Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Saddened, angry and a little disgusted.

Saddened that another stalwart of our club has been tainted by wrongly being appointed manager. Angry that Adams was put there in the first place five games from the end of last season and nothing done when it was plain it wasn''t working two months ago. Disgusted with the players for not making the effort. That''s two managers gone in a year - and the players are just as much to blame as the managers.  Imo. 

Solution: A shake up of the club from top to bottom.    If  the Gunn and Adams appointments were mainly at the instigation of DS/MJW, they have to ask themselves serious questions.  If Adams'' appointment was down to McNally - he has serious questions to ask himself.  The management team that is left have to ask themselves if they are up to the job - Phelan hasn''t done it before, afterall.    Some of the players don''t look fit to wear the shirt at the moment, but we are in a good financial position - let some of them that don''t look up for it and get one or two hungry players in.  

Maybe we should just forget promotion this season and just concentrate on basics - like getting a team together.

We all are. Some of us were getting very angry that this sad situation was allowed to drag on as long as it has. I disagree with his reputation being tainted though, he took a job we all would have and has resigned without (I assume) getting a big pay off for failing.

The players have let two managers down now, but we can''t replace them all, we have to start with the manager though and we have made that first step in shaking everything up.

Hopefully the likes of Hooper, Ollson, Tetty, Turner and our other overpaid, disinterested mercenaries get moved on soon as well and under someone competent we start building a team!

On this occasion ,, I do think you have written some sense here .

However , I dontbthink that we will be seeing any radical shake up , any more than an appointment which gets the majority of fans excited .

Be prepared for some more disappointment LDC !

Darth Catbeard wrote the following post at 05/01/2015 3:53 PM:Hopefully the likes of Hooper, Ollson, Tetty, Turner and our other overpaid, disinterested mercenaries get moved on soon as well and under someone competent we start building a team!

-----------------

That would be the worst thing we could do. My fear is that thats what it will come to if we don''t go up this season.

Good players who haven''t got the desire or work rate to succeed in this league. They''re just not what we need to get back up. Some may take exception to me including Turner but even though he gets physical he has switched off far too many times this year, that shows a lack of concentration, like Bassong had and is symptomatic of a player who''s heart isn''t really in it.

There are a few others as well amongst Adams'' signings but they need more time and to be played regular;y before I''ll write them off. That cluster of players haven''t gotten us anywhere

I''m with Darth, ultimately the players have to take some responsibility and to many of them just haven''t performed.

If they don''t want to be here then get rid of them and get some in that want to be here, doesn''t matter who they are or indeed shouldn''t matter.

Players lacking in desire or interest is a bigger problem for a club, the manager whoever he ends up being will struggle if he can''t get the players motivated to play so the only option is to get rid.

Should be the first question they ask the players and the sooner the manager is appointed the better to give them the time in the window to sort it.

Always sad when someone fails but EVENTS change the narrative. Seems like the no show at Preston was the bridge too far.Best of luck to the next one in the hot seat although he too will eventually run out of road. Lets hope for a few high spots before that happens though.

Rich T The Biscuit wrote the following post at 05/01/2015 4:01 PM:I''m with Darth, ultimately the players have to take some responsibility and to many of them just haven''t performed.

------------------------

Watch is rise up the league in the next few month....unless of course we hire a youth coach again

[quote user="Darth Catbeard"]Good players who haven''t got the desire or work rate to succeed in this league. They''re just not what we need to get back up. Some may take exception to me including Turner but even though he gets physical he has switched off far too many times this year, that shows a lack of concentration, like Bassong had and is symptomatic of a player who''s heart isn''t really in it.

There are a few others as well amongst Adams'' signings but they need more time and to be played regular;y before I''ll write them off. That cluster of players haven''t gotten us anywhere[/quote]I believe that''s what I said all along in the summer and was promptly told to eff off with the "100 goals, 100 points" mantra.No-one denies you''ve got good players but within that squad there''s an underlying sense of hubris and arrogance - they''ve been in the promised land for 3 seasons... it happens. But you need to start from top to bottom if you''re going to seriously challenge for promotion again.

