Sign in to follow this  
Horse Renoir

Uwe Rosler

As some may have noticed I''m his biggest advocate to get the job. I''ve regained my respect for the board for acting before it turned ugly with Adams and I''m now confident enough to know those in charge will appoint Rosler!

Never any lower than a 40% win accuracy, has only ever struggled for half a season at a rugby club with no supporter base and he had his best players sold.

Very intelligent posters like Purple have advocated him, I''m desperate to get him because of his past record, gravitas, tactical philosophy and I''d bet my life he''d be a success!

Please appoint this man! No other available candidate comes close to his record! This would be a huge sign of ambition and would, even if it doesn''t matter, absolutely terrify our promotion rivals!

"I''ve regained my respect for the board for acting before it turned ugly with Adams"What did the Board do to regain your respect? Open Adams'' letter of resignation ?

I was convinced (based on past experiences) They''d drag this out until we''d be cut adrift abd our supporters would really turn on Adams.

I was wrong, they recognised his weakness''s, saw that he couldn''t fix the issues this squad has, which I honestly thought they''d ignore. If they were intelligent enough to force Adams'' hand before his position became untenable I''d hope they''d be smart enough to appoint Rosler!.

I''m so excited at the moment at the prospect of getting him in. I look forward to bumping this thread after he gets us promoted!

The current Brentford manager (Mark Warburton) has a better record than Rosler. He failed to get Wigan promoted so has no appeal

I just don''t get this love in for Uwe Rosler at all, if he couldn''t move Wigan forward I don''t really see why he''s the outstanding candidate for us - I hope the board surprise us by actually scouring Europe for real this time though I have a funny feeling it''s going to be Colin fricking Wanka. Nevertheless, whoever gets it, he has to be given full backing by the supporters otherwise quite frankly it really won''t matter who it is.

He made Brentford the club they are now. Complete rebuild.

He turned Wigan from mid league nobodies to the play offs but then watched the remaining players get sold off, helplessly. He isn''t a failure and is well worth considering.

Rosler looked very tactically astute last season particularly in Wigan''s cup run.Wouldn''t be my first choice by a long way and this season at Wigan might not be the best advert...but there are a lot worse choices.

Rosler is a strong manager prepared to demand total committment - as shown by the way he fell out with Holty - the

strong line "you need to live in Wigan" approach may be the strength of

will that we need. The other aspect of Rosler is his technical approach.  He will be a bit more like Hughton in that respect, we will be more rigid in approach, play to a system every match - but the key thing for me is that he has that strength that Hughton appeared not to have - the strength to not care what anyone thinks and pursue his own methods completely. A single minded manager with a proven successful formula.  He won''t stand for any nonsense and could be just what we need.  Could do a lot worse.

[quote user="lake district canary"]Rosler is a strong manager prepared to demand total committment - as shown by the way he fell out with Holty - the

will that we need. The other aspect of Rosler is his technical approach.  He will be a bit more like Hughton in that respect, we will be more rigid in approach, play to a system every match - but the key thing for me is that he has that strength that Hughton appeared not to have - the strength to not care what anyone thinks and pursue his own methods completely. A single minded manager with a proven successful formula.  He won''t stand for any nonsense and could be just what we need.  Could do a lot worse.

[/quote]
He''s nothing like Hughton which is partially why I want him.

lake district canary wrote the following post at 06/01/2015 8:55 AM:

Rosler is a strong manager prepared to demand total committment - as shown by the way he fell out with Holty - the strong line "you need to live in Wigan" approach may be the strength of will that we need. The other aspect of Rosler is his technical approach. He will be a bit more like Hughton in that respect, we will be more rigid in approach, play to a system every match - but the key thing for me is that he has that strength that Hughton appeared not to have - the strength to not care what anyone thinks and pursue his own methods completely. A single minded manager with a proven successful formula. He won''t stand for any nonsense and could be just what we need. Could do a lot worse.

I confess to not knowing a great deal about him other than looking at his record. Phillip provided a bit more context on another thread.

He certainly seems to have all the technical attributes that we would need and an ability to develop a squad and younger players, again spot on.

The thing that concerns me from what I have read, dispite your ref above LDC, is whether he is the man that can deal with some of the big egos that are apparently at our club and get the players playing as well as they can.

Brentford is a small club and I know now has a terrific togetherness, they are not however the sort of players he will be dealing with here.

Falling out with Holty to me doesn''t necessarily indicate strong management and could be seen as a failure, but I don''t know the background to the that.

So I don''t know but my question is would he be able to deal with players of a higher level with an attitude!

