Sign in to follow this  
TheEarlyMilkman

Re-Appoint The Messiah

If Aston Villa lose today that could see the end of Lamberts reign at Villa Park, could McNally take it on the chin and sack Adams and get Lambert back in. We have all seen it work at Chelsea in bringing back a manager who fell out with the owner. It would lift the fans and make a real statement on what the club want to do and where they want this club to be.

Lambert would be reunited with Culverhouse and Karsa and he can turn our form around and get us promoted.

I suspect that decision was taken at a higher level.I''ll drive to Birmingham to pick him up myself if that becomes an option, but I can''t see him being sacked mid season, there are still at least 3 worse teams than Villa in the Prem.

It''s never going to happen however the fact remains that nothing has gone right since he left,even the vasts sums of money we spent has been wasted on rubbish

[quote user="yoda"]It''s never going to happen however the fact remains that nothing has gone right since he left,even the vasts sums of money we spent has been wasted on rubbish[/quote]

He hasn''t exactly pulled up any trees since he left either, so why we would we want him back?

He didn''t have the bottle three years ago, so that''s it as far as I''m concerned.

Good while it lasted, best to remember it that way and move on.

[quote user="Creative Midfielder"][quote user="yoda"]It''s never going to happen however the fact remains that nothing has gone right since he left,even the vasts sums of money we spent has been wasted on rubbish[/quote]

He hasn''t exactly pulled up any trees since he left either, so why we would we want him back?

He didn''t have the bottle three years ago, so that''s it as far as I''m concerned.

Good while it lasted, best to remember it that way and move on.[/quote]Spot on.

That would be great but the club havnt managed to ''move on''.

While Lambert was great for us and no one would deny that, I think a lot of his sucess was based on signing players either he''d managed before or his teams had played against. those players were a perfect fit for each stage we found ourselves at, with that option removed at Villa, he''s struggled.

''Good whilst it lasted''

Really? It wasn''t good, it was arguably the most successful chapter in the clubs history, from the cusp of administration to mid table Premiership, by any measure it''s a bit more than fucking good.

He''s done remarkably well at Villa given what a basket case it is, he''s been significantly limited in what he can spend relative to pretty much any other established Premiership club.

I''ll join the list of those willing to go and drive him here and if McNally or any of other wondrous Board don''t like it, well I suggest they find their way to the exit.

Not that it''ll happen of course, we''d much rather have someone nice with Norwich City in their blood.

[quote user="Yellowbeagle"]While Lambert was great for us and no one would deny that, I think a lot of his sucess was based on signing players either he''d managed before or his teams had played against. those players were a perfect fit for each stage we found ourselves at, with that option removed at Villa, he''s struggled.[/quote]I''d still have him back here in a heartbeat. Sure, they say you should never go back, and it could end in tears, but compared to the directionless floundering that the club is doing both on and off the pitch at present, it would at least inject some real intrigue. At the moment it''s as dispiriting as it was under Hughton, and once the fanbase becomes divided (or, worse, united against the manager) there''s rarely any way back. It''s just a case of how long it takes McNally to smell the coffee.

It was brilliant Bury, but also an extreme rarity for nearly all clubs. Everything came together at the right tme. Lambert at his peak. Holt and Hoolahan at their peaks, Martin in great form. Some great short term signings and also one of the best captains we have ever had (we''ve seriously missed this).But him coming back will not replicate this. We can hope that it was all down to him, and returning will bring back the sunshine, but sadly I doubt it.

I doubt Lambert would want to return to the club. When he left the board slammed on the brakes and we ground to a halt halfway through Hughton''s first season. We''re now firmly in reverse gear hurtling backwards with a frightened radio commentator at the wheel.

Lerner is trying to sell Villa so he will not sack Lambert as a new manager won''t know who might be the owner the next week and Lerner won''t spend lots of money on new faces in the squad. Lambert wouldn''t come back to us as we are not big enough to match his ambition and the board were not too complimentary about him when he left.

P.L "course i''ll come back Dave, i''ll just forget about the bonus you tried to screw me out of"

D.M "really Paul well that''s great, we should put it all behind us right"

P.L " NO! Now F*ck off dave and please don''t call me again grovelling"

Can''t see any likelihood of him returning here with the current board but it seems Villa fans certainly don''t want him anymore.http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30675970