Sign in to follow this  
The Big Bad Wolf

Derby and everything after

I was at the Derby game on December 20th. My mate is a Rams fan so I ended up in with the home fans behind the goal (opposite end to where most of you were). I couldn''t help shout and punch the air as SW smashed in our second with three minutes left - which got me a few dirty looks but I got out unscathed! We actually bossed that game in midfield which really shocked the Rams fans who were not used to that. We were unlucky not to win and given another five minutes (Derby were tense) we would have won. I was impressed and at the point of thinking perhaps we had turned a corner. It wasn''t perfect...Ruddy''s distribution was poor. Far too many diagonal long balls were hit straight out for goal-kicks. Hooper looked unfit and off the pace. Jerome looked like a handful all match. It was a good point. We followed this up by smashing six against a poor side but nevertheless this should have been good for confidence. But losses to Reading and Preston show just how inconsistent we have become. How can we go from bossing the game away at our promotion rivals to losing against second rate opposition? This may sound crazy but it''s like the players can only get up for playing the better teams! It is a frustrating season. Adams must be walking the tightrope now. I don''t buy the thought that the FA Cup doesn''t matter. Listen to the ex-pros who tell us all it''s about winning and gaining confidence. Losing yesterday was in no way helpful to our season. After the Derby match I was thinking perhaps Adams and co, just need a bit more time, but the inconsistency remains. I wouldn''t be at all surprised if the players turn it on against Bournemouth and get a positive result. I can actually understand both sides (those wanting Adams sacked and those insisting on more time). Personally I am not convinced...never have been, that he''s the right man to get us promoted.

I like your post and I think you''re right about the players, if you are then it''s a pretty sad reflection on them. There seems to be little appetite to perform and graft out victories against the less skilful but maybe more physical sides, certainly away from home.

I expect us to put in a much better performance next week and hopefully get something out of the game, but that will will only paper over the deeper malaise that you have identified.

Had it been a manager not promoted from within, 99% of fans would be happy to accept more time is needed. However, due previous with Gunn, it is not acceptable. The board have shot themselves in the foot.

It was clear to many that Adams would always fight a losing battle, why didn''t the board see this? It was an appointment carrying too much risk due to its similarity with the Gunn debacle. Any competent organisation would have known this. The fans we''re instantly on edge.

The result of it all is that, again, we''re sat middle of the season with hostility between fans, players and the club. There is absolutely zero togtherness. You can''t blame Adams, he was never going to get a fair crack due to the boards previous errors.

That is a good point Lincoln. Had we hired someone like Lennon and had the same run of results and performances, would everyone be calling for his head, and in such a heated way as is happening at present against Adams?

Lincoln has summed up what I''ve been trying to say very well.

So whats the fix? Sack Adams and ?

Push the board into selling?

Boo the players for lack of effort?

I have no idea......

[quote user="lincoln canary"]Had it been a manager not promoted from within, 99% of fans would be happy to accept more time is needed. However, due previous with Gunn, it is not acceptable. The board have shot themselves in the foot.

It was clear to many that Adams would always fight a losing battle, why didn''t the board see this? It was an appointment carrying too much risk due to its similarity with the Gunn debacle. Any competent organisation would have known this. The fans we''re instantly on edge.

The result of it all is that, again, we''re sat middle of the season with hostility between fans, players and the club. There is absolutely zero togtherness. You can''t blame Adams, he was never going to get a fair crack due to the boards previous errors.[/quote]I can''t speak for how fans would have reacted, but

logically the exact opposite is true. The main argument (and it is a

strong one) from many posters is that an experienced manager wouldn''t be

making mistakes born of naivety, would be getting more out of a big and

talented squad, and consequently we would be higher up the table. The

whole point of choosing an experienced manager would be that they

wouldn''t need more time to get it right. To say such a manager would

have more leeway than a rookie is to demolish the argument for plumping

for experience.

PurpleCanary wrote the following post at 04/01/2015 10:22 AM:

lincoln canary wrote:

Had it been a manager not promoted from within, 99% of fans would be happy to accept more time is needed.

However, due previous with Gunn, it is not acceptable. The board have shot themselves in the foot. It was clear to many that Adams would always fight a losing battle, why didn''t the board see this? It was an appointment carrying too much risk due to its similarity with the Gunn debacle. Any competent organisation would have known this. The fans we''re instantly on edge. The result of it all is that, again, we''re sat middle of the season with hostility between fans, players and the club. There is absolutely zero togtherness. You can''t blame Adams, he was never going to get a fair crack due to the boards previous errors.