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="lake district canary"]Rosler is a strong manager prepared to demand total committment - as shown by the way he fell out with Holty - the

will that we need. The other aspect of Rosler is his technical approach.  He will be a bit more like Hughton in that respect, we will be more rigid in approach, play to a system every match - but the key thing for me is that he has that strength that Hughton appeared not to have - the strength to not care what anyone thinks and pursue his own methods completely. A single minded manager with a proven successful formula.  He won''t stand for any nonsense and could be just what we need.  Could do a lot worse. [/quote]
[/quote]

You will find he is a technical manager, with a style of playing that will revolve around playing from the back, aimed to produce a technically proficient and balanced footballing team.  He will be more like Hughton in that respect. The differences with him from Hughton are that within that rigid style of playing, he is able to make changes within a match and he will use the squad well.  He is undoubtedly a stronger character than Hughton and fitness is a huge part of his methods.  Gary Holt could well be a good assistant for him in that way.

So his main attributes would be - His demands for fitness, his technical approach and ability to change things up. So -  a cross between Ron Saunders, Chris Hughton and Paul Lambert.   May just be what we need. [:D]

Would much rather go with Rosler than Tim Sherwood or Mike Phelan. He at least has managed clubs where both The other pair have less experience than Neil Adams. Virtually all managers have one failure on their Cvs. Look at the managers at the top of the Championship, McLaren, Howe, McCarthy have all had at least one failure. That shouldn''t be the defining point, the successes should.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="hogesar"][quote user="lake district canary"]Rosler is a strong manager prepared to demand total committment - as shown by the way he fell out with Holty - the

will that we need. The other aspect of Rosler is his technical approach.  He will be a bit more like Hughton in that respect, we will be more rigid in approach, play to a system every match - but the key thing for me is that he has that strength that Hughton appeared not to have - the strength to not care what anyone thinks and pursue his own methods completely. A single minded manager with a proven successful formula.  He won''t stand for any nonsense and could be just what we need.  Could do a lot worse. [/quote]
[/quote]

You will find he is a technical manager, with a style of playing that will revolve around playing from the back, aimed to produce a technically proficient and balanced footballing team.  He will be more like Hughton in that respect. The differences with him from Hughton are that within that rigid style of playing, he is able to make changes within a match and he will use the squad well.  He is undoubtedly a stronger character than Hughton and fitness is a huge part of his methods.  Gary Holt could well be a good assistant for him in that way.

So his main attributes would be - His demands for fitness, his technical approach and ability to change things up. So -  a cross between Ron Saunders, Chris Hughton and Paul Lambert.   May just be what we need. [:D][/quote]
Ok, i''ll take that [:D]

If we are seriously looking at a new manager  and not just assuming Phelan is going to get the job, Rosler could be a good fit - and with Phelan and Holt he would have good back up staff.   Not a failure at Wigan - went through a bad patch like all managers and wasn''t given time to turn it round - fans apparently still supporting him at his last match there.  He rebuilt Bentford, did well at Wigan up to a point, is free, with a good forward thinking, German style disciplined approach.   What''s not to like?

Living and working where I do, I''ve asked around some bees fans (ok 3 of them) to see what they reckon on Rosler and it wasn''t actually that positive. He was seen as too cautious and giving too much respect to the opposition, causing a lot of dropped points in games they ought to have won.

Indeed, they put Brentford''s recent success down to two things: financial backing they''d not previously had and to the then Director of Football, who became manager when Rosler left - and what has happened there since does rather back this up.

Perhaps those desperate for Rosler should really be after Warburton. It is always too simplistic to lay all the blame/plaudits on one person when things go right or wrong.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]Living and working where I do, I''ve asked around some bees fans (ok 3 of them) to see what they reckon on Rosler and it wasn''t actually that positive. He was seen as too cautious and giving too much respect to the opposition, causing a lot of dropped points in games they ought to have won.

Indeed, they put Brentford''s recent success down to two things: financial backing they''d not previously had and to the then Director of Football, who became manager when Rosler left - and what has happened there since does rather back this up.

Perhaps those desperate for Rosler should really be after Warburton. It is always too simplistic to lay all the blame/plaudits on one person when things go right or wrong.[/quote]

I used to live near and have Bees friends too and they back up the at times cautious approach (hence my reference to Hughton, earlier).  Their opinion though is that Rosler laid the foundations and Warburton is cashing in on that, so its about perceptions.  Maybe it is like when Stringer laid such good foundations and Walker cashed in on that.... 

Rosler''s record in this country is not too different from Lambert''s before he came here. I''m not sure whether he''s the right man though.