Sign in to follow this  
Tim Dawson

Adams gone

Good on him. He can now sit with Peter Grant in the "decent guy, wrong time" category. Maybe we can tempt Fergie out of retirement :-D (or Giggs as player manager!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Fu8YIG8uyQ

Thankgod he stepped down, although I wish it was a hell of a lot earlier, I commend him for doing it.

SSN says Phelan will take charge until new manager is confirmed. Also say Adams is taking some time out of the game but will return to Norwich in some sort of role.

I thought this was a wind up, but it seems true. Genuinely sad that it hasn''t worked out for him. In other circumstances maybe he could have made it, but the squad has clearly underperformed and Steve Claridge''s comments on Saturday cannot have helped. I hope he stays on in some capacity though, I think he is a good solid guy.

"The Club would like to thank Neil for his hard work and dedication during his time as manager and over many years as a player and coach. Everybody at Norwich City looks forward to working with him again when he returns in the summer. "

“It goes without saying that I sincerely

hope the team achieves success this season and I would like to say a

huge thank you to the supporters who have backed me
during my tenure as

manager.”

Both of them [:(]

[quote user="Tumbleweed"]I thought this was a wind up, but it seems true. Genuinely sad that it hasn''t worked out for him. In other circumstances maybe he could have made it, but the squad has clearly underperformed and Steve Claridge''s comments on Saturday cannot have helped. I hope he stays on in some capacity though, I think he is a good solid guy.[/quote]

Agree with that. I''m sorry for him personally that it hasn''t worked out but definitely the right decision. Hopefully it hasn''t come too late.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]SSN says Phelan will take charge until new manager is confirmed. Also say Adams is taking some time out of the game but will return to Norwich in some sort of role.[/quote]That may mean Phelan is in the running but I hope for an experienced manager, and Rosler has always been my choice, once he became available.

Every respect to him for resigning, so many have tried to step up and not succeeded so it''s nothing to be ashamed about and the fact that he''s made the choice and that the club has said there will be a role for him then everything seems to have worked out for the best!!

He''s clearly a good guy and clearly knew how to coach, albeit the kids so let''s hope they get him back in doing what he was clearly best at. With hindsight maybe he''d have been a better number 2 than a number 1.

Shame, but I suppose if you''re going to take a punt, might be worth a go with Bournemouth coming up, where if we now don''t win - I don''t think it''ll be seen as badly as if he were still in charge as transition is taking place.
I hope to see him working somewhere within the club soon. He gave it a good go, and has been honest and decent enough to make the decision for the board (although i''m sure, there will have been conversations with the board beforehand so resignations should be taken with a pinch of salt.)

Well done to Adams, I''ve heavily criticised his performance, but never questioned his passion for the club or effort. He''s made the right choice, made a difficult choice and have saved a lot of our boards blushes.

Good man! You''ve done what our board couldn''t, given us a chance to recover.

[quote user="Rich T The Biscuit"]Every respect to him for resigning, so many have tried to step up and not succeeded so it''s nothing to be ashamed about and the fact that he''s made the choice and that the club has said there will be a role for him then everything seems to have worked out for the best!!

He''s clearly a good guy and clearly knew how to coach, albeit the kids so let''s hope they get him back in doing what he was clearly best at. With hindsight maybe he''d have been a better number 2 than a number 1.[/quote]I think the issue was that it was the results that were a number 2.

never the man for the job but done the admirable thing. good luck and best wishes Neil!

NO to Phelan... we need to get the next one right!

I expect to see Tim Sherwood take over now.

How would fans react to that? Less experience than Neil but did well at Spurs

[quote user="Nuff Said"]
“It goes without saying that I sincerely

hope the team achieves success this season and I would like to say a

huge thank you to the supporters who have backed me
during my tenure as

manager.”

Both of them [:(]
[/quote]

We have backed him at matches, every time except for the end of the Reading game. Everytime anything started to go our way a bit we started chanting his name again, I''m sure he''s smart enough to know us keeping it out of the stadium and voicing our displeasure other ways was the dignified way to protest