Sign in to follow this  
Newton

Delia has treated all the fans like idiots

SwindonCanary wrote the following post at 06/01/2015 12:13 PM:

Who signed Lambert ?   It''s clear that worked, so the board will keep to the same criteria to pick all future managers.

Swindon how can u possibly claim that the same criteria was used to appoint both Lambert & Adams ?

What did they both have in common other than gender ?

[quote user="Empty Mirror"]The "scouring Europe" remark was made by McNally, not Delia. For all we know he may have told her the same.[/quote]

if so then one of them''s an idiot!!!!

i''ll let some one else decide who.

[quote user="Newton"]

Year of the tiger wrote the following post at 06/01/2015 11:47 AM:

My thoughts have absolutely nothing to do with sentiment but the idea that a CEO with Mcnally personality would accept being ignored & overruled. Same goes for Bowkett, not exactly a shrinking violet.Also it wasn''t the DS/MWJ combo who fell out with Lambert

Tiger

I thought Lamberts left because the board would not provide any significant transfer funds (believe he wanted £10M) as we had decided to repay all debt first ?

Dont think it had anything to do with DM personally, I understand he was instructed to convery the boards decision to Lambert (this is what Delia pays him the £1M for)  - we all know what happened Lambert up & left after telling the board to stuff it

Another spectacularly poor decision by the board - for the sake of abound £10M we have lost £100M''s

[/quote]

That was certainly not my understanding & doesn''t really equate with the ill feeling afterwards. Certainly not what I was told by someone who spoke to Lambert

I thought Lambert wanted money to buy Benteke and the board said NO, and the rest was history.

Newton

Let me see if I have understood your points.

Firstly every manager that has been a failure at our club has been down to Delia

Every manager that has been appointed by HER has been a cheap option

Lambert was appointed by McNally.

But the biggest appointment of all was McNally who you explain is certainly not a cheap option.

Therefor she cannot appoint managers but she can appoint CEOs.

I will now await an answer along the lines that perhaps she didn''t appoint McNally , or she got lucky.

I have read a couple of posts in this thread we could sack the CEO. Although I am not cogniscent of the terms of his contract you can be sure any termination clause will be far in excess of his annual bonus of £1m. DM a shrewd businessman will have ensured contractually he would be protected. Delia will leave before DM unless DM is offered another post unlikely it will be in football given recent performance.

I thought it was common knowledge that the decision to give Neil the job was one taken by Delia and Michael who have the casting vote being majority shareholders or am I barking up the wrong tree?

[quote user="cityangel"]I thought it was common knowledge that the decision to give Neil the job was one taken by Delia and Michael who have the casting vote being majority shareholders or am I barking up the wrong tree?[/quote]It wasn''t common enough to each me, Angel! Certainly not in the sense that some (or most) directors wanted A N Other  but S&J overruled them and chose Adams. I have never seen any authoritative suggestion or evidence that there was a boardroom split on the appointment of Adams.In any event S&J don''t have a casting vote in the boardroom. It is majority voting by the seven with their vote not counting for any more than anyone else''s. That said, their viewers as owners plainly carry weight. And if they don''t like being outvoted they can always sack a few directors and bring in some new ones!

Maybe I''ve got that wrong then PC but a little rumour I heard was that Neil wasn''t McNally choice and he was outvoted

Whilst you''re here did you ring up the Nick Conrad show this morning when they had a ncfc call in, there was a very knowledgeable man on there making some great points and I had a feeling it might be you for some reason, lol

City - thats the rumour I heard - which would fit in with the points I am trying to express on this thread - which are then constantly ridiculed by Delia supporters who offer no explanations for their views other than undying love for her - she rearly has done a fabulouse job over the last 10 years creating an untouchable aurea

Please remember as Purple consisely explained - Delia as majority shareholder can replace any member of the board at the drop of a hat if she so wishes - to think she does not rubber stamp all major, player purchases / sales and managerial appointments is very foolish - of course she does

I can only repreat - McNally is a paid emploee (very handsomely £1M plus) and if Delia says jump he probably would - wouldent u ?

