Sign in to follow this  
simmo_2

Sherwood could be the answer

Yes, let''s get rid of one inexperienced manager and replace him with..........

so we replace a manager with 6 months under his belt and no track record of success with a manager who had 6 months under his belt and no track record of success.
you don''t know how this Football stuff works do you?

Really? Based on what? He''s been linked with every single vacancy going since the summer but no one''s taken the punt, so it seems not so many in places of power consider him worth the gamble.

[quote user="damn that Ralph Coates"]would he accept Phelan?[/quote]
would he or any other manager have to???
Phelan is Adams man.. if he ends up out of work less than 2 months later hard luck.

Birmingham appear to have got a good one from Burton. Any other lower league managers showing potential?

Rochdale are doing well at the moment and the chap at MK Dons has been mentioned a few times.

I''d genuinely rather have Gunn back. Why would we swap one inexperienced tactically inept manager with another one with a significantly worse, arrogant personality? It''s pointless!

Our manger tries to motivate and just tells our team to play, Sherwood is the same. We need a tactically intelligent manager with a bit of gravitas who can kick this squad up the arse and has the personality to drop/punish our under performing ego''s with legs (A few players Ruddy/Redmond/Johnson etc aside)

mrs miggins wrote the following post at 03/01/2015 6:51 PM:

we need to do better than that imo. Also Jenkins has said he''d do well so you know it''s now cursed ;)

Sorry Mrs. Just following your expert opinion that anyone would be better than Adams.😀

If anyone watched Harry Kane Thursday evening, you will understand where I am coming from. It was sherwood who changed Kane from that piss poor player who was at Carrow road last season into a player who demolished one of the best defences in Europe

[quote user="simmo_2"]If anyone watched Harry Kane Thursday evening, you will understand where I am coming from. It was sherwood who changed Kane from that piss poor player who was at Carrow road last season into a player who demolished one of the best defences in Europe[/quote]

Based on what? Wasn''t Les Ferdinand working at the Spuds during this transformation? Why isn''t the sudden upturn attributable to him?

Did you watch Spurs when he was in charge? They looked dreadful.

Jenkins wrote the following post at 03/01/2015 7:02 PM:Sorry Mrs. Just following your expert opinion that anyone would be better than Adams.😀

----------------------

well you''re right on the right track then, it''s good that you''re finally listening. Sherwood would of course be better than Adams...but we can do a hell of a lot better than Sherwood. Where''s your ambition J?

The one thing that Sherwood did show was a wrong understanding of how to motivate your players........slag them off in public.  You can only get away with that if you are a Ferguson or a Brian Clough.  There is no time to learn on the job if you are inexperienced and not able to jump straight in with the right attitude.   Sherwood is not the answer.  Neither was Adams, but he is going nowhere, so best to get behind him.

[quote user="Sir Humphrey Appleby"][quote user="simmo_2"]If anyone watched Harry Kane Thursday evening, you will understand where I am coming from. It was sherwood who changed Kane from that piss poor player who was at Carrow road last season into a player who demolished one of the best defences in Europe[/quote]

Based on what? Wasn''t Les Ferdinand working at the Spuds during this transformation? Why isn''t the sudden upturn attributable to him?

Did you watch Spurs when he was in charge? They looked dreadful.[/quote] Maybe Les Ferdinand would come with Sherwood, I thought Sherwood had a good record while manager at Spurs. He was the most successful manager at Spurs in premiership history according to stats

And this is my point.....some want Sherwood, some Warnock and others leave it to the board who they moan about!

There is no one out there with a clear outstanding CV.......McCarthy? Could this club attract him or do you think Lambert return as his time at Villa looks rocky?

Not saying Adams is the answer but giving him time to sort out the big egos might never work......glad I''m not MacNally.

Very few suggested Lambert, but our CEO was smarter than us, knew about him before and got him at all costs. McNally needs to rediscover his edge, look beyond past achievements and at the character and potential/drive of an individual.

If McNally has shot his load so to speak, hasn''t got anymore contacts within the game and is just employing whoever is available then he needs to go and we need a new CEO.

Rosler might be the answer but all other ''available'' managers are utter sh!t. If he can''t pluck a decent manager out and is no longer required to manage our debt what is his actual use now?

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]Unless somebody asked "which forest did Robin Hood live in?" then Sherwood is probably not the answer.[/quote]Made me smile and totally agree.What I don''t understand is if Phelan is so good and presumably is (or should be) influencing the players and Adams, why are we still so s**t?

Maybe not, but the criteria has to be.

1. Not associated with the club in the last 5 years.

2.Strong character who will stand up to the board.

3.Strong character who will stand up to players when necessary.

4. Very media savvy, which will keep the fans onside. (unlike the current mumbler)

5. passion on the sidelines for 90 minutes and let the officials know if they have let NCFC down. ( penalty at Arsenal, Hughton said nothing, weak)

UpperBarclay wrote the following post at 03/01/2015 7:38 PM:

................... What I don''t understand is if Phelan is so good and presumably is (or should be) influencing the players and Adams, why are we still so s**t?

Because ultimately it is the manager who picks the team and the formation to be used for any game.

We have good players just not a very good team.