Sign in to follow this  
Yellow Messiah

Sack Adams now or admit death to promotion hopes...

Thanks Newton, I was trying to defend JF.

I have been hear before as a certain Delia loyal fans base shoots everything down they don''t like.

free speech to the few that dare.

Dibs wrote the following post at 03/01/2015 11:34 PM:

Thanks Newton, I was trying to defend JF.

I have been hear before as a certain Delia loyal fans base shoots everything down they don''t like.

free speech to the few that dare

Good man Dibs - keep it up

I know who all the members of the the chuckle brothers are - constantly changing sides - offer no opinions & play on words

A sad group who appear to think this board is there domain

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Agreed Foggy but he was injured. I keep asking this but can anybody who was at the game confirm the impression I got from the radio commentary that Phelan kept trying to motivate Hooper from the tec area?[/quote]
Then perhaps Lafferty up top with Hooper.  Sounds like Adams was determined to play Howson, Wes and Redmond - and thus five in midfield. Even this puts Wes out left where he is generally less effective, and the very ordinary Howson gets the key spot behind the striker, despite being the least creative of the three.
Neil Adams still hasn''t found a system, tactics or style of play that best suits his squad - very worrying.

Whilst Adams has to go, we need to realise the players don''t have skill or commitment to be anything like a Premier League side.

We are at least looking at another season in the Championship.

[quote user="Newton"]Good man Dibs - keep it up

I know who all the members of the the chuckle brothers are - constantly changing sides - offer no opinions & play on words

A sad group who appear to think this board is there domain[/quote]Newton, I agree with you, but frankly I do not care who is on whose side. In the end we are all allegedly NCFC fans. This is something that Nige and the rest of the chuckle brothers always conveniently forget. With their tediously high post count they , as you say, like to think that have some authority on this site, and try to bully people. There are one or two of us who are made of sterner stuff who refuse to be cowed and can see through the narrowness of their agenda. All these people of course are absolutely entitled to hold their views that Adams must stay, in the same way as they were re Hughton.But what they have got to realise is that there are plenty of us on here who are articulate, thoughtful people and we will continue to promote our opinions despite their bullying tactics. In short, they have been rumbled, and the longer they continue with this policy the (even more) stupid they will look.Keep up the good work, Newton (and others)

Frankly, I think it''s too late already for this season.

The advantage of bring an experienced managed with bite/gravitas at this point, however, is that he may both encourage our best players to stay/ push back against the board who may wish to further reduce our wage build for ongoing Championship status.

I''m not renowned for my optimism, HC, but I think it''s overstating the case to say it''s ''too late already for this season''. I''m inclined to agree with you as far as automatic promotion is concerned . For that to happen, we need to go on a great run and 3 of Bournemouth, Derby, Ipswich and Middlesboro have to go on bad runs. Aint gonna happen.But I still thing the play offs are very much on and do-able. It''s then like buying a lottery tickey. We could just get lucky in 3 games...et voilà. However many more performances like those at the Madjeski or Deepdale and they too will be gone.

Problem is, in my opinion, we should have known and be playing a regular system and line-up 10 games in at the latest. If anything, one of the benefits of appointing a manager from within is that Adams already knew the players and should have had a rough idea of the best system.
Which for me is 4-2-3-1 with Grabban up front, or Jerome. But we seem very reluctant to go back to that, probably because of the Jerome Hooper partnership.
However we have to sometimes ignore individual accolades or joint partnerships if it''s hindering the rest of the team.
Would have really liked a cup run but as per usual it''s not to be. Another poor performance at Bournemouth and we can certainly right off automatic promotion if we haven''t already. Play-offs is then dependent upon players getting their heads straight.
I''m not sure it''s all entirely Adams fault but we certainly need to be considering working on a set playing style, set formation, set tactical instructions which allow our flair players to do what they do best whilst retaining a good defensive shape. I can''t see past the 4-2-3-1 with that when you consider our playing squad.

[quote user="Yellow Messiah"]With every day that passes with this clueless kids manager in charge, our chances of reaching the play offs diminish.

He lacks the tactical nous to beat a league 1 side, even with a strong starting 11 on the pitch. He ignored Gary Hooper for most of the season, in favour of a player who is much inferior to Callum Wilson, who he brilliantly decided not to sign. He picks a defensive team against lowly opposition like Reading and simply fails to get results.

[/quote]

If you''d been at the match yesterday instead of boring us on here, you''d have seen plenty of reasons why any manager would ignore Hooper.

Creative Midfielder wrote the following post at 04/01/2015 6:09 PM:

................ If you''d been at the match yesterday instead of boring us on here, you''d have seen plenty of reasons why any manager would ignore Hooper.

Anyone who was at matches last season, when Hooper played up front on his own, should have known it was not going to work yesterday.