Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

Gary Megson

There''s something about him that means I don''t want him as our next boss but I read up on him as I remember he''d had some highlights at Bolton and WBA in particular and actually, he''s not a bad shout! Hucks said he chose us over WBA partly because of Megsons attitude though

Sheff Wed he left in 3rd place with the best win percentage of any Sheff Wed manager ever, Bolton, he lead to 8th in the prem and a draw away at Bayern and a win against Athletico who had Aguero at the time, he twice got WBA promoted and lead Stockport to their highest point in recent history.

I''d still be underwhelmed by him as no doubt our players probably would be but he''s actually done alright all things considered.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]There''s something about him that means I don''t want him as our next boss but I read up on him as I remember he''d had some highlights at Bolton and WBA in particular and actually, he''s not a bad shout! Hucks said he chose us over WBA partly because of Megsons attitude though

Sheff Wed he left in 3rd place with the best win percentage of any Sheff Wed manager ever, Bolton, he lead to 8th in the prem and a draw away at Bayern and a win against Athletico who had Aguero at the time, he twice got WBA promoted and lead Stockport to their highest point in recent history.

I''d still be underwhelmed by him as no doubt our players probably would be but he''s actually done alright all things considered.[/quote]

Only a draw??  Phttt!!  No good for us then.

I remember going to watch it with my mate (Bolton fan) down the pub, and they had a shortage of players as well due to 12 injuries. Possibly Boltons greatest ever moment in Europe. Bayern were undefeated all season to then as well (yes they didn''t win but I meant I think Bayern lost eventually that season...).

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/7076603.stm

Haha, that was 10 years ago, i''m not saying that''s the manager I want, but i was just throwing his name out there as he''s one of the many linked.

Yeah, but as Megson is frighteningly more of a realistic shout than Rangnick and something that could occur, you are guilty of bad behaviour.