I hope you''re right! Maybe they''re all unfit due to a poor training regime, maybe they''re sick of playing for people they don''t believe in, or who they think haven''t got a clue. Maybe all the need is someone with some presence and the right ideas to get them going and they can show us their potential. That would be nice! But it would go to show that Hughton and Adams were so wrong for us!

I suspect we''ve had two major issues this year, we''ve acted on one, it would be great if it was just the manager but I suspect we''re going to have to ''trade'' a bit to really get us going.

Jenkins wrote the following post at 05/01/2015 4:06 PM:

Exciting times ahead then Mrs. I hope your predictions are fulfilled and that we now get somebody who can get us top 2

------------------------------------

yep, if we get a manager in I think we can finish up as high as 2nd an as low as 5th. If we win at Bournemouth we could even get top spot. My hope is Warnock, never thought I''d say that, hate the man. Although it''s early days, do you have any preferences J?

Darth Catbeard is correct. I would agree that the players he mentioned were not giving 100% and recently I would also add Redmond. There is something seriously wrong when the likes of Hooper and Grabban show little emotion when they score. I do believe there are agents in the background who are stirring things up with an eye to the transfer window and earning themselves big bucks. Yes I feel sorry for Adams, a genuine guy, but the players have badly let him down.

Big problem now, are there really any good managers about ???

mrs miggins wrote the following post at 05/01/2015 4:17 PM:

Jenkins wrote the following post at 05/01/2015 4:06 PM:

Exciting times ahead then Mrs. I hope your predictions are fulfilled and that we now get somebody who can get us top 2

------------------------------------

yep, if we get a manager in I think we can finish up as high as 2nd an as low as 5th. If we win at Bournemouth we could even get top spot. My hope is Warnock, never thought I''d say that, hate the man. Although it''s early days, do you have any preferences J?

Out of those that seem to be obviously available Colin has to be the one who has the track record to get us up, and probably the personality( unfortunate as it is) to sort out the underperforming players.

I don''t think we will go for him but he, reluctantly, would be my choice.

The players did for Adams, exactly as they engineered the departure of Hamilton, Grant, Gunn & Hoots.As that is what the majority of us wanted you could say thanks - and now pull your finger out!

[quote user="Orford65"]The players did for Adams, exactly as they engineered the departure of Hamilton, Grant, Gunn & Hoots.As that is what the majority of us wanted you could say thanks - and now pull your finger out![/quote]I had that feeling after saturday''s game. It was a strong team but the effort was so low.

Also very sad for Neil, who could blame him for taking the job and giving it his best shot. The right decision to resign for the good of the club and wouldn''t have expected any less from him. Hope he can swallow his pride and stay at the club in some capacity.

Also think the players need to take a hard good look at themselves after their performance at Preston, they let him down, they let us down and let themselves down.

cityangel said

Also think the players need to take a hard good look at themselves after their performance at Preston, they let him down, they let us down and let themselves down.

Absolutely. Adams is a good man who with the right support could have developed into a good manager imo. We are in danger of becoming a typical p155 and panic club.

Let''s make sure that we carefully consider the replacement if we want to do more than please the mob.

Agree with your take city angel. I think Neil has taken on a job as a fan and as a talented youth manager. Who wouldn''t have done so given the offer by the board. The players have badly let him down. All being paid xxxx thousands each week. Not prepared to fight for the wage either. If ever a manager has had to fall on his sword because of the players performance........ But then he shouldn''t have been offered the job in the first place. Feel sorry for him. No time to develop as a manager in a year when expectations from fans are at their highest.. On the whole probably the right decision to resign. Shows how honourable he is. Wanted more but 7th in early January is hardly appalling is it.