Sign in to follow this  
Mello Yello

Renewal Time, First Deadline Approaches.

How will the club/board dangle the carrot to encourage us to renew our season tickets?

Will they raise the prices?......

theres nothing else in the area, people will lap them up, and delia will cackle maniacally once again as she tells everyone she cant find a buyer.....

They won''t because we''re supporters and we support the team through thick and thin. However this doesn''t stop the fans wanting things done a better way, and nor should it.

After 10 yrs of being a season ticket holder It has come to the point where my head is winning over my heart!!. I love my team and always want them to win, but I feel that at the min the board are taking the piss out of us!!. I now ask myself can I give up my hard earned cash to allow these clowns to continue???.

At the recent AGM, did any of the NCFC board (ie the CEO) state or clarify, that the cost of a season ticket - would, or would not be, going up in price?.....Or, was the issue of season ticket pricing not discussed or avoided?.....

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

At the recent AGM, did any of the NCFC board (ie the CEO) state or clarify, that the cost of a season ticket - would, or would not be, going up in price?.....Or, was the issue of season ticket pricing not discussed or avoided?.....

[/quote]I don''t recall any discussion on this topic.

There was no discussion at the AGM. Demand for season tickets is relatively inelastic so will not reduce significantly notwithstanding the shambles on the pitch.

[quote user="Highland Canary"]There was no discussion at the AGM. Demand for season tickets is relatively inelastic so will not reduce significantly notwithstanding the shambles on the pitch.[/quote]

IMO this is due to the fact that there is no other professional sport available to watch in Norfolk. I''m not saying if there was, the crowds would significantly reduce, but I think a couple of thousand people would go elsewhere for their entertainment.

The only way, again IMO, the board would listen more to the fans is if attendances were affected and revenues are thus reduced. Until that happens the fans have little influence.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]I don''t recall any discussion on this topic.[/quote]So I asked David McNally in his latest Q&A very directly whether the price would be set at PL level, Championship level or in between and...he totally ducked the question! Which came as no surprise...

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]I don''t recall any discussion on this topic.[/quote]

But there was a question, and a following discussion, about the old "Radio Norfolk seats" above the tunnel...

A new manager will give us fresh optimism and get some renewing, not this time.

Arguably it is sharp practice to pressurise supporters to pay up so early. In effect we are paying over a year in advance to see a game scheduled for next April. The Club are currently not short of money so there is no great need for us to pay now. Its just all part of the "greedy football treadmill". Obviously McNally has us over a barrel because we might be in the Premiership next season - albeit to make up a fixture list for the big boys !!

Vos, I reckon we should have spent more time discussing season tickets instead of wasting it discussing Stephen Fry :)

Nutty. You must remember that with all his Twitter followers, Mr Fry is very important to the Club, despite the fact that he never turns out for Board Meetings etc !!!!!

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

If we haven''t had value for money over the last 5 or so seasons then we never will have!

[/quote]Agreed, nutty. Especially those optimistic few of us who paid five years in advance and saw three seasons of Premier League football for a pittance. But if you tell kids that today they won''t believe you...

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

If we haven''t had value for money over the last 5 or so seasons then we never will have!

[/quote]Agreed, nutty. Especially those optimistic few of us who paid five years in advance and saw three seasons of Premier League football for a pittance. But if you tell kids that today they won''t believe you...[/quote]and they say clairvoyance is a fraud.[;)]In your case I would call it a gift, Purple.Now, any hints on where we will finish in the league?

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]Agreed, nutty. Especially those optimistic few of us who paid five years in advance and saw three seasons of Premier League football for a pittance. But if you tell kids that today they won''t believe you...[/quote]and they say clairvoyance is a fraud.[;)]In your case I would call it a gift, Purple.Now, any hints on where we will finish in the league?[/quote]Ricardo, I think what you are saying is that I have turned a gift into a fraud! As to where we might finish (and with who at the helm!) I am afraid it would cost you more than all those accumulated share bonuses you (and I) are supposed to have received to elicit a prediction...[;)]

How will the club/board dangle the carrot to encourage us to renew our season tickets?

Will they raise the prices?......

Well, after today''s events - is it now going to be a big juicy carrot?........Or, another thinly cut carrot baton that will encourage folk to renew?

And if it''s a big carrot that is going to be dangled......Will they put up the season ticket prices to pay the compo for the removal of the previous thinly cut carrot baton manager, then the subsequent replacement''s previous employer compo - including the salary of the incoming big juicy carrot (or, another thinly cut carrot baton)?......''Yer see, yer don''t get owt fer nowt!''

It''ll probably be Mr Phelan, so they''ll just put up the prices anyway.....[8-|]