Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

What now? Who do we want?

Well the timing is never good but at least we have a transfer window now. The problem is, we''ve missed the boat on some good names. Lennon is at Bolton, Malky at Wigan and Pulis at WBA to name a few.

What is left?

We have Phelan in charge now who is a shout. Highly credible CV other than the big blotch that he''s never been an actual manager. Given what we''ve just come out of, this would be a massive gamble.

I feel like we need a real tough guy, but one who is respected. A bit like Lambert was. I''d loathe to see Warnock given the reins but there is far worse out there.

Sherwood achieved well as a player, and had a good record at Spurs, but i''m not sure he''s got the experience either. Past that there''s names from the reasonable but recently tainted Nigel Adkins floating about to the downright ridiculous Patrick Kluivert!

Funnily enough, the latter is the sort of legendary name that might just work, maybe not him, but a respected player like Karanka or Koeman looking for their next step in management. Someone like Oscar Garcia may be ready to take the reins after his struggles, or Remi Garde if he fails with his Newcastle application.

There''s always a return to Lambert if he feels he''s being hounded out of Villa but that''s unlikely.

The final area is down the leagues. Karl Robinson is often mentioned but how much has he really achieved on a relatively strong league one budget at MK Dons? Saying that, Lambert came from similar humble experience.

What we know we really need is someone to grab these players by the scruff of the neck, tell them they are the best about if they stopped being so lazy and negative but someone who has the track record to command respect.

Any ideas who should take the mantle now guys?

My vote would go to Tim Sherwood.

The sort of character we need who is not afraid to upset the apple cart and tell the players how it really is.

I dislike Warnock, but think he also along the lines of the type of person we need.

Hughton & Adams were both nice blokes, but that is not what we need right now.

We may be guessing at the new manager, but it might be a done deal, with Phelan, and thats why he come here.So is it a case of who do you want as the number 2 !!!!!!

I can see the board thinking of what worked before when we got Lambert after he beat us with Colchester. On that basis don''t be surprised if Simon Grayson is offered the job.

[quote user="ROBFLECK"]Go with Phelan, a man with experience! I would take sherwood as his number two (if he wants)[/quote]

No experience at all as a manager it''s just more of the same i

Get a proper manager who''s done his time not somebody given they''re first job in the championship

Just no to phelan