Sign in to follow this  
Wimbledoncanary

Call Bassong back

For no reason other then to hurt Watford :) Every goal he helps stop watford concede is a hammer to us. Let him rot in reserves now he''s made is point , play him in our first team or sell him to a non championship but for god sake lets not help out our promotion rivals anymore.

[quote user="Wimbledoncanary"]For no reason other then to hurt Watford :) Every goal he helps stop watford concede is a hammer to us. Let him rot in reserves now he''s made is point , play him in our first team or sell him to a non championship but for god sake lets not help out our promotion rivals anymore.[/quote]Actually a reasonably point you make. Unless we are using the fact of not paying his wages to get someone else in, in January. Obviously not another centre back.

Very very strange. Still baffles me. Supposedly Watford were only ones who came in for him and we wanted him off the wage bill which i kinda understand BUT how much did we pay Southmapton for Hooiveld''s loan fee plus what money is he on, same with Miquel how much did we pay for him and what wages is he on and these to seem to be fortunate to get on the bench at the moment.

He will never play for Norwich while Adams is in charge

He said as much in an interview with a local Watford paper

Seeing how things have gone this season - beginning to understand what he was unhappy about

Bassong clearly a very wise young man who like most supporters knew a radio presenter was not going to get a football club promoted from the Championship . If only we could have Bassong back and let Watford have Adams , now that would mess their promotion bid up .

It''s a shame he said what he did when Adams became manager because at his best he''s comfortably the best CB we have, or at least on par with Turner (who is unlucky to be out of the team at the moment in my opinion).
It''s also a shame that between them they couldn''t see past that and somehow get him in the team.

Bassong is/was paid a lot of money to play football for NCFC and not to question who the manager is. Who gives a f*ck what his opinion of the manager is? He''s gone and good riddance as his kind of attitude is not what is needed.

Rooney and Ferguson fell out, won the premiership together next season.

Adams has acted like a spoilt brat by not picking Bassong but I guess he had already told Martin he will play every week regardless of form

[quote user="morty"]He hasn''t told Martin that though, has he?

You are just making stuff up. Again.[/quote]

I see you are w****** on your post count again.

When was he dropped this season, remind me

It''s not just Martin though. Olsson appears "undroppable" too. Not saying either are playing particularly badly at the moment but they have had poor spells and they have been part of some awful displays - but they will always be in the team for the next game.

If Turner can be dropped then I don''t see why they can''t be too. Because Turner has carried that defence more than anyone else has.

We''re too far past it now but I always thought it was worth noting that Olsson wasn''t here for the 10 game unbeaten run and Martin wasn''t a regular feature of it either. So if we''ve been tight without them before why can''t we be again?

"Bassong clearly a very wise young man"

... whose main issue with Adams was that he had replaced his mate Chris Hughton. Are you saying you want him back?

[quote user="Nuff Said"]"Bassong clearly a very wise young man"

... whose main issue with Adams was that he had replaced his mate Chris Hughton. Are you saying you want him back?[/quote]I would bite your hand off for Hughton back (walked this League with Newcastle) instead of the utter clown we have in charge now , who is not a manager and never will be .

Adams should act like a manager and not a muppet. He should man up and sort out the problems (erm isn''t that what managers are supposed to do, manage the people/team), not have a hissy fit and get rid of your best players.Shows how immature he is as a manager. Surely with Phelan here these problems should/ought to be sorted. What happens if Jerome, Hooper, Ruddy etc etc act in the same way, do we ship them out, and more incredibly to championship rivals?

Anyone actually watch Bassong play against Wolves last week. Looked the same slow disinterested, lacking concentration centre back he did last season. Funny that because he seems to dislike/disrespect Adams he.''s the answer to our prayers.

Sorry I wanted him out of the side last year & I''m delighted he''s gone

[quote user="Samwam27"]Adams should act like a manager and not a muppet. He should man up and sort out the problems (erm isn''t that what managers are supposed to do, manage the people/team), not have a hissy fit and get rid of your best players.Shows how immature he is as a manager. Surely with Phelan here these problems should/ought to be sorted. What happens if Jerome, Hooper, Ruddy etc etc act in the same way, do we ship them out, and more incredibly to championship rivals?[/quote]Maybe Bassong needs to apologise to Neil for acting the tw@ before anything can move on.And as to being immature,I am sure Sir Alex wasn''t called immature when he fell out with and moved on a few very good players.Although I do agree he shouldn''t be at Watford.

None of us knows what happened when Adams took over.  It could be that after Hughton went Adams was taken in to the meeting room and introduced as the caretaker manager and there may well have been some genuinely baffled people as to who Adams was.

