Sign in to follow this  
......and Smith must score.

Great call from Shaun on ' Canary Call '

Absolute great call, completely made the club luvvies on Radio Norfolk look what they are Crap!

The fans are sick of this clubs ways, brilliantly summed up Shaun!

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]Butler couldn''t handle the call, patronising wrap-up twaddle about "not having a heart attack". Well done Shaun, good effort.[/quote]

you''ve forgotten to tell Shaun that his call was a complete waste of time as ,as fans we don''t deserve anything and just have to grin and bear it...........and that the board aren''t to blame or culpable for anything?

[quote user="thebigfeller"]Haha - yes, it was me. The problem when I get angry is I turn into John bloody Inman. I gather that some fellow Norwich fans enjoyed it - but the dolphin population of the world must''ve thought it was Christmas... :)[/quote][:D]Well done Shaun, I thought it was you.As some have said on here you had Gunny and Rob Butler well and truly on the ropes and I wish I had a video link on RB when you got that subtle dig in about Gunny''s wealth of managerial experience !! They didn''t have any answer to the onslaught at all, at least anything they could say on air, and I bet they''re glad you don''t ring in every week. I''ll certainly listen to it again as it was the one bright spot on a thoroughly miserable day.Had to smile about the John Inman bit. If you were wearing Auntie Dot''s Christmas present underpants  I suggest the next size up might be better next time.....[:D]

Great call thought when he started on the statistics he might be a geek but respect is due think Gunny took it on the chin. Sick to the back teeth of Adams saying not God enough ffs do something about it you see them on the training ground week in week out, team selection is his responsibility clearly not up to it

Great call, but were in dreamland if we think we could get Eddie Howe... Which in itself says a huge amount about where this club has gone! We should be one of the most attractive positions out of the top flight and it does strike me as odd that the hight of that interest was Neil Adams.

GjL, you are being dim.

We don''t "deserve" anything as fans. That doesn''t mean we can''t let our feelings be made clear and try to create change if felt necessary. I have never said we have to just "grin and bear it" (though i doubt you are capable of grinning in any case).

Just listened to it! Brilliant Shaun, amazed BBC Norfolk didn''t cut you off before!! Butler, what a patronising pr**k!

But, will anything change? Doubt it!

Good stuff Shaun. Butler and Gunny just rambled out the usual excuses and failed to make one relevant observation about the lack of passion, tactics and quite frankly little interest shown in trying to win. It is totally unacceptable that this experienced squad have hardly had a shot on goal in the last two games. I am not sure Adams is a motivator at this level and I wonder if Phelan is a very good backroom man but again cannot instil enthusiasm on the pitch. As regards Adams there is a huge difference between managing young keen lads and experienced pros

who have agents behind them purely interested in their next moves. Accept that Dave Stringer crossed that bridge but there has been a massive change in the money side of the game since he retired.

First time I''ve enjoyed CC since Adams hosted it. Brilliant rant, everything you said was 100% true, you made them squirm, brought up some uncomfortable points and to be fair to Gunny, he didn''t get all uppity and defensive when you brought up his lack of passion and indifference to the modern FA cup, a view shared by the club, which is completely unacceptable imo. We''ve got potential, a lot of fans and a lot going for us but we''ve never won the FA cup, how dare we think we''re above that competition!

Brilliant listen, please call up more!

I was hoping Rob Butler would have also invited you on next Thursday''s ''The Scrimmage'' Shaun.......I for one would have my lughole affixed to the small speaker on my modern technology AAA (x2) battery powered hand-held 8 inch telescopic aerial fully extended Transistor Radio.....But, maybe BBC Radio Norfolk don''t wish to upset those that sit in the Directionless Box on match-days.....?

I''m pretty sure Mr Rob Butler reads and maybe contributes to this forum......Maybe, just maybe......he just might request your attendance or appearance......It would certainly attract more listeners.......Make the ''Scrimmage'' radio programme a little more, '' controversially spicier''!

Good example in Middlesborough who got off their 4rses and sought out a decent manager. All we get from our board are fantasies and excuses to placate the fans.

That''s the best call I''ve heard on canary call this season, well done Shaun.

Would even listen to the Scrimmage if you were on there

Brilliant call!!

It is clearly time to turn on the board, Adams is just a rent boy who couldnt believe it when he was suddenly elevated from a youth coach/radio commentator to Premier league Manager, of course he wouldnt turn the offer down and showed plenty of passion in the job interview, just show''s how dim our board are, Living in some kind of fantasy world. McNally and Co. Wake up and smell the reality, just like you should of done after the villa game last season.....you had time to change it last season don''t make the same mistake two years in a row....

Completely agree Helsinki. I''d have taken the job if I thought I could get us back to the PL, just like a determined, persistant, driven individual like Adams did.

This mess is not his fault and I know we''re only a couple of defeats from really turning on him at matchdays and I''m desperate for that to not happen! McNally is the one who needs to get a grip, wake up and start earning his money. If he did his job and acquired dossiers on every manager in England and the outstanding ones in forgotten leagues abroad we wouldn''t have had that stupid Adams or Mackay decision and we''d be able to find someone now.

Like I said, if he''s too inept to find us the person we need than just appoint Rosler!