I can''t speak for how fans would have reacted, but logically the exact opposite is true. The main argument (and it is a strong one) from many posters is that an experienced manager wouldn''t be making mistakes born of naivety, would be getting more out of a big and talented squad, and consequently we would be higher up the table. The whole point of choosing an experienced manager would be that they wouldn''t need more time to get it right. To say such a manager would have more leeway than a rookie is to demolish the argument for plumping for experience.

Purple whats happened - a common sense post that I agree with - imprest

Purple please read this post taken from another thread & perhaps u will try & begin to understand what a view or opinion is

I know it will be hard for u

Reggie Strayshun wrote the following post at 04/01/2015 9:53 AM:

Newton wrote:

NB Chuckle Brothers I have no actual proof for any of these claims, the comments are based on my opinions and what I have read in the press

Excellent point Newton. That''s something the idiotic , yellow and green tinted, heads in the sand, brigade such as C1st always forget. The vast majority of us come on here and things like Canary Call offering our opinion...nothing more nothing less. It does not have to be ''backed up with proof'' . The problem is that they all have such a limited understanding of the game that their minds are closed to anyone who has a view that''s at variance with their own narrow agenda and easily satisfied stance.

[quote user="Newton"]. The problem is that they all have such a limited understanding of the game that their minds are closed to anyone who has a view that''s at variance with their own narrow agenda and easily satisfied stance.[/quote]So here we have Newton and Reggie, complaining about closed minds and a narrow agenda while repeatedly demanding, and driving all conclusions, towards the need for boardroom/ownership change.Ironic doesn''t even come close.

[quote user="lincoln canary"]Had it been a manager not promoted from within, 99% of fans would be happy to accept more time is needed. However, due previous with Gunn, it is not acceptable. The board have shot themselves in the foot. It was clear to many that Adams would always fight a losing battle, why didn''t the board see this? It was an appointment carrying too much risk due to its similarity with the Gunn debacle. Any competent organisation would have known this. The fans we''re instantly on edge. The result of it all is that, again, we''re sat middle of the season with hostility between fans, players and the club. There is absolutely zero togtherness. You can''t blame Adams, he was never going to get a fair crack due to the boards previous errors.[/quote]

[Y]

Bor Bor Bor wrote the following post at 04/01/2015 1:04 PM

Newton wrote:

. The problem is that they all have such a limited understanding of the game that their minds are closed to anyone who has a view that''s at variance with their own narrow agenda and easily satisfied stance.

So here we have Newton and Reggie, complaining about closed minds and a narrow agenda while repeatedly demanding, and driving all conclusions, towards the need for boardroom/ownership change.

Ironic doesn''t even come close.

Bor Bor what a supurb post - and your view / opinion towards potential Boardroom change is ???????????????

Ops missed it - u havent got one of course as u only criticize every one else es posts, sorry I forgot

But dont worry u at least know what ours is

My view on boardroom change is to be careful what you wish for. For every Manchester City there is a Portsmouth, Blackburn, Leeds United, Hull City. And don''t think supporters would get any say in who the new owners would be.

Of course, when it''s not your money - or even your club, in your case - it''s easy to shout your mouth off on a faceless message board without consequence.

U wrong Bor this is my clu, it is our club - Delia is just the custodian for us the fans

She has a duty of care to do the best for us - for a while now she has neglected that duty

We will all be here long after the current squad/Manager / McNally have moved on - they are just paid servants

Nah, Delia and the shareholders are the owners. We supporters are as transient as they are. We choose to support the club but that does not give us the right to determine its future.

Nothing to stop you organising a protest march, of course.

Bor she only owns 53% odd of the shares

There is no club without us - the fans - we have rights - she will find out come May if it all goes t#ts up

What % is my 4 shares - do u know ?

Jenkins if u r going to be rude perhaps u need to crawl back into your hutch before u get locked out for the night in the dark

U know u don''t like it

Jenkins haven''t got a clue what u talking about - did u know this is a football board

I think the drop in centre in Castle Mall is still open and they even treat hopeless cases like yours - good luck - go now

[quote user="Newton"]U wrong Bor this is my clu, it is our club - Delia is just the custodian for us the fans

She has a duty of care to do the best for us - for a while now she has neglected that duty

We will all be here long after the current squad/Manager / McNally have moved on - they are just paid servants[/quote]

Delia is more than a custodian,she owns the cub. I am sure she wants what is best as that will be her legacy.