cup is exciting. Then following yet another early exit from the famous competition in 2015, the Norwich City Manager refers to the fixture as a "nothing game".

Ouch! Try telling that to the 1000+ fans who funded a lengthy away day!

It''s just further proof why he isn''t up to job.

Every interview he looks like a rabbit caught in the headlights.

He doesn''t give me any confidence whatsoever, what must the players feel like?

Oh my god.
This is why Football fans have the stereotype of being thick as pig shit meat heads.
Adams was quite clearly referring to the game being a ''nothing'' game in that no-one was taking control of it, neither team were really pushing and it was even said within that context.
Now, there''s a lot to be unhappy about but making stuff up / not understanding the very basics of the English language is a bit of a problem.

if Adams was referring to the game then the commentary and the stats on the bbc website attest he was either not watching the game or was referring to the FA cup match as a "nothing"
if its the latter then the next "nothing" game we have we should not take up any of our tickets and just play infront of their home fans to save everyone money...
if its the former then what do we do on the pitch to change that and ensure we have at least 1 shot?