[quote user="Darth Catbeard"]Completely agree Helsinki. I''d have taken the job if I thought I could get us back to the PL, just like a determined, persistant, driven individual like Adams did.

This mess is not his fault and I know we''re only a couple of defeats from really turning on him at matchdays and I''m desperate for that to not happen! McNally is the one who needs to get a grip, wake up and start earning his money. If he did his job and acquired dossiers on every manager in England and the outstanding ones in forgotten leagues abroad we wouldn''t have had that stupid Adams or Mackay decision and we''d be able to find someone now.

Like I said, if he''s too inept to find us the person we need than just appoint Rosler![/quote]

Maybe the board are at fault to a degree but adams must know by now he''s not up to it and should walk

That''s one thing grant got right, if adams had any real interest in the best of the club he would do too

Yea and credit to Grant for walking and giving us a chance to recover. But I know Adams and he''d rather die than quit anything, he sees himself as a winner, he honestly thinks he''s the best man for the job and him being manager will bring us success.

The board can''t fall for fan inspired BS like this. I think I''m better tactically than Adams, it doesn''t mean I am or that I deserve the chance...If I thought staying on was best for us I wouldn''t resign.

It''s up to McNally to be brave but I bet he won''t

What a load of self pitying, witless shyte (aided and abetted by the clueless Butler)The over excited numpty squeaked about how awful and useless the board are - twhilst claiming that the results are due to us having the biggest budget and most talented squad in the division. How might that situation have arisen and the contradiction within appears to have eluded his limited brain power.Further whinging about how the few results the players had ground out had nothing to do with the manager, if so then why hold him responsible ?" He has no record, it is all about his cv" .... or results, as Gunn patiently pointed out. As the appointment of Lambert proved in both his previous cv and subsequent results. Whereas Hughton did have a cv of managerial achievement - as did Brendan Rodgers, David Moyes and our own Paul Lambert before they joined their most recent clubs. To compound this idiocy (if that were possible some might wonder) we were told that we should replace our manager (with nothing on his cv) with either Eddie Howe (appointed to manager from youth coach) and Neil Lennon (appointed from reserve team coach).The sad fact is that many of the top two league clubs do not see cup games as being of any great importance. That is not a failing of the board, more a failing of this lad to grasp reality. Just as in his inference that with this huge budget and talented squad should come automatic success.Unfortunately the only thing automatic, is the usual whingers and whiners who clutter up every available outlet when things don''t turn out as their limited thought process believe they should. This league is littered with clubs who have battled and are still battling to get back into the PL. Or even out of L1. But Norwich City are somehow different to them, it would appear.Now why not stop your blubbering, blow your nose and accept that this same supposedly failing board took us from almost the bottom of L1 to 3 years in the PL, whilst clearing the debts and developing a superb youth set up. Even the ground has been packed out game after game.................. however before you burst into tears again, let me tell you that no genuine City supporter likes to see us lose, ANY game, but some of us are able to cope better with it than others. Also the board and the club are not in some great conspiracy whose sole purpose is to do you and other like minded idiots down - however much that take on things might act as a comfort blanket in your hour of need.

ps any link to your comments on CC after the Millwall game ?

This is a very rare outing for you when we lose city 1st you only normally turn up spouting stuff about 100 points and 100 goals after a couple of wins ... and by the way millwall are atrocious and the fact is under Adams we have assembled a team of flat track bullies who only lord it over 10 men and  inferior opponents and crumble when someone stands up to them... and i will start your reply off for you oh dearie, dearie ,dearie ,dearie me xxx

developing a superb youth set up.

That at the moment has produced absolutely nothing as far 1st team players is concerned.

CITY 1ST

The usual yellow and green specs he wears, wears a bit thin.

This club has for the past 50 years done things on the cheap. We have always been a selling club and always spouted being hard up, calling for money from supporters for years. NCFC are in the most envieable position where supporters and residents of East Anglia have NO WHERE else to go. Imagine if this set up was in The Midlands or London area or North West the gates would be 5000 at most.

We have been treated like second class citizens by this club for years and still believe the crap the BOD''s throw at us. I was at the board meeting and no one like Shaun had the guts including myself to address the board re the problems/

Butler will never have Shaun on The Scrimmage as he cannot handle him. He had no idea what to say as he didn''t want to upset his relationship with the club

pathetic from Butler and the end of the call ,telling the caller to "calm down" and was even heard to utter the phrase, or word along the lines of "its only football"..............get off the radio then , if that''s youre attitute, and furthermore dont have the likes of Gunn and Adrian Forbes fielding questions on canary call if theyre too afraid to speak up against their former club, employees or ex-colleagues.

Shaun,could''nt put it better myself. Very eloquent,calm and totally spot on.Mr Gunn was trying so hard to defend Adams but must have realized pretty soon that he really was talking cr@p. Even archant are starting to turn!!!Please Neil, do the decent thing!!!!

Agreed is was pethetic from Butler telling him to calm down.

Bigfella you raised a lot of concerns from the genuine supporters and I respect you massively for making your point so elequiantly.

Everything you said was spot on and it was nice to get us thinker, supporters relayed through your eloquent points. We''ve got some very, very intelligent posters on here like Parma/Nutty/Ricky etc. I love it when a fan like you, who knows what they''re talking about rips into the club and makes sense. You''re a smart guy Shaun, we''d love your opinion on here more!