When Clough took over at Leeds he went in and said something like "right you lot, you can forget what you''ve been doing for the last n years, we''re doing things my way now", immediately getting the players'' backs up. It could be that Adams went in and wasn''t sensitive enough to players'' situations and allegiances and said in effect, "Right, we''ve had enough of this cautious Hughton stuff, we''re going to do things differently now" or words to that effect.   I''m not excusing Bassong, nor accusing Adams, just pointing out that this first encounter would have been an awkward one for everybody - a situation that maybe wasn''t handled the best by Adams or Bassong - but the effect of it was to lose possibly our best central defender.  

As I said, none of us really knows the situation that day, but it would be pointless Bassong coming back now. Too much water under the bridge.

Bar a couple of games the football hasn''t improved since Hughton left. And that''s saying something.

If Adams was in charge last year we would have spent the whole season rock bottom.

This year we were promised "the same mistakes" weren''t to be made in the transfer window.

Hughton gave us Snodgrass, Fer, Olsson, Redmond, Tettey and Hooper, 6 players who either we did or couldve made a profit on in the summer. He also gave us Bassong, Turner and Whittaker. Bassong, a guy who rightfully won our player of the season award. Turner, who many fans consider as our "best defender". Whittaker, who 3 years on is still a key member of our first team squad. We even managed to get a substantial loan fee for RVW, and could yet still make a profit on him.

Lafferty, Grabban, Ofoe, Jerome, Miguel, Cuellar, Mcgrandles, Thompson, Cuellar and Oneil have been bought in for 10 million plus, how much are these guys currently worth?

In this division I would happily have Chrissy H.

How long is Bassong''s loan at Watford (half or full season)? I''m not against selling him and getting his fee back or making a profit. One assumes Watford are paying his wages, which NCFC see aqs a positive , rather than "letting him rot in the reserves, but still paying his wages.Just seems odd to let him go to one of the pre-season favourites. But this is a business, so it''s likely more about money than anything else. As the previous poster has said, Adam''s has invested a good sum in additions, but how many have proved any real worth yet apart from Jerome>One hopes Phelan has his contacts and will influence any signings in the Jan window, with the likes of Bassong, Becchio etc surplus to requirements

As others have already said, if you have watched Bassong in any matches this season, he has been bang average, and disinterested on occasion.Yes, technically he is aiding a rival, but Bassong really isn''t the only reason they are above us.

Imagine this,

You are a premiership player for NCFC, your board appoints a guy who is inexperienced but has won the FA youth Cup with the U18’s and was a decent player previously. You obviously know who this guy is and respect him for what he has achieved with the youth team. He is then introduced to you officially as your manager. Your so called Captain speaks on your behalf and dismisses him immediately and publicly. How do you feel about this, personally I would feel my Captain’s remarks undermined the board, the club, the management, the team, the fans and you as an individual (the new manager himself at this moment has done nothing wrong).

The newly appointed manager takes a stance, quite rightly in my opinion and relegates the Captain to the bench (or the naughty step if you like). Your Captain then refuses to take his pace on the bench.

What choice did the manager and for that matter the board have, how could they allow this individual to poison the club, they couldn’t, they had to find a way out, which could of included an apology, which wasn’t forthcoming.

Guys, think about how the other players think about this, would they want this divisive character back, I very much doubt it.

Well now Adams has gone , maybe we should? Cant be any worse then what we have got right now. Basing // Turner // Bennet . Marts where he should be and Garrido // Ollson competing left back. Send that Miquel on loan to barnet or dover , just don''t let him play again on the left side of defense.

We need to take the emotions out of this one and get him back on board. At the end of the day, he''s our best centre back and one we badly need. Perhaps he''ll warm to the new guy and we''ll see the Bassong that made himself a legend in his first year with us.

Jimmy,

It is impossible to take the emotions out of it, as human beings we live our entire lives on emotions, however it is of course possible to adopt some new emotions (values and beliefs) which lead to a changing ouitcome. Although I believe there may still be an issue between our CEO and the player and possibly between some of ouir players and the player, which would require them all to adopt a new set of values and beliefs, possible, yes, probable, no, but let''s watch this space.

We we are getting a new manager now, so the slate should be clean with all the players, bad or good. It is up to the new man to form opinions on his squad. If it turns out he thinks Turner would be a good keeper etc then so be it. We need to trust that we will appoint the right guy who will have the right experience to move us on and get us back to winning ways. Luckily all is not lost this season be we can''t afford any more slip ups for a while until we''re back near that top 2.