Sign in to follow this  
Buster Douglas

McNally

OK, have read all the sensible and not so sensible posts tonight and have a question.

McNally, stay or go?

Yes or no, simple answer.

Guess this post will last until late morning but will be interesting till then!

He should of fallen on his sword last summer, that would of been the time to change CEO, it always gets a bit messy mid flight, but personally I think he has served his purpose and time to freshen things up with a new CEO.

Stay if he can get himself motivated again. A club of our size can only ever achieve mid table mediocrity at the top level and as he''s achieved that I think he''s too comfortable, too well paid and has no intention of taking any risks or showing any of the attributes that made us love him in the first place.

If he can regain his drive and confidence then by all means please stay, If he''s going to carry on going through the motions and being complacent, having achieved our clubs objective of wiping the debt when he first arrived then he can go. It''s as simple as that for me.

Don''t get me wrong, he''s been absolutely brilliant for us, him and Bowkett have saved us from Admin and League 1 consolidation with their business acumen, ambition and determination to get a winner like Lambert in. They just need a kick up the arse to get us going again!

Stay.

People seem to forget how close we were to going into administration and for that alone he has to get some respect.

A CEO is just the mouthpiece for what the "owner" wants or says, the bigger question is how long he''ll put up with having his hands tied and then let''s see what we end up with.

Let''s be careful what we ask for......

The current problem will either rectify itself ie results pick up, we scrape in to the playoffs and then see how we perform or we hope that there is some sort of get out clause in the managers contract meaning he can be fired if certain targets aren''t achieved.

One thing is for certain, nothing will happen for the foreseeable future!

Go - he was the one left to find our managers and run the club so buck stops with him.

His say on everything is final and the board rubber stamp it.

just love when things go right its him but if it goes wrong its Delia.

The truth is the buck stops with McNally, he said Adams was the man the board said ok.

He is either the problem or alternatively him losing the ability to influence the owners/directors into making competent managerial appointments is the problem. Personally I cannot decide which of these is the case. In either case he needs to shape up and regain his edge or he is part of the problem.

The Adams appointment and Hughton saga are both so un-Mcnally like that i sway towards the latter scenario but then i recall someone telling me a while ago that they had spoken to an ex player who had worked with DM who says he is incredibly determined and driven but likes to control everything and some people can''t deal with that. When one considers that comment and the new "football board" we have in place which he heads up one wonders if a control freak might prefer to have a soft, inexperienced manager who does not rock the boat too much and who does not kick up too much of a fuss if decisions are made over his head.

Out. Sick of hearing "it''s the directors not him" If that''s the case he is not worth the wages and bonus money just to be an office manager

Gipsy Lane is spot on. If McNally is just carrying out the man shareholders wishes then why pay him all that money. I''d do it for my usual bog cleaners rate!

The truth is mMcNally probably has a bit too much power. He has earned the right to that in the past but he will be judged on the present.

It all started to go wrong, when he wouldnt let programme and Golden goal sellers have a ticket for the match !!!! In all seriousness, we all gather, there is something not quite right with our board and someone needs to grow a set, before things get worse !!!