Sign in to follow this  
pete

Don't kid yourselves

New manager already in place although known as caretaker presently. Phelan will stay in place until end of season if team continues to struggle may get new face for 2015/6. Cheapest option yet again by the Board did you expect anything less. But so saying not sure there any candidates out there to replace Adams.

Adams will be back in the summer to take over U21''s or U18''s neither who have impressed this season likely will lose status in top U21 league unless results improve. Someone will lose job in youth set up.

So if i whack a tenner on Phelan, when do I get my money? Technically he has already won the bet as he''s in charge versus Bournemouth.

[quote user="pete"]New manager already in place although known as caretaker presently. Phelan will stay in place until end of season if team continues to struggle may get new face for 2015/6. Cheapest option yet again by the Board did you expect anything less. But so saying not sure there any candidates out there to replace Adams.

Adams will be back in the summer to take over U21''s or U18''s neither who have impressed this season likely will lose status in top U21 league unless results improve. Someone will lose job in youth set up.[/quote]Seems logical to me.[Y]

I''m pretty sure that a man with the track record as a coach that Phelan has was "cheap" to bring in and would not be "cheap" to promote to manager.

[quote user="ref89"]I''m pretty sure that a man with the track record as a coach that Phelan has was "cheap" to bring in and would not be "cheap" to promote to manager.[/quote]

I don''t see the logic of confirming Phelan as manager. He must share responsibility with Adams for the performances against Reading and PNE. If the players were not motivated or organised under Adams/Phelan/Holt why would it be any different under Phelan/Holt ?

Well Canary Island, CEO wants Lennon, owners want Adams. Who do you think wins that argument?

There then follows a ''cabinet solidarity'' media mockery!

[quote user="mrs miggins"]The fans and local media must fight this at every opportunity, we deserve better, we deserve a manager[/quote]You don''t deserve anything and you will get whoever those with the power decide is the best option. It might be someone you rate, it might not. They might be successful, they might not and that''s about all you can hope for.

At the end of the day it''ll be Delia and Michael who have the final say on the next manager. McNally might actually search round Europe this time and find someone experienced with a track record of success, then see the owners give the job to Phelan.

ricardo wrote the following post at 05/01/2015 5:26 PM:You don''t deserve anything and you will get whoever those with the power decide is the best option.

--------------------------

haha, try telling that to a Portsmouth fan, or Luton fan. Yes we do as fans deserve a manager, even if you don''t think so. I hope the board appoint a manager, preferably soon, however it''s not up to me or you. Glad they took action, we can''t all wait to change rookie managers at the end of the season.