[quote user="Dibs"]I thought Lambert wanted money to buy Benteke and the board said NO, and the rest was history.[/quote]

What could have been if this was true, though I suspect this is just 2+2=5

[quote user="Year of the tiger"][quote user="Newton"]

Year of the tiger wrote the following post at 06/01/2015 11:47 AM:

My thoughts have absolutely nothing to do with sentiment but the idea that a CEO with Mcnally personality would accept being ignored & overruled. Same goes for Bowkett, not exactly a shrinking violet.Also it wasn''t the DS/MWJ combo who fell out with Lambert

Tiger

I thought Lamberts left because the board would not provide any significant transfer funds (believe he wanted £10M) as we had decided to repay all debt first ?

Dont think it had anything to do with DM personally, I understand he was instructed to convery the boards decision to Lambert (this is what Delia pays him the £1M for)  - we all know what happened Lambert up & left after telling the board to stuff it

Another spectacularly poor decision by the board - for the sake of abound £10M we have lost £100M''s

[/quote]

That was certainly not my understanding & doesn''t really equate with the ill feeling afterwards. Certainly not what I was told by someone who spoke to Lambert[/quote]The rumour I heard was that Lambert wanted to talk to other clubs (AV) as per his contract, but McNally refused, which lead to all the ill feeling. How true this is is anyones guess, but what with social media gossip, it is all just that, gossip. The only people that really know are the ones involved and they''ve been very good at keepin schtum.

[quote user="cityangel"]Maybe I''ve got that wrong then PC but a little rumour I heard was that Neil wasn''t McNally choice and he was outvoted

Whilst you''re here did you ring up the Nick Conrad show this morning when they had a ncfc call in, there was a very knowledgeable man on there making some great points and I had a feeling it might be you for some reason, lol[/quote]Angel, the trouble with that rumour (and quite a few others) is that it is easily explained as fitting in with the biased view some fans have, that all good decisions are made by Bowkett and McNally and all bad ones are made by Smith and Jones. If McNally really had been outvoted on such a crucial issue I think there would have been repercussions, and any rumours would have been far more authoritative. Re the Nick Conrad Show, I am flattered (while acknowledging the LOL) by your view of me, but sadly it was not I.

Yellowbeagle wrote the following post at 06/01/2015 4:54 PM:

It''s pretty clear in my mind which side of the idiot line a fan falls on when they care about what Talk Sport are saying.

Yellow that''s not a very constructive comment

All I was saying was that members of the public were ringing Talk Sport and laughing about the way Norwich fans believed everything they were told by the board - it was an actual fact - not an idiotic comment like yours

Comments were also being made along the lines of - why would a relegated club with the biggest budget in the league appoint a former player with no experience as manager and then when he resigned after 6 months give him his old job back. While I listened no one rang to defend the Norwich board - u must have been out at the time otherwise I.m sure u would have been hot on the phone

[quote user="Newton"]Yellowbeagle wrote the following post at 06/01/2015 4:54 PM:

It''s pretty clear in my mind which side of the idiot line a fan falls on when they care about what Talk Sport are saying.

Yellow that''s not a very constructive comment

All I was saying was that members of the public were ringing Talk Sport and laughing about the way Norwich fans believed everything they were told by the board - it was an actual fact - not an idiotic comment like yours

Comments were also being made along the lines of - why would a relegated club with the biggest budget in the league appoint a former player with no experience as manager and then when he resigned after 6 months give him his old job back. While I listened no one rang to defend the Norwich board - u must have been out at the time otherwise I.m sure u would have been hot on the phone[/quote]

I can argue constructively if i feel it''s warranted, but i wont keep going over this wicked witch of the east nonsense. I remember the club under Chase, if you really feel as if your being treated like an idiot you should think back to that time, when the chairman really didnt give a s**t what you thought.

Also why on earth would i phone talk sport, they come out with this tosh exactly because they want chumps to phone in and swell their coffers.

Yellow the chase era was 17 plus years ago & u probably have fond memories of ration books as well but I am talking recent history

The boards track record over the last 6 managers has been dismal

3 were sentimental cheapies (Grant, Gunn & Adams) 2 resigned within the first year cause they could not cope and the 3rd got sacked while he was having another drinking session with the players

As for Roder, when he was interviewed did anyone ask him what he intended to do - because he sold our best permanent players and frittered away the money on cr#p loan players

Delia is the common link between all 4 - thats my point - some of her decision making is questionable at best

That said there are too many people like u with a sentimental attachment to the woman for anything to change short term

As to the future we must not rush into another hasty poor appointment (EDP is already claiming a short list of 3 and digging up the 4 corners of europe story)

Leave Phelan there for at least a couple of games = see how we go but make sure any permanent appointment is the right man this time - thats all I want

I can put up with her for a bit longer provided her & the board do not continue to treat the fans like idiots

[quote user="SwindonCanary"]Firstly it''s never Delia''s decision alone, secondly Delia will always love and try to do the best for this club.[/quote]

what a load of rubbish. You are a mug.

