Sign in to follow this  
Mr Jenkins

So why is this taking so long if it's Phelan

I thought this then remembered it took ages to appoint Adams!!! Just to get us all excited before they say Phelan has the job.

Mind you, no interview with Phelan yet - do we even know if he wants the top job?

I actually think the delay is due to Hogesar putting his hat in the ring, so to speak. Mcwally now has a dilemma as to which non-experienced Manager to employ.

Trust Hogesar to muddy the waters!

I thought after leaving united he made a lot of comments about wanting to get into management. I would say if he wants it the job is his

I think Pink un posters declaring themselves available could be part of the problem here.

It''s as reasonable an explanation as any other, unless of course Phelan ain''t getting the job.

It''s obvious - they are scouring all the cupboards at Colney to see if their are any candidates hiding there before announcing Phelan as manager.

Even if Phelan is their top choice they could just be reviewing and meeting all other available options?

There are a hell of a lot of options available to us at the moment (despite there not being one single outstanding candidate that would unite the fans) so it was be so negligent to just appoint Phelan without thoroughly considering all of their options first. I think that explains Charlie Wyett''s tweet about Phelan being told the job isn''t ''guaranteed'' the job

Yes Darth, do you think that is actually happening?

I sincerly hope it is, there is obviously the usual media blackout if this is happening cos nothing is changing in the bookie odds.

Surely its Phelan, supposedly we want it done by sat, if we was going after a manager in a job already their club would have come out and said to the media "we''ve granted/denied x permision to speak to Norwich". This hasnt happened and if it did happen in the next 2 days cant see it being wrapped up for sat. Im 95% sure its Phelans, and for that im massively underwhelmed. But theres a part of me thats hoping we are looking elsewhere.

[quote user="CJRV 2014"]I would guess to sort contracts, budgets etc. They have to make it seem they are looking at all options.[/quote]Adams resigns on Monday, on Tuesday we''re told we''ll have a new man in place before Saturday. They wouldn''t say that unless they already had someone lined up, and I can''t imagine anyone could be lined up that quickly unless they were already out of work. Therefore I think it''s very likely to be Phelan, with Rosler and Sherwood as outside bets. Anyone outside those three would be a big surprise.

[quote user="Jenkins"]If it''s Phelan why feck about before such an important game.[/quote]Well quite. I actually said on here a few days ago, before Adams walked, why not just put Phelan in charge until the end of the season, assuming he wants it? Then he gets a few months to see if management is for him, gets to use his vast experience (and yes I know he''s not been a manager, but having watched Fergie in the dressing room for so many years he must have a few tricks up his sleeve), and if we don''t make the top six we at least have time to do a proper ''scouring of Europe'' to find a progressive manager with a sound footballing philosophy who will give us a fair crack at a Swansea/Southampton model. And if Phelan turns out to be a natural and pulls off the impossible dream, he''ll have earnt a crack at the Premier League. Rather that than keep everyone in the dark - surely the players want to know who will be giving them their team talk before a massive game on Saturday, if they don''t already?Apologies if that was a bit garbled, I''m tired and a little bewildered by this week''s goings on!