Sign in to follow this  
Yellow Messiah

Sack Adams now or admit death to promotion hopes...

With every day that passes with this clueless kids manager in charge, our chances of reaching the play offs diminish.

He lacks the tactical nous to beat a league 1 side, even with a strong starting 11 on the pitch. He ignored Gary Hooper for most of the season, in favour of a player who is much inferior to Callum Wilson, who he brilliantly decided not to sign. He picks a defensive team against lowly opposition like Reading and simply fails to get results.

The worst thing is that this is our best opportunity to return to the top flight and the board have squandered it by appointing a man who would not have got the manager''s job at ANY other team in the football league, rather than an ambitious, talented manager such as Neil Lennon. Just look at Ipswich who have an albeit hard-working, but clearly inferior squad and its not hard to work out why they are above us.

Adams Out.

Our season looks like fizzlin out to mid table obscurity.

The board are not going to sack him, they said as much already.

I have no idea where we go from here. Will Adams be allowed to waste funds in Jan? Will he sell the players that would get us promted with a manger who could motivate?

We just don''t look capable of putting any consistent run togther. Adams doesn''t know his strongest side, and the players appear demotivated by him.

Depressing times...... What a waste of talented players.

Winning is a habit as is losing. Steve Claridge today summed it up saying we are a massive disappointment and should be doing far better with this squad. This is all too predicable with the odd good win. no consistency and a massive soft underbelly. a good tonking at Bournemouth and maybe even the clowns in charge will realise a change is needed and that should not be Phelan in charge. He cannot claim the credit when we win a game but be absolved from blame when we lose

Adams needs to have gone by Monday or can his followers provide facts to support him remaining in post

What have u got boys :-

(make it rearly verbose please)

Indy, Herman Purple Til 1010 Nutty Nigel

Adams as pathetic as u lot

R u still ridiculing people who dont back up posts with facts ?

Lincoln, they are not a talented squad, very few times I have watched and thought we look like a team that was playing chelsea last season and were a prem team

We have problems, I agree it is our best chance and really only chance with this board as we do not have the financial clout to mass a rebuild with our board.

The manager appointment was the biggest signing of the summer... Adams was not what we wanted and the pressure has been there since that announcement. I think we can sneak play offs with him.

But I want to have a manager who I can see take us up and keep us up in year two

We should be looking that way but it seems we are so far off that.

The most depressing thing is that I woke up today and was so glad I wasn''t going to the game, and feel the same way about the game at Bournemouth. I have no faith in Adams and strongly think that the players feel the same way.

Every win feels like just prolonging the agony of the Adams tenure which is only going to end one way.

Spot on yellow with your comment about Adams being given a job at any other club - he wouldn''t have been. Simple. So why on earth would club just relegated from the richest league in the world with a strong core squad and no debt appoint a rookie if they really wanted to get promotion......words are cheap....actions speak much louder and the longer they persist with their appointment you have to question their aspirations for the club...

[quote user="Yellow Messiah"]He ignored Gary Hooper for most of the season, in favour of a player who is much inferior to Callum Wilson, who he brilliantly decided not to sign.[/quote]To be fair to Adams, he wanted to sign Wilson as well as Grabban, but Wilson elected to join Bournemouth instead because he was guaranteed regular first-team football. Nothing else to say in his defence, agree with the rest of your post and that he needs to go now.

This is exactly how I feel - was going to go to Bounemouth but not now

Adams was out of his depth - how much longer has he got ?

[quote user="Yellow Messiah"]He ignored Gary Hooper for most of the season, in favour of a player who is much inferior to Callum Wilson, who he brilliantly decided not to sign.[/quote]Hooper got his chance today.  He appears to have justified Adams''s decision to ignore him.

I think the damage has been done now. As I and many others said this was the most important appointment the club has had to make in years. This season represented out best chance of a PL return and it''s been wasted. The wrong appointment has condemned us to several years of Championship mid table obscurity. The club desperately needs new owners to come in with fresh ideas and to sweep the cob webs out. Thine for Smith and Jones to announce that the club is officially up for sale.

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"][quote user="Yellow Messiah"]He ignored Gary Hooper for most of the season, in favour of a player who is much inferior to Callum Wilson, who he brilliantly decided not to sign.[/quote]Hooper got his chance today.  He appears to have justified Adams''s decision to ignore him.[/quote]

Must have missed his recent performances then.

Hooper is our best forward. Played upfront on his own is not how you get the best from him.

We needed an external appointment to deal with a newly relegated team - why any of us should find the situation we find ourselves in surprising is beyond me. The season couldn''t be panning out in a more predictable way.

Lincoln, I think the transfer funds available in January will be dictated by the financial targets that have been set for Mcnally''s quarter of a million bonus, don''t you?

As Claridge said on BBC Final Score, we are "a massive, massive disappointment with a soft underbelly which was exposed again today. With that squad the team should be doing way, way better than that."

Let''s hope the top 6 in our division get tiring replays and injuries in the coming round.

Next week''s team can start with Declan Rudd in goal.