It''s important to recognise that if the OP is correct and Delia has treated all the fans like idiots she should be commended for treating everyone equally, if there''s one thing we should not tolerate it''s favouritism.

Newton

"I can put up with her (Delia)for a bit longer provided her & the board do not continue to treat the fans like idiots "

I''m sure she will read this, take note and enjoy an overwhelming feeling of relief.😄

Green and Yellow wrote the following post at 07/01/2015 8:54 AM:

what a load of rubbish. You are a mug

Sweeping comment Green - which bits rubbish - thought it was all factual - would u care to expand or dont u have a view - just insult people

C.A "I thought it was common knowledge that the decision to give Neil the job was one taken by Delia and Michael who have the casting vote being majority shareholders or am I barking up the wrong tree? "

You could stake your life on this being correct. Everyone credits lovey-Delia with saving the club by wising up in the end. But I seem to remember people walking round the edge of the ground collecting cash off US FANS. If that''s not tin-pot, treating the fans like mugs then nothing is. Delia has run her course now. She''s had long enough and hardly taken us that far forwards for the time she''s been here.

Instead of people knowledgeable about football on the board we had that bloke from Archant because of his obvious press connections and Stephen Fry because of his twitter following and general fame. Both were appointed for flimsy PR reasons, not because they can help the club become an established PL side.In Bowkett we have an asset stripper who''s not even a football fan to ''help'' with the financials and general strategy. The footballing board are a mixture of yes men and clueless nobodies who currently preside over a giant mess that was entirely predictable.Under Delia''s stewardship we''re a rudderless ship and yet again the fans are being treated like fools. After every disaster we get an apology of sorts laced with lame excuses and false emotion from her press puppet (Mick Dennis) in order to try and soothe fans'' anger.

This is a Direct Quote from an EDP Article published within the last 24 hours

This time, chief executive David McNally is believed to have been given the green light to lead the board’s search for the right man to fill Adams’ shoes

I have high lighted the key words THIS TIME - who the hell did it last time ?

Probably not needed as Delia had already decided - but then who scoured Europe ????????

Can all you Delia lovers please explain ?

What did Delia do to you Newton? Did she have a one night stand with your missus or something?

I actually read a lot of your posts and find myself laughing, hard.

Best bit is about her being happy seeing us in the Championship, as she is happy to just sit there and watch us win a few games. Obviously ignoring the fact that she is our major shareholder, so obviously her shares would be worth a hell of a lot more in the Premier League than the championship. Nothing you say makes sense or has any logic to it, it''s just a vendetta you seem to have.

[quote user="Newton"]

This is a Direct Quote from an EDP Article published within the last 24 hours

This time, chief executive David McNally is believed to have been given the green light to lead the board’s search for the right man to fill Adams’ shoes

I have high lighted the key words THIS TIME - who the hell did it last time ?

Probably not needed as Delia had already decided - but then who scoured Europe ????????

Can all you Delia lovers please explain ?

[/quote]

The world must be an amazing magical place for you full of wonder, before you reply just remember that these are not facts, they''re just opinion, who''s opinion, we may never know.

Keep up the good work.

Ellis I am providing hard facts showing a catalogue of mistakes being made by the board and from what I can see the only common factor is her

The latest statement in the EDP that THIS TIME Mcnally will lead the search for a manager is scarey - who did it last time ? (They have carefully chosen the words not me)

Your comment regaring the value of her shares is a valid one -  if she ever intended to realise her asset & sell

I have never heard her ever mention selling any of her shares at any time - have you ?

Remember her family only own 52% which gives her 100% control - she knows what she is doing on that front, I suspect she will only leave in a wooden box  (which is her perogative)

For the last few years she has not contributed in a positive way what so ever towards the running of this club as far as I can see - please prove me wrong - give me some examples

Final point by her instsitance that all debt was repaid this would be reflected in the value of her holding but thats a secondary issue

[quote user="Newton"]

I have never heard her ever mention selling any of her shares at any time - have you ?

[/quote]

Do you walk around all the time with your fingers in your ears?