Sign in to follow this  
The Great Drinkell

what was the reaction like when PL was appointed

I was fairly skeptical but optimistic, as we couldn''t really do much worse. I was happy to see us appoint a young up coming manager and thought of the similarities to Martin O''Neill.

I suppose it''s a bit similar to this appointment. He sounds like he''s done well but i''m worried as it''s a massive step up.

Put it this way

A lot of users mysteriously disappeared not long afterwards

Time for round 2?

Thanks Butler, it was certainly more positive than I remembered although, as always, it had it''s critics.

I was just trying to gauge previous appointments as this jobs seem like a poisonous challis reading this board.

I guess whoever takes over will have to win games to win over the fans...lets hope we all give them a chance to do so?

We could appoint Alex Ferguson and some people would moan.I don''t mind people having a moan once the bloke is here and had 4 or 5 games in charge, but he probably hasn''t even set foot in Norfolk yet. The guy needs to be given a chance, and he may impress.I''m optimistic about it anyway.

Paul lambert came with a reputation of delivering in English leagues as a manager and achieved as a player with a European Cup medal to his name.

This manager comes with no reputation so will have to earn it

Lambert was a different time, a different league and different circumstances (eg near administration).Alex Neil could be a spectacular success. More likely to fall flat on his face and see us fall even further behind. If it''s the later then the same criticisms of lacking experience will be made as with Adams.