Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

Would you rather:

Is there some kind of alterior meaning to this?

Jed Steer is no longer at the club? Mings only signed for the scum in 2013 so you might as well compare him with Redmond?

I might well but it pisses me off more than anything. You don''t hear them banging on about cat 1 status and all that crap and yet they are still massively outdoing us when it comes to getting youth players. We have been utterly shocking at producing our own talent for way too long.

They have always had the advantage of a bigger catchment area, the populations within an hour and a half of Ipswich includes north London etc. hopefully as we can now sign youngsters from anywhere things will improve but it will take time. Think the recruitment could be better.

Mings can''t be said to be a product of the youth system as signed at 19 from Chippenham having been released by Southampton & Bristol Rovers. They''ve signed a few from non league over the years but I think he is the only one who has come off. It''s something Peterborough hace done with success & it''s a shame we''ve overlooked this avenue.

Yes, I expected instant results from this academy business.

I thought Adams was supposed to be good with the youth?! Seems he can''t even manage that - Adams Out!

The thing is that the binmen have been rather forced into playing young guys by their financial status, whereas we''ve been in the PL where there was much less scope to give them a chance and where buying players in is clearly what most sides do (Chelsea have a huge set up but still bought nearly all their first XI). It''s just one of those things and almost impossible to tell whether someone will make the step up, but far easier to try lower down the leagues.