Sign in to follow this  
Newton

Delia has treated all the fans like idiots

She gambled with the clubs future by going for the lowest cost option in the summer - appointed Adams and told us after an extension search of Europe he was the best man available - some fans with no brain cells actually believed her, the majority did not

Unbeknown to us what appears to have actually happened is that Adams was persuaded to take the job on the basis of if it does not work out you can basically have your old job back

If someone said to you, please accept the post of the CEO of say British Airways on a massive salary and if it does not work out you can resign, have 5 months off and go back to your old job, would you say no? Of course not

It is to Adams credit that he called a holt to this charade when he actually did - Neil thank you for being honest with yourself and us the fans - the job was too big for you, we respect your decision to step down

He has left us with the opportunity to make up the lost ground and push for at least a play off place

I do not know who should be the next manager, but it should not be Phelan as he was available but not even considered last sumer

What I do know is will the majority of fans ever trust anything that Delia says again ?

If we do not go up this season, she must be solely to blame - it cannot sit anywhere else as she holds ultimate power over all decisions with her 52% shareholding. She would have known what was going on and rubber stamped the decision

Delia shame on you for attempting to treat us all like mugs, will we ever forgive if we don''t make it back up to the Prem ?

And you accuse other fans of having no brain cells! Oh the irony.

Inch - I stand by what I have posted, I am not the only one to believe this

On Radio talk Sport today we were a laughing stock - many derogatory comments being made about Norfolk bumpkins being conned again by Delia

Many of the callers are probably right

In fairness, the OP does have a point. Do you really believe that an extensive search of England, Scotland and parts of the continent were done and of all of the managers in Europe''s top footballing countries the best we could find just happened to be Youth team manager at our club already? Fans are treated like mugs now days, not just fans of our club by our owners, but football fans as a whole by the wider footballing community. FIFA, the FA, The Premier League and individual clubs treat the fans like they should be grateful that they are allowed to watch football at all. When the truth of the matter is that if it were not for the fans of football across the globe people like John Terry, David Moyes and Michel Platini would probably be working in a factory or such likes (not that there is anything wrong with working in a factory I am just using if as an example), where their yearly earnings are a fraction of what they currently earn in a week.

Swindon she may well try & do the best but Gunn / Adams we all know is not the best - basically her best is no longer good enough

& U are wrong - the final say sits with her & hubby they own 52% of the club - that''s how it works mate in all Company''s, the majority shareholder has the final say. McNally for example is just a paid employee, nothing more nothing less, if he crosses her - he will be gone. He does not she pays him too well

She needs to relinquish her iron fist hold on the club by giving away or selling some of her shares, she can still remain a fan & we will respect her - but her decisions get more bizarre as the years go on - move over girl

You really do have an agenda against Delia, Newton. The majority share holding is Delia and MWJ, but with the latter being the prime mover in acquiring control. DM is in control of football related decisions, not Delia or MJW.

DM is a paid employee - bottom line he says and does what he is told by the owners

Assuming u employed by a Company u cant do or say what ever u want - its no different in a football club

Yes he is in charge of all day to day decisions on football - but he will have to get major decisions ie transfers & the appointment of managers etc rubber stamped by the owner - who is - yes u got it

A football club is no different to any other Company.

Delia has exactly the same control over Norwich as say Tan has at Cardiff or the Italian guy at Watford or the loon at Leeds

Interesting view, not sure I agree with everything, although the comment regarding having searched Europe was close on pathetic and should never have been said. Other than that, then I dont feel the fans have been treated like idiots when compared to fans at some other clubs......we actually have owners who are life long supporters, which is rare these days, sure mistakes have been made but we are still in a great state as a club compared to almost going out of business just a few years back.

As for Neil Adams "resignation", maybe he did really resign, and all credit "if" he did. However. my take on it, is that he "agreed to resign" and as a result was rewarded with the opportunity to come back to the club in a role more suited to his skill set and experience, and I have no issue with that at all, it secures his longer term future in a market where he is unlikely to pull a big job at another club.

Mike Phelan, why not? Just because he was available before and apparently not considered is not much of a reason is it?

For all we know, when Mike Phelan was appointed it was with, shall we say an "agenda" and we are now seeing it come to fruition. He is a top coach who has worked at one of the biggest clubs in the world under possibly the best club manager ever......pretty good credentials to have an opinion on how he has seen things since his time with us I''d say...and also to become our next Manager even.

Can I put forward a further scenario to consider - to back my view that McNally is not the person who made the final decision in the Adams debacle

The similarity between the Gunn & Adams appointments

Both have long connections with the club, limited managerial experience (none with adults), readily available and of course willing to accept a low salary

I would term them as cheap sentimental appointments doomed to fail from day 2

Both were also allowed to appointment right hand men who also had the same qualities as themselves (basically none)

For Crook read Holt - indeed Holt must be so far out of his depth that when Adams resigned they game the temp job to the coach Phelan & not the assistant manager (why was that ?)

