Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Who's team was that?

Ruddy Whittaker R Bennett Turner MiquelRedmond Howson O''Neil Johnson                     Hoolahan                      Hooper

Could have been a Hughton team today, apart from the two obvious newbies. Replace O''Neill with Fer and Miquel for Ollson and it would have been.  It didn''t work under Hughton and the same players are not working well enough under Adams.  Tried and tested players, failing to inspire or be inspired......again.    Shameful, really.  Shameful that we are putting out almost identical teams as last season.  Where were the youngsters and new players?  McGrandles. The Murphys. Lafferty.  An ideal game to start some players that need the time on the pitch.   The FA Cup away to a lower league is always a banana skin, so why go for a tired formula that has proved its limitations time and time again?   Hughton got the blame for our ills last season - and rightly so, but the players take some responsibility too - as they did, or should have done, last season.  

Its all a bit predictable.  Adams, trying to make a statement with team selection, looking serious about the match - the players failing to respond.   Not good.  You can see why managers play weaker teams in cup matches - at least then they have an excuse..........  

Just another step on the learning curve, Mr. Adams.   Have a clear out, play the youngsters and new players and give the whole place a shake up.   You might as well, the established players aren''t up to it and at least the youngsters and newbies have something to prove.  We''re just as likely to get promotion via the play offs with a young exciting team, than with Wes, Hooper (who did according to the commentator today absolutely nothing), Johnson''s hoof ball when not on his game, Turner and Bennett statuesque at the back and Redmond when he is off form for whatever reason.

"Oh wait a minute", I hear you say, "We''ll play well against Bn''mth! We''ll be inspired because they''re top, like we were at Derby!" Not good enough.  If you can''t motivate yourself to play every match, whoever the opposition,  especially when so many fans go long distances following you, you should not get to play in the big matches.   Sack the lot of them.

I agree with your assessment LDH. I thought the players were simply not good enough today. Why not have Lafferty at least as the centre forward target player alongside a Loza or Grabban. Why not have some speed on both wings with Murphy, with McGrandles.

That was as tepid a performance as any this year. Adams was right to feel embarassed. Many blamed Hughton last year for his seemingly negative tactics ( me being a big critic) but Adams is following suit. But my main point is as Lambert used to say in one of his few cliches, "the players cross that white line"...... They were in the main clueless. Poor performances, bar perhaps the tidy O''Neil.

I think we can honestly kiss goodbye to the play offs. This team individually and most Importantly collectively are not Premiership class. Ricardo called it in another post. I''m not convinced many managers can get this team to knit and connect consistently. Too slow and actually technically unable to do things like trap the ball or do lay offs effectively (Hooper today was woeful ).

We must lower our expectations this season or it will be a frustrating one for sure.

Any team that has 2  woeful "no shows" against 2 inferior teams in the space of 6 days needs shaking up, especially when those two performances come off the back of a 6-1 win. Something is seriously wrong.

There was nothing wrong withy the team Adams put out today - they should have won comfortably

Before todays shambles - Adams could have gone with that front 6 against B/mouth - I suspect that was in his mind

Listening to the radio commentary it appeared that the players were not prepared to go the extra mile to win

Perhaps there is something not quite right in the dressing room - have the players lost confidence in him - I have ?

Hang on. Is this not the LDC who put up an entirely new thread mocking another poster for their grammar?

I''m sure it must be another one, because having done that, you wouldn''t post another thread with a title that features such a basic, schoolboy grammatical error.

So, to answer your question, I do not know who "team was that" is.

People in glass houses....

[quote user="canarydan23"]Hang on. Is this not the LDC who put up an entirely new thread mocking another poster for their grammar?

I''m sure it must be another one, because having done that, you wouldn''t post another thread with a title that features such a basic, schoolboy grammatical error.

So, to answer your question, I do not know who "team was that" is.

People in glass houses....[/quote]

[:D] Good try.  Unfortunately, my thread mocking Newton, was not about grammar, but about his use of text speak.  His grammar is on the whole very good.  Do     u     c     ?