Sign in to follow this  
ellis206

This proves a lot of you don't have a clue

It''s a cup game that doesn''t really mean anything, the players do need motivation. Yes they should be motivated for every match, but we all know unfortunately that is never the case.

I think we had a good squad of players last Summer which, with the right manager, would have achieved automatic promotion. It can surely be no surprise Jenkins that they underperform when you appoint a manager who had never previously managed. I can''t think of any other business that would approach management in that way.

Jenkins wrote the following post at 03/01/2015 6:44 PM:

The same applies to last week Mrs.

----------------

Exactly, poor result at Reading, now another poor result in the cup, time is running out for Adams.

I don''t agree Jenkins. In my view, with an experienced manager we would hav finished in the top two. Equally, I''ll stick with my pre-season prediction that with a novice manager we''ll finish mid-table.

mrs miggins wrote the following post at 03/01/2015 6:55 PM:

Jenkins wrote the following post at 03/01/2015 6:44 PM:

The same applies to last week Mrs.

----------------

Exactly, poor result at Reading, now another poor result in the cup, time is running out for Adams.

Yes cr@p performance at Reading after a massive victory in the last game and the oportunity to get into top six. Yet you blame Adams for a lack of motivation, sorry Mrs but you are deluded here.😄

yes how deluded of me to hold the manager responsible. Did you see the team he put out? Come on J, even you can see the tactics in that game and team selection was so poor. Perhaps you''ll change you''re mind in a few days? Perhaps after the Bournemouth game you''ll want Adams out again?

We''ll I did see the game which I suspect is more than you did dear.

And what I saw was a group that didn''t want to know on a cold miserable day in December.

I have to say I predicted an upper mid table finish. It was a dire performance today (I''m northern based) and the team looked barely championship. I don''t understand all these posts about us having the best squad. .....technically we are not good enough, plus the set up was weird with Hooper on his own.

Feel sorry for the manager for such a poor performance by the players. But the board made such an error in selecting Neil. I hate to think about Bournemouth next weekend. The gap in class could be telling.

Jenkins wrote the following post at 03/01/2015 7:07 PM:We''ll I did see the game which I suspect is more than you did dear.

And what I saw was a group that didn''t want to know on a cold miserable day in December. -

-----------------------------

Ah so you''re the person who thinks a flat midfield made up of centre midfielders is a good idea, brilliant.

Jenkins, I feel the same way but footballers aren''t like you and me. Most are very spoilt, childish, arrogant individuals now days and they do need motivating from game to game and that is Adams'' job.

Imagine, you''ve spent your whole life being told how great you are, barely doing any real work and earning stupid amounts compared to their friends, having multi million pound businesses desperate for you to give them the time of day etc

...what do they care about an FA cup tie or even a mid sized club like Norwich? Nothing! I exclude a few of our decent lads like Ruddy/O''Neill/Redmond/Murphy and Johnson, but the rest do need to be motivated for a match, any match unless we''re playing a huge club and Adams is failing badly here

One up front against lower league opposition - that''s the spirit. Hoopers first touch is also often his last - he can trap a ball further than I can kick it.

ricardo wrote the following post at 03/01/2015 5:32 PM:

I don''t think any manager could make a team out of this lot. We''ve tried numerous permutations but none of them have consistantly produced the goods. It''s like having a nice jig-saw puzzle but with some pieces from a different set.

Nail on head Ricardo. I posted something very similar a day or two ago.

We seem to have recruited players who have proved to be useful without giving any consideration to whether they can play together as a team ............... they can not!

I also posted recently to say that Redmond, Hoolahan and Hooper should never be in the same starting line up as they do not compliment each other and cannot be part of an effective team. I was not at all surprised with a poor performance today. Did we not see last season that Hooper cannot play up front on his own?

However many different systems have we tried this season?

I''m sorry Mr. Adams, enough is enough.

It''s the wrong approach. Footballers need a figure they respect, who can put them in their place occasionally and chastise them like children when they''re not putting any effort in. I''m sure Adams'' is well liked by our squad, much like Hughton was, but getting on their level and just hoping they stay motivated isn''t the way to go.

I''ve met Adams before and he''s a great bloke, I bet he does speak to them like adults and is very respectful to them all, but that isn''t the approach successful managers like Ferguson or even Lambert take

Jenkins wrote the following post at 03/01/2015 7:24 PM:

Life is probably a very disapointing experience for you dear.

----------------------

No class, perhaps you''re ipswichcrazy no?

Treating players like adults doesn''t mean you don''t give them a roasting now does it Darth, the approach you advocate of treating them like children is doomed to failure.

OP post is irrelevant drivel.
Two players come in to the team, the team plays terribly - therefore those two players are useless.
This is an interesting hypothesis, and going by this we should probably ensure Man City get rid of Aguero, Silva..Man Utd get rid of Di Maria, Rooney etc. Because they''ve had a bad game before so they''re not the answer.