Both of these appointments failed spectacularly, the one common thread Delia, the current board was not formed when when Gunn was appointed - Mcnally was not even employed by the club

Herman wrote the following post at 06/01/2015 7:07 AM:

Maybe she has a point.

Sometimes you just have to do he right thing.

[quote user="Newton"]According to a well known radio station we all are[/quote]

If anyone''s an expert in treating their customers like idiots it''ll be Talksport.

[quote user="Empty Mirror"]The "scouring Europe" remark was made by McNally, not Delia. For all we know he may have told her the same.[/quote]

No, it wasn''t made by anyone, they ''reviewed the European market''.

I''m amused by the concept that DM & AB would recommend a potential manager but Delia would ignore it & say no we want to appoint Adams. I think under those circumstances we would then be looking for a new Chairman & CEO. Bizarre

I was disappointed by the Adams appointment but I can understand why it was made.

Choosing a new manager is a lottery. Almost all of the available managers are available because they''ve been sacked from their previous job-in other words, they failed.

A young manager from a lower league team is a gamble, and we proved to be a winner when we chose Lambert-who did not have a great record before we got him, either in results or loyalty.

A more experienced manager can also be a gamble-one which didn''t come off with Hughton in the end.

Recruiting from within gives continuity and may be a cheaper option-although has anyone seen Adams'' payslips? But at least you don''t have to pay compensation. In Adams'' case he had done well with the youth team and may have been worth the gamble of giving him a full season if less had been riding on the result-but with this season being our best chance to get back up before we have to sell the rest of our best players, the decision for him to leave has to be for the best.

There seems to be nobody in particular who the majority of fans would like as the next manager, which means that whoever it is, there will be some of us who will be moaning that we''ve been treated like idiots if we don''t get promotion.

Unfortunately I just see it as part of being a football fan.

Hi YOT

U are clearly easily amussed

This new board was formed following our relegation to L1, Delia as majority shareholder disolved the previous board, assembled a new board, sacked the then CEO Doomcaster and appointed McNally in his place

Just before this she had appointed Gunn as permanent Manager and sanctioned the purchase of 11/12 players with borrowed money (The majority of these players were subsequently cleared out by Lambert within 6 mths)

McNally''s background is from memory CEO @ both Celtic & Fulham and I believe he was responsible for recruiting Roy Hodgson from abroad for Fulham - Roy then went on take Fulham to the finals of the Europa Cup.

I believe this man knows what he is doing, for his services I think we are paying 5 x Dommcasters remuneration - £1M against £190K

Since he arrived he has been used as the mouth piece of the board rather than Delia constantly appearing on TV refering to little old Norwich etc  and of course that fab peice of tv history when she appeared on sky tv at half time against Man City, under the influence of alchole (half cut) shouting down a microphone Come On

Yes McNally would have been charged with drawing up a list of options for the Permanent mangement position in the summer (as he will be now) but the final decision would not have been his

Adams would have been on the list no doubt (we dont know  & never will know what McNallsy actual brief was) but do you seriously think a man of his standing & experience bearing in mind his track record would have gambled £100M pa (what promotion to the Prem is worth each year) by personally recommening that we go with the least experienced / qualified manager he could find

While I can prove nothing the appoinment of Adams follows Delias previous trend of cheap sentimental club connected appoinments which have failed from day 2

Grant, Gunn, Adams (the common thread with all 3 is Delia)

Delia is the majority shareholder and as such holds ultimate power as does Cardiff  Tan, Italian guy at Watford and the Loon at Leeds

YOT a lot of what I am saying is based on what actually happened - your vews while I respect them appear to be based on sentiments and an affection for Delia

[quote user="Year of the tiger"]I''m amused by the concept that DM & AB would recommend a potential manager but Delia would ignore it & say no we want to appoint Adams. I think under those circumstances we would then be looking for a new Chairman & CEO. Bizarre[/quote]

Exactly and I said virtually the same on another thread a few days ago.

My thoughts have absolutely nothing to do with sentiment but the idea that a CEO with Mcnally personality would accept being ignored & overruled. Same goes for Bowkett, not exactly a shrinking violet.Also it wasn''t the DS/MWJ combo who fell out with Lambert

Year of the tiger wrote the following post at 06/01/2015 11:47 AM:

My thoughts have absolutely nothing to do with sentiment but the idea that a CEO with Mcnally personality would accept being ignored & overruled. Same goes for Bowkett, not exactly a shrinking violet.Also it wasn''t the DS/MWJ combo who fell out with Lambert

Tiger

I thought Lamberts left because the board would not provide any significant transfer funds (believe he wanted £10M) as we had decided to repay all debt first ?

Dont think it had anything to do with DM personally, I understand he was instructed to convery the boards decision to Lambert (this is what Delia pays him the £1M for)  - we all know what happened Lambert up & left after telling the board to stuff it

Another spectacularly poor decision by the board - for the sake of abound £10M we have lost £100M''s