Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Newtonian law

The First Law -  "Yo" does not exist. You must use  "u" instead of  "you"  and  "ur" instead of "your"Thus the phrase, for example -  "a youthful young yob from York", becomes - "a uthful ung b from rk".  Bootiful....

The first law of Message board etiquette Lakey...."You do not ridicule others'' technically incorrect grammar/spelling".Just because you''ve had a good education does not give you the right to belittle others who may have not . I''m disappointed in you for starting this thread. I thought you were better than that.

He wasn''t quoting "laws of message board etiquette" though now, was he?  Not that I would have thought you would be overly familiar with those either.

I quite like Newton. Bit of a character.
Ironically, half of LDC''s posts have been about / to Morty, about how he''s a bully or whatever rubbish it is he spouts.
Yet it''s perfectly acceptable to start a thread singling out an individual taking the piss.
Double standards. A bit like his views on Hughton / Adams. A pattern emerging, perhaps.

Another unwritten law Reggie is that if you call someone a clown or idiot then at least stick around for a response.Another is lie down with dogs you''ll get fleas.

I now make that two free months for me so far this season Lakey. Looks like I was right and I set you an impossible task. [;)]

[quote user="Herman "]Another unwritten law Reggie is that if you call someone a clown or idiot then at least stick around for a response.

[/quote]Not quite following that Herman. Yes, I''ve used those words, and was fully aware that they''d elicit a ''response''. Not really all that new on this forum, surely ? People do it all the time.What is quite rare, thankfully, is the act of taking the p*ss out of another poster''s grammar/spelling. Two totally different things.

"                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          " is my favourite un-written message board law.

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]He wasn''t quoting "laws of message board etiquette" though now, was he?  Not that I would have thought you would be overly familiar with those either.[/quote]My God, you really are living up to your bore-ing monniker this afternoon, BBB.Have you been at the Sunday lunch cooking sherry ?

They''re not taking the pee out of his spelling or grammar, none of us are perfect in that case, it''s the atrocious use of basic English that''s the problem.

Why does it matter? It''s just an Internet forum not a job application.

[quote user="Herman "]They''re not taking the pee out of his spelling or grammar, none of us are perfect in that case, it''s the atrocious use of basic English that''s the problem.[/quote]The above is a Hermanspeak euphemism for "I don''t much like what Newton says or how he says it......."

[quote user="hogesar"]I quite like Newton. Bit of a character.
Ironically, half of LDC''s posts have been about / to Morty, about how he''s a bully or whatever rubbish it is he spouts.
Yet it''s perfectly acceptable to start a thread singling out an individual taking the piss.
Double standards. A bit like his views on Hughton / Adams. A pattern emerging, perhaps.
[/quote]Let me put you straight on a few things.My spat with Morty is as a result of his weak willed posting where he tries to curry favour with those he wants to look good in front of.....in my case jumping on a bandwagon of ridicule that followed me around about two years ago, taking it to a level of abuse that most fair minded posters could see as way out of order.  I stood up to him that''s all and now will point out to him when he is abusive - or since his new found status as moderator somewhere else, his hypocrisy.

I singled out Newton, not because he is grammatically weak - he is not in the least - he is perfectly capable of good posts. My p*ss take is because of his laziness in writing in twitterspeak.  This is not twitter or texting.  Nearly everyone on here writes to the best of their ability, good or bad.   He could at least try to do the same. 

Double standards on Hughton/Adams?   I''ve recently several times pointed out to people posts I wrote last season where I criticised Hughton.  I recently this season also said that it gets to the point where keeping on about changing Adams is getting counter-productive and that we should just accept the same thing as last season - the board have decided he is staying so we might as well get behind him.  This is much as I said last season, although I admit I expected Hughton to get better out of his team as time went on, but the opposite happened towards the end of the season.

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="Herman "]They''re not taking the pee out of his spelling or grammar, none of us are perfect in that case, it''s the atrocious use of basic English that''s the problem.[/quote]The above is a Hermanspeak euphemism for "I don''t much like what Newton says or how he says it......."[/quote]I don''t have a clue what he''s saying most of the time, and what I do get is ill informed ranting. At least you have the decency to write bollox in the mother tongue.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]I now make that two free months for me so far this season Lakey. Looks like I was right and I set you an impossible task. [;)][/quote]

I''ll come clean, guv, its three. PC Til - Aug, Sept, Oct.LDC  - Nov Dec Jan.And yes, you were right. It was an impossible task. [;)]

[quote user="Herman "]. At least you have the decency to write bollox in the mother tongue.[/quote]Ha Ha. That''s the best cover-all ,all -encompassing statement of the week, Herman.We ALL (you included) write bollox quite regularly.Where you are right is that the level of English it''s written in varies greatly......

This is a fantastic thread

For most of the morning it has kept all those with no opinions (not Reggie) off the other threads allowing people to post there own views or opinions hassle free

Lets just hope in continues into the afternoon & eveningt

Vermin - no Herman & Til 1010 I think there may have been a full stop in the wrong place on one of your posts can u check please

Bor & LDC - what was that opinion again - missed the last one u posted in 2008 - silly me

Sadly I cannot provide proof of any of these statements - they are just my opinions & views - something this board is for (posting opinions & views)

I know its hard for u all to understand but do your best

We need to encourage more to post not try & scare them off

Finally what on earth has happened to your esteemed

verbose leader - I am still laughing about his epilogue regarding his pompous boast about his vast knowledge of world football stretching back to the early 1960''s

Somehow this did not included any mention of England winning the world cup in 1966 and Man U''s triumphs in what now is the champ league - I must stop nearly wetting myself - do u want me to post a copy of the thread - but then of course u all applauded it at the time, so u know what I mean

Can wait for the next rendition from him

[quote user="Newton"]This is a fantastic thread

For most of the morning it has kept all those with no opinions (not Reggie) off the other threads allowing people to post there own views or opinions hassle free [/quote]Now that''s where I have to take issue with you Newton......The people I''m assuming that you are referring to do certainly have opinions. It''s just that they are either those spoon fed to them via the club/media, or ones that shift faster than a saharan sand dune.The  overriding and consistent things about them is that their views are very narrow and they are intolerant of anyone who has the audacity to have a view in any way different from this narrow slant of theirs. They try to gloss over it with arrogand smart ass remarks.In another thread they are referred to as The Chuckle Brothers. I''d take issue with that too. The Chuckle brothers were moderately funny and moderately successful. These people on here, on the other hand.......

Bit surprised to see LDC starting a thread aimed at critisising another poster after the huge Morty debate the other day.

You''re wrong. I care.  Whether its a poster c*cking a snoop at the board by using some kind of  prepubescent binary abbreviation system of  language that only single brain cell twitts or texters use, or a poster c*cking a snoop at the board by practicing the very thing they are in charge of stopping somewhere else - it brings the board down.