Sign in to follow this  
canarycol

January Transfer window

First I would like to thank Neil Adams for stepping into the breach after the fiasco of Houghtonand I for one thought he did a good job, although he did not please some of the people, but in the face of things he was not left much to work with, so good luck Neil and maybe if things had been timed right you would have had a better chance in building a team that pleased the fansWhich also brings me to my point of the thread Does it not seem strange that Neil has resigned during a most important time of the season, when the clubneeds someone who needs to be looking at players who will better the club ? Who will be making the decisions on procuring new players to strengthen the squad ?Unless those decisions have already been discussed and made already Perfect timing or not what do you things guys ? 

So much will depend on how good Phelan, who is doing the job temporarily, is.

Very few people can have better contacts than Phelan and he has now been able to see the players close up for a few weeks.

He should now know what he feels is needed and, hopefully through those contacts, can get the players he needs permanently or on loan whilst at the same time getting a coach/assistant in to help him.

Paul Scholes anyone?

I actually think a massive part of who we should get as manager should be what players he''ll bring with him. e.g. if Joe Kinnear wanted the job, i''d tell him to do one but if Joe Kinnear turned up with Messi, Ronaldo, Hummels and Neuer and 5 contracts paying them all a grand a week then i''d be happy to have him on board!

Obviously that''s taking things to the extreme as I like to do to emphasise the point but theres some managers out there that bring their players with them. Look at Hughton and Bassong. That double act was great for us that first season, they just failed to develop the rest of the side. If someone like Nolan, Barton or Carroll had been available when Hughton had joined us, they''d have probably come for the ride as well. Not a chance they''d have joined without him though. Just think, Glenn Roeder was only ever Shola Ameobi away from having us win the champions league!

Good points yellow maybe this is all part of the master plan, I reckon Paul scholes has got a lot onwith Phil Neville at Salford City though

Isn''t it Gary that''s there?

Perhaps we can have 5 managers, the class of 92 (Giggs, Scholes, Neville x2) with Phelan as head manager!

Do we still have a director of football? I lost where we went with that one.