Sign in to follow this  
Dr Zeuss

Bassong - whats the news?

Anyone know? presumably 93 day loan period is up. As none of the central defending pairings have been good enough surely a large slice of humble pie is needed to give him a try with Bennett or ano ?

Clearly it''s very unlikely he''ll be seen again in a Norwich shirt.

The best partnership we''ve had in years and years is Turner/Bassong. So in some ways it''d be nice to get back to that. I''d also be happy to see Turner/Cuellar or even Cuellar/Bassong.

But we probably won''t see any of them.

Will be on his way back as soon as Adams gets his P45 - otherwise will be looking to extend his loan

Seeing the goals we let in today on Sky Sports - it was pub team defending

We need him

Poor management, got to be big enough to put differences aside and do what is right for the team. We need our best players, and when his head is right he is our best defender by far. Sure bet Watford are not covering all costs , so in effect we are helping pay for our rivals success

The decision to let Surman go was appalling as well. We need a player who can pass, and split a defence with a through ball.

Having seen every game that Bassong played for City & the steadily diminishing returns , I honestly cannot understand the clamour for his return. Is it just that he is seen as anti Adams so therefore must be great or have people really forgotten his performances last season when even Hughton dropped him.

[quote user="Year of the tiger"]Having seen every game that Bassong played for City & the steadily diminishing returns , I honestly cannot understand the clamour for his return. Is it just that he is seen as anti Adams so therefore must be great or have people really forgotten his performances last season when even Hughton dropped him.[/quote]

I havent forgotten he was shocking for most of last season