Sign in to follow this  
Baldyboy

Getting what we deserve as "fans?"

I ask this as life has become extremely comfortable for the board here!At the recent AGM who asked serious questions as to why Adams was appointed in the first place?Do we as "fans" ever give the board a hard time? They are happy they are filling the ground for every home game so why should they worry really?Nothing will change at the club until fans start voting with their feet or voicing their opinions on matchdays about the shambolic mess our Club has become!!!

We give the board a very easy time because as people they''re fantastic and genuinely do want the club to do well.

The issue is our lack of ambition, our arrogance at times (very well put by Shaun on CC) and the fact our managerial appointments are almost always completely baffling. I''ve said for a while I''m happy to have Smith/Jones owning the club as long as they stay out of any football related decision making. A CEO who knows what he''s doing in charge of managerial appointments etc

We had one in McNally, unfortunately I think he''s gotten far to comfortable here and has actually grown very attached to us, I have no doubt he''s become a genuine supporter but it''s made him executively impotent.

He''s been good for us in the past and deserves a place on the board but we need fresh leadership and a new highly driven, hard nosed winner making executive decisions again. We are too complacent and even arrogant at all levels of this club and we need a shake up.

I don''t feel the need to rant and rave at Delia, I want the old McNally back or an equivalent to replace him

To further my point I assume Adams was appointed because McNally really liked him (I''ve met Adams and McNally a few times, both top blokes so its not hard to see why) and felt that Adams'' deserved his chance instead of finding someone who would suit the job better.

This is the kind of sentimental, almost fan like decision that the old McNally would never have made

Spot on O.P. Norwich fans are far too introverted, far too accepting of mediocrity, and far too brainwashed by lovely old C list celebrity cook Delia and the cosy family day out atmosphere she has helped create at Carrow Road to ever stand up and give her and the rest of the board the criticism they have deserved for years. I can think of very, very few sets of supporters who would have continued to let them off the hook for 20 years of almost constant tinpot descisions from which they seem to be either incapable or unwilling to learn from. But then why would they when 27,000 keep turning up like sheep, week after week, and sitting in silence no matter what utter garbage Delia and Co serve up for them. The club is a joke from top to bottom.

Baldyboy wrote the following post at 03/01/2015 6:55 PM:

Because I am not a shareholder so wasn''t allowed to go!!

Get yourself involved if you think the rest of the fans are so cr@p my man! You might enjoy it.😃

Also we have a lot of elderly, female and very young fans (Credit to us, football shouldn''t just be a working mans game) and it''s just not in their nature to attack the board.

I''m trying not to generalise but women and children tent to be very lenient and blame everything on the team, despite being no less passionate they don''t tend to get angry like us young/middle aged guys and our elderly fans have seen everything 1000 times before and most are just happy for the day out, they don''t care about what happens at boardroom level etc.

We''re a very placid lot on the whole and that will never change. We should be proud of the diversity of our supporters but they aren''t your typical hot blooded obsessed football fan and unless things become outrageously unacceptable like last year, they won''t kick up a fuss

Fans "deserve" nothing. You choose to support a club and can always walk away if you don''t enjoy it. You can also protest, shout at people, get a campaign going, etc etc.

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]Fans "deserve" nothing. You choose to support a club and can always walk away if you don''t enjoy it. You can also protest, shout at people, get a campaign going, etc etc.[/quote]

He was implying we deserve misfortune because we have a stiff upper lip and give the board a lot of leeway. He wasn''t saying as fans we deserve success or anything like that. I disagree with his point but he wasn''t acting like an entitled brat as you''re implying

thank you Darth at least somebody understood what i meant!!! Bore or whatever name he is going by nowadays, well he''s just twisting whats said as he always does!!

Baldyboy, we understood your point, too many idiots on here quick to jump on anyones slight slip up or mistake.

Suppose we are but only in the sense that we were selling 20k+ season tickets despite how awfull we were under Roeder, then did the same when we went down to league 1. Weve let the board get away with quite alot really compared to the lengths other teams supporters go to.

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]Your thread title asks if we are getting what we deserve. I merely suggested we don''t deserve anything.

you could get some t-shirts printed?[/quote]

Hand Up,Question-Does that mean if the Manager and board run the club into the ground we should just accept it. If we are in Premiership we don''t deserve to be there or when in Division 1 we don''t deserve to be there. Its ridiculous twisting words for your own agenda.

[quote user="Baldyboy"]I ask this as life has become extremely comfortable for the board here!At the recent AGM who asked serious questions as to why Adams was appointed in the first place?Do we as "fans" ever give the board a hard time? They are happy they are filling the ground for every home game so why should they worry really?Nothing will change at the club until fans start voting with their feet or voicing their opinions on matchdays about the shambolic mess our Club has become!!![/quote]

Now then Baldy, it just so happens that I remember this thread from a few weeks ago. At that time Tilly didn''t have any takers. As far as I can judge the old boy is still up for it now. But he needs someone like you. So here''s your big chance to do more than rant from behind your keyboard. What do you think....

http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun/cs/forums/3193854/ShowPost.aspx