Sign in to follow this  
 Green and Yellow

If and when

He''ll only go when we''re right off the play offs, the board won''t try to act before that happens, that''s just their nature.

He should go this week and be replaced by Rosler, but he won''t it will be after it gets really ugly, he''s tarnished his reputation after we''d be lucky to make the play offs

Bravery, foresight and pro activity are traits those in charge seriously lack at our club. My guess is after either the Blackpool or Wolves game, not winning one of those two at home will see that crowd turn, again and it will be very ugly

We''re competing with Brentford, Wolves and Blackburn plus the inevitable other team that makes a late run. I suspect that it''ll be tight around the playoff spots and if we slip more than five or six points behind then a bad home loss will mean Adams goes. He''s a dead man walking.

I think Bournmouth are going to tear us a new one this wkend so I am going to predict he will be gone next Sunday after a 4 or 5 goal hammering. Im hopefully wrong and we see a derby type display though.

In October 2016, after we squander a two goal lead at home to Port Vale to drop to ninth in League Two. Cody Macdonald is then sold to Burton Albion and ends up with 32 goals. We appoint Danny Murphy as player/manager and play a forward line of Murphy, Murphy, Murphy which confuses nobody.

Im not sure if its braver to to stand beside your appointment or to cave in under the pressure and sack him. Which would be easier?

I suspect the board will persevere with Adams, much like they did with Hughton, until it''s too late when even the playoffs let alone the auto spots are missed. It will be interesting whether ''promotion at the earliest opportunity and that means this season'' will remain part of the ''strategic wheel'' described at the AGM or, alternatively, a new narrative advocating consolidation in the Championship will be articulated.

There are three factors which suggests to me the Board will act sooner than they did before:

1. Phelan looks like a ready made and credible stand in, if not permanently then certainly as a caretaker;

2. The Board received huge stick for delaying the Hughton decision and have since admitted they got it wrong; and

3. The parachute money means that if something doesn''t appear to be working they''ll need to find a quick fix to at least get promotion and worry about long-term sustainability once back in the Prem.

However three good recent results in the League indicate to me that we are nowhere near the stage where it is inevitable he will leave. It''ll probably be a watching brief, and a dramatic fall away may mean it happens, but if we tootle around the top 6/7 I just can''t see a sacking, I feel that the Board''s standards are just not so high for that to be regarded as a failure.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Im not sure if its braver to to stand beside your appointment or to cave in under the pressure and sack him. Which would be easier?[/quote]Nothing brave at all about standing by a massive mistake hoping things will come right so you can say we were right all along .Every man , woman,dog ,cat and hamster could have told you appointing Adams was foolish and would end up like this.Thank God we will not have to suffer many more years of the Suffolk two before they stand down and go to watch their local side week in week out .

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Im not sure if its braver to to stand beside your appointment or to cave in under the pressure and sack him. Which would be easier?[/quote]

Inertia is always easiest.

Whichever choice is made will be the wrong one

I am hoping we will now come off those two poor performances and get back in to winning again. BUT, if that doesnt happen and we get tonked or lose narrowly with another poor performance this weekend,then I feel the board will act. Its suicide if they dont, really is.......