Sign in to follow this  
Herman

Today's team versus Preston

team v : Ruddy; Whittaker, R Bennett, Turner, Miquel; Redmond, Howson, O''Neil, Johnson (c); Hoolahan; Hooper.

subs v : Rudd (GK), Martin, Lafferty, Loza, Garrido, Josh Murphy, McGrandles.

4-5-1?

[quote user="Herman "] team v : Ruddy; Whittaker, R Bennett, Turner, Miquel; Redmond, Howson, O''Neil, Johnson (c); Hoolahan; Hooper.

subs v : Rudd (GK), Martin, Lafferty, Loza, Garrido, Josh Murphy, McGrandles.

4-5-1?[/quote]This can''t be right. That is a team picked to take a cup match seriously. Lambert and Hughton never did that. ADAMS OUT!!!!!

I would have started Rudd in goal personally. But then again if Adams had it would have been a sure sign Ruddy was leaving.[:)]

Surprised by that, thought and hoped he would give someone else a chance to try to prove themselves, however i''m sure he wants to get back to winning ways and keep the good recent form going which is understandable, fingers crossed no injuries though. come on city

At last. A lone striker with plenty of creativity in behind him. Will work well as long as we keep a good shape - imo it needs to be a 4321.       Whittaker Bennett Turner Miquel       Howson  Johnson O''Neill          Redmond  Hoolahan                     HooperIf we are too open with this personel, Preston will have a field day.

Redmonds a right winger and Johnson has been playing LM recently.

----------------Ruddy-----------------

Whitts--Turner--Bennet---Miquel

Redmond Howson Neil Johnson

-----------------Hoolahan-------------

------------------Hooper---------------

that''s what it looks like to me, but you never know.

First thing to say is, delighted that Adams is taking the cup seriously. Over 1,000 fans have made the trip up there and it''s great to see a recognition of that. My only gripes would be twofold. The first being the inclusion of Miquel. He''s a left sided centre back so surely he should play there. If you haven''t got the faith to play him there now then you never will. It''s not even likes he''s playing there out of necessity given that Garrido is available for selection. Also disappointed that Wes appears to be stuck on the left. We know that doesn''t work and never has in the 6 years he''s been at the club.

Surprised there isn''t a Grabban or Jerome on the bench, but appears a strong team, especially the midfield, but Miguel at leftback?? Johnson needs to be leftside as cover. Hopefully Howson will get into the box a lot more today. Nothing other than a win is acceptable with that line-up.

Playing soccermanager.com at the moment and I was drawn away to Preston in the cup, just played it, with the team that''s playing today and the score was Preston 0 Norwich 6  !       omen !

Everyone seems to be assuming that Miquel is going to be at left back. I think it''s a possibility that Whittaker will be at left back, with Bennett at right back, with Turner alongside Miquel in the centre of defence.

[quote user="SwindonCanary"]Playing soccermanager.com at the moment and I was drawn away to Preston in the cup, just played it, with the team that''s playing today and the score was Preston 0 Norwich 6  !       omen ![/quote]

I''ll have a glass of whatever you''re having.

[quote user="UpperBarclay"]Surprised there isn''t a Grabban or Jerome on the bench, but appears a strong team, especially the midfield, but Miguel at leftback?? Johnson needs to be leftside as cover. Hopefully Howson will get into the box a lot more today. Nothing other than a win is acceptable with that line-up.[/quote]According to Michael Bailey,Jerome is a bit dicky and Grabban has an achilles problem. Or something like that.

[quote user="thas a rummun"]Everyone seems to be assuming that Miquel is going to be at left back. I think it''s a possibility that Whittaker will be at left back, with Bennett at right back, with Turner alongside Miquel in the centre of defence.
[/quote]

This is what I''m expecting!...

Miquel stated when he joined he could play as a LB may be there today. Don''t understand why Garrido on the bench is Adams experimenting here? If so why when we really need a result today.

[quote user="lake district canary"]What does Lafferty have to do to get a game?

[/quote]

Well, one thing I noticed in his last few games played was he would walk away from Norwich throw-ins with his back to the thrower, as if he was disinterested. I thought it strange when I saw it happen a number of times but perhaps this is the problem his bosses have with him. If there is an attitude problem ( I''m not saying there is ) I would not be surprised if he is moved on over the coming weeks.

How come we''re not winning? I mean we have started Redmond, and he was the answer to everything, wasn''t he lol?

So much for a creative midfield. One shot in 45 mins!. Lets hope it''s an early season storming second half!