Sign in to follow this  
Branston Pickle

Phelan - Yes/No

Just reading some comments on here, I do wonder what planet some people inhabit - we all half expected Phelan to take over sooner rather than later and can hardly be seen as being a ''cheap'' option as some suggest. IMO, given he has served his apprenticeship in the most successful regime football has seen, he is well worth a go.

It''s a no from me......But who is really? Missed out on some good managers with experience in the past few weeks and I wouldn''t say there''s an outstanding candidate available given the selection unless were looking into Europe like we failed to do last time.

All this about being fergusons number 2, Ferguson was the genius in that set up. I remember René Meulensteen Was his assistant for 5 years and he hasn''t had the best managerial career. Phelan is his own man with his own tactics so he could well prove a big success.

Phelan was a top coach but so was/is Peter Grant but a disaster as a manager. I think Phelan in all probability will get the job and may well be a decent appointment, but once again the appointment of someone with no managerial experience is a considerable risk. That said a lot of the other credible options at the start of the season eg Howe, Malkey, Pulis have for various reasons become out of our reach now by either having new jobs or in the case Howe being in such a strong position for promotion with Bournmouth. I dont know his name but the Brentford manager isnt doing a bad job !!!!

I would be amazed if it isn''t Phelan. Goodness, posters on here were saying that Phelan was the manager in waiting when he arrived out of the blue. And every time we won, it was Phelan''s doing! Like Ricardo, we should expect to get used to it.

Anyway let''s at least see what happens at Bournemouth. After the debacle that was Preston, I would be absolutely amazed if we lost less than 3-0. Players were that bad. It wasn''t entirely the manager''s fault.

His appointment as assistant hasn''t worked so why would giving him the managers job be any different ?? Watching at Preston on Saturday Phelan spent quite a bit of time on the sidelines and talking to Adams and that turned out well didn''t it !! If he does get the job though he Will get my full support,has will whoever gets it.

No, hopefully the next manager if it''s not him will want him as assistant manager because I think he can contribute a lot to any coaching staff, but there are better managerial options out there for a managerial role.

No I don''t think he is the man for the job .

But I think it''s a pretty sure bet he has the job already , we have missed out on every suitable manager available to Ncfc over the last two years since getting spanked at Man City , I don''t expect anything to change now .

No. For me Rosler wouldn''t be a bad shout with Phelan as coach. I would also assume they know each other pretty well from the Manchester connections.

Ideally it would be Lennon. Just do a ''Colchester'' on them McNally, you know you want to

Why do some of you say he hasn''t worked out as Assistant? Only three games ago everyone was impressed at the impact he was apparently having, and we were on a decent run - two poor performances doesn''t suddenly erase anything that was good.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]Why do some of you say he hasn''t worked out as Assistant? Only three games ago everyone was impressed at the impact he was apparently having, and we were on a decent run - two poor performances doesn''t suddenly erase anything that was good.[/quote] Don''t think we would have had today''s outcome if things had worked !!

Yes, and that''s possibly been the agenda all along, he has been taking a look and feeding back to McNally, not impossible to imagine. Phelan with a good right hand man to compliment him would be way better than what we have had, and he is certainly no cheap option.

Other than that......Neil Warnock is available.......big bonus to get us up....might just work, he would certainly kick some butt, and I understand is friendly with our owners too.

No from me.....we need a manager who will unite fans and get most out of the players......Rosler night be that man.

Phelan not a shoo in for the job according to Mick Dennis who also says Board hope to have new man in before Saturdays game at Bournemouth .

A definite NO from me. It would only take a couple of no shows/defeats and he''d be the next whipping boy.The board have got out of jail with Adams resigning so the last thing we want is for them not to grasp the nettle, or the opportunity, this time around