Sign in to follow this  
Dave

Carrow Road Stadium Expansion Study

Apologies if this has already been posted

http://www.meisstudio.com/carrow-road

As with many grounds first drawings look impressive but are often scaled down when they really happen

Pretty pictures with no costings to increase capacity by 7,000.

Where is Tom Cavendish when you need him?

Lakey please report to this thread. [;)]

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

Pretty pictures with no costings to increase capacity by 7,000.

Where is Tom Cavendish when you need him?

Lakey please report to this thread. [;)]

[/quote]

Pretty pictures indeed, but with hotel corner unchanged.  Any idea of spending millions on stadium improvement is pointless without addressing the hotel corner, which is an anachronism in the history of Carrow Rd as a football venue.   Improve that corner and you improve the stadium.   If it were possible, I''d fill in that corner, put a plastic screen up on either side of it and give it to away fans to sit in, leaving the Jarrold just for Norwich supporters.   Yes, I know....it will never happen...............

[quote user="Dave"]Apologies if this has already been posted

http://www.meisstudio.com/carrow-road

As with many grounds first drawings look impressive but are often scaled down when they really happen[/quote]You are Tom Cavendish and I claim my peppercorn rent.

Yes, I predict a clammer for more seats with a restricted view, and demands for those at the front to stand up so those sat behind don''t have to suffer.

Regardless of if and when, these designs look very average to say the least, and I hope the club didnt shell out big bucks for them.

Surely even Tom Cavendish wouldn''t move us to Las Vegas? I don''t think there is even a direct train service. But we would have a nice arch......

What''s with the pointless massive arch pole that has nothing in common with any of the rest of the grounds design? Looks horrible!

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Where is Tom Cavendish when you need him?[/quote]I think he''s out scouting at the moment.I saw a couple of tents in a field near North Walsham yesterday, don''t know if that was him. [:D]

[quote user="lappinitup"] [quote user="TIL 1010"]Where is Tom Cavendish when you need him?[/quote]I think he''s out scouting at the moment.I saw a couple of tents in a field near North Walsham yesterday, don''t know if that was him. [:D][/quote]That was LDC hunting Apache Lapps.[;)]

A bit irrelevant in current times because -

We won''t do a major stadium expansion build until we''ve had another few seasons of top flight football!

Totally irrelevant anyway because the design is for a 2nd tier on the City stand which the current board have said they aren''t going to do. Any new City stand will be a complete new build!

The arch could well be there to provide structural support without the need for pillars that would obstruct the view of the pitch.

Agree that the hotel coroner needs to be filled in.

[quote user="Tea_break_2000"]The arch could well be there to provide structural support without the need for pillars that would obstruct the view of the pitch.

Agree that the hotel coroner needs to be filled in.[/quote]

Didn''t know the hotel had a coroner, do a lot of people die there?

Haha someone got over excited with a 3D design packagea) the structure of the arch goes straight through the corner standsb) the upper tier doesn''t actually connect to the main stand, how would anyone reach their seats?c) the upper tier is so close to the pitch edge that only the people on the front row would actually see the near touch line (and that would be looking vertically down) Think the upper tier in the away end at QPR but about 100 times worsed) The City stand currently seats 3,500 ish, yet adding an extra (smaller) tier on top equates to 7,000 more seats - the maths don''t work

It does look poor and the end result shows the most disjointed football ground ever with everything just bolted together. Surely you''d ideally have a whole new City Stand which looks identical to the Jarrold Stand, (although probably not feasible unless building over Carrow Road). That way new corner in-fills can be built that look identical to the Aviva Community in-fill and give the ground a more symmetrical look (apart from that bloody hotel)