Sign in to follow this  
iron_stan

what would you prefer ?

i think its phelans job tbh, im fairly happy with thatbutshould they give the job to phelan and let him spend on some new blood, or spend a massive chunk of our transfer funds on a new manager and then be unable to buy (or not buy much....) ?

[quote user="mrs miggins"]why would we be suddenly spending loads on a new manager?[/quote]
Whose your choice Mrs Miggins?

[quote user="Ginja"][quote user="mrs miggins"]why would we be suddenly spending loads on a new manager?[/quote]
[/quote]
Who''s*

[quote user="Ginja"][quote user="mrs miggins"]why would we be suddenly spending loads on a new manager?[/quote]
[/quote]
Scratch the question, just noticed the other thread where you state Warnock... lol

believe it or not it''s one of my most hated managers of all time, Neil Warnock. He''s on my hate list with Mccarthy, Villas Boas, Aidy Bothroyd, Glen Roeder and Pulis. But I''d take half of them because they could get us up. Seeing as though Warnock hasn''t got a job atm, he''s the best candidate imo. Once he''d get us in the prem though we''d have to cut him off.

Cannot see Phelan being any improvement on Adams , we need somebody with some life in them and a burning desire to achieve , Phelan looks like a man in semi retirement .

Ginja wrote the following post at 05/01/2015 4:25 PM:Scratch the question, just noticed the other thread where you state Warnock... lol

--------------

whatcha talking about? Warnocks a great shout. A little old hat, but he''s solid in this league, at least we''d know he''d get us up and that''s what important.

Warnock would be a great second choice after Lennon. Both of these individuals have the character to knock some heads together both in the changing room and at the board.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]believe it or not it''s one of my most hated managers of all time, Neil Warnock. He''s on my hate list with Mccarthy, Villas Boas, Aidy Bothroyd, Glen Roeder and Pulis. But I''d take half of them because they could get us up. Seeing as though Warnock hasn''t got a job atm, he''s the best candidate imo. Once he''d get us in the prem though we''d have to cut him off.[/quote]
I''m inclined to agree actually, but we''d  have to immediately sack him when he gets us promoted [;)]
I think it''s Phelan job to lose, it''s unlikely we''ll make the top 2 even if we appoint someone tomorrow, too much of a gap now.
The board will wait and see.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]Ginja wrote the following post at 05/01/2015 4:25 PM:Scratch the question, just noticed the other thread where you state Warnock... lol

--------------

whatcha talking about? Warnocks a great shout. A little old hat, but he''s solid in this league, at least we''d know he''d get us up and that''s what important.[/quote]
I was lol''ing at me being blind, I agree Warnock could do it for us at this level, but I don''t think he should get long in the PL.

I would be absolutely amazed if Phelan did not have some very useful contacts after his days at Man Utd for possible on field and off field assistance.

Much depends on whether he is brave enough and strong enough to take the job.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]would you go with Phelan Ginja?[/quote]
Yeh, I say roll with it and see what happens, whoever comes in will have to work a miracle to get top 2 anyway. 
I don''t think any of the suggestions are capable of that and it may just be best to wait for next season to start again.