I think anyone calling for Adams to be sacked needs to suggest a viable and available alternative. After we lost at home to Reading I formed the view that we should approach Rosler and see if he was willing to take the job and - ideally - was willing to work with Phelan. If doubly so, and probably even if not doubly so - then sack Adams and appoint Rosler.

the board wont do anything untill the fans start calling for their heads

they arent going to sack him, and if they do it will only be phelan who replaces him, i dont have a problem with this but adams needed to go a month ago, i certainly dont know why the hell the board should give him any money to spend its like watching last season all over again, sleepwalking straight through it, numpties in charge are happy just lining their pockets, no ambition

Yellow messiah

He wanted to sign Wilson and he was even offered more money than Bournmouth offered but he wanted to go to Bournemouth.

simples

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]I think anyone calling for Adams to be sacked needs to suggest a viable and available alternative. After we lost at home to Reading I formed the view that we should approach Rosler and see if he was willing to take the job and - ideally - was willing to work with Phelan. If doubly so, and probably even if not doubly so - then sack Adams and appoint Rosler.[/quote]

Dont start that again its not up to the fans to offer up managers for the job thats Mcnallys job

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]I think anyone calling for Adams to be sacked needs to suggest a viable and available alternative. After we lost at home to Reading I formed the view that we should approach Rosler and see if he was willing to take the job and - ideally - was willing to work with Phelan. If doubly so, and probably even if not doubly so - then sack Adams and appoint Rosler.[/quote]Give Phelan the job until the end of the season. Having spent years learning from Sir Alex, he must surely carry a bit more gravitas than a youth team manager - if he can get us in the top six, great. If it all goes a bit Brian-Kidd-at-Blackburn, send him packing in the summer and bring in a proven first-team manager. We''re debt free now, and spending a little bit of money getting the right manager is the best ''signing'' we could make this January.

We''ve missed Lennon. We''ve missed Pulis. I''d go for Warnock Purple but I suspect I would be in the minority. The board should have made an external appointment in the Summer. They blew it, again. Player sales will now follow. Championship medicroty will follow. And had they acted a year ago we would still be in the PL. Unforgiveable.

[quote user="city4eva"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]I think anyone calling for Adams to be sacked needs to suggest a viable and available alternative. After we lost at home to Reading I formed the view that we should approach Rosler and see if he was willing to take the job and - ideally - was willing to work with Phelan. If doubly so, and probably even if not doubly so - then sack Adams and appoint Rosler.[/quote]

Dont start that again its not up to the fans to offer up managers for the job thats Mcnallys job[/quote]

Which he''s done a great job of recently, scouring Europe for the best available manager? Yeah right!

McNally out!!!

I wonder if the Phelan appointment as number 2 was made on the basis of a quick decision could be made if Adams needs to go - if so, lets just get on with it. After all he virtually ran Man U for last couple of seasons.

The difference between this season and last though is that we are clearly under performing this year with a squad that should be right up there and this being the case there is only one place where the buck stops - the manager - which makes the lack of decisive action much much worse.

"PurpleCanary" I think anyone calling for Adams to be sacked needs to suggest a viable and available alternative. After we lost at home to Reading I formed the view that we should approach Rosler and see if he was willing to take the job and - ideally - was willing to work with Phelan. If doubly so, and probably even if not doubly so - then sack Adams and appoint Rosler.

In theory all managers are available at the right price. Obviously in practice it isn''t quite that straightforward , but our last most successful manager most certainly wasn''t "available" but we still got him .

My view in life is to start at the top and see who you can get.

Tonight I would be on the phone to Warnock.

[quote user="Highland Canary"]And had they acted a year ago we would still be in the PL. Unforgiveable.[/quote]I agree we should have sacked Hughton in November/December last year, but there''s no guarantee we would still be in the PL. Fulham and Cardiff gambled with their managers and still went down.

Yes I know he wanted to sign Wilson, the reason Wilson didn''t sign was because he thought his first-team chances would be more limited here because we had already signed Grabban and Jerome. If we had not got Grabban then I''m sure Wilson would have come.

His signings of Jos Hooiveld and Ignasi Miquel have really paid off... Also good to see Bassong helping a team above us in the table.

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"][quote user="Yellow Messiah"]He ignored Gary Hooper for most of the season, in favour of a player who is much inferior to Callum Wilson, who he brilliantly decided not to sign.[/quote]Hooper got his chance today.  He appears to have justified Adams''s decision to ignore him.[/quote]

Adams didn''t ignore him though. Hooper asked for more time to get match fit. He looked sharp when he finally got his chance but I''d be interested to know how he looked today? My personal view is that he could be the best striker we have but he''s also the most difficult one to get fit and get motivated. I understand that Phelan was trying to motivate Hooper from the sidelines during the game today. He''s not a player I would want alone up front in a game like today. Or in fact in many games in the Champs. Surely it should have been Lafferty to start. I''m wondering if Lafferty will be moved on in January...

As for sacking Adams, not sure what it will achieve except for some angry people to get their poun d of flesh. We had all this the last time we were relegated from the Prem. But anyway, as always it''s who would replace him that''s important. If he''s sacked tonight do Phelan and Holt go with him? Or do the club tell, whoever would take the job under those circumstances, that they have to work with the present coaches. Or do we give the job to Holt or Phelan?