Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

David.McNally@ncfc-canaries.co.uk.

I am not sure he is more than a puppet nowadays. The scouring Europe to find Adams is just not him. I think he is just paid to keep quiet nowadays through bonuses for failure.

The football is being run by the clueless chef through her friends again!

[quote user="The recurring 5 year plan"]I am not sure he is more than a puppet nowadays. The scouring Europe to find Adams is just not him. I think he is just paid to keep quiet nowadays through bonuses for failure.

The football is being run by the clueless chef through her friends again![/quote]

How does this help?

Also, if ''the chef'' is so clueless why don''t you buy her out? Put your money where your mouth is and piss it up the wall like she and her husband were prepared to do...how many millions have you put in so far?

Exactly correct Tc 5 year plan. Those calling for McNally''s head are wrong and do not understand the transfer of power back to the owners once financial stability was achieved.

Does anyone actually believe the ''search throughout Europe'' guff was anything other than ''Cabinet loyalty'' for the media and masses. Does anyone actually believe McNally and Bowkett believed it?

I just hope that the owners arrogance is overcome and actually take advice from those better qualified in football matters

thats not the case...
Celtic and fulham parted company with McNally... when he came in he had a reputation of being a decision maker... however he left Fulham to join us 6 months later.. 
He is widely credited with Sacking gunn and appointing Lambert, Shrewd? ruthless? Lucky? his record since has been one of public embarrassment and failure... Legal action against a supporter for sharing a photo of the away kit, warning a local brewery about the name of a beer relating to the club... the famous Interview with Goreham last season...
McNally is the ideal NCFC employee.. does what he''s told.. doesn''t argue... if he is in charge of managerial appointments then he''s failed spectacularly. If he has taken a  huge bonus for "hitting personal targets" then he has been rewarded for failure... If he was as ruthless, or shot from the hip as everyone said he wouldn''t stick around for the board to tell him what to do... He''s paid a fat salary and as long as the bonuses roll in for constant failings he wont go anywhere.
He knows how to run a good financial ship, and i''ll give him credit for that.. but just like other board members when it starts to go wrong he hides.. vanishes from Twitter, vanishes from the Media... Doomcaster, useless as he was, never hid... his failings were exposed but he''d alwys make himself available or try and allay supporters fears (badly)
I point the finger at our lack of success at McNally first and foremost... If he''s in charge of the day to day football things at the club then why they hell haven''t we asked the relevent questions? Listen to the interview with Goreham again and the sheer arrogance of the man...
I feel sorry for Adam''s.. He''ll get hung out to dry just as Hughton was by certain people who will be fine because a large number of fans hang on 1 moment in time he made possible (hiring Lambert) and the hope he can do it again....
McNally Out!

[quote user="Sir Humphrey Appleby"] How does this help?

Also, if ''the chef'' is so clueless why don''t you buy her out? Put your money where your mouth is and piss it up the wall like she and her husband were prepared to do...how many millions have you put in so far?[/quote]
that has to be the biggest amount of guff i''ve read in 11 years on here...
How many fans have millions in the bank to be able to do it, and just because they don''t why should that make the Smiths untouchable? 
how many millions have you put in? lend us a tenner!

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]thats not the case...
Celtic and fulham parted company with McNally... when he came in he had a reputation of being a decision maker... however he left Fulham to join us 6 months later.. 
He is widely credited with Sacking gunn and appointing Lambert, Shrewd? ruthless? Lucky? his record since has been one of public embarrassment and failure... Legal action against a supporter for sharing a photo of the away kit, warning a local brewery about the name of a beer relating to the club... the famous Interview with Goreham last season...
McNally is the ideal NCFC employee.. does what he''s told.. doesn''t argue... if he is in charge of managerial appointments then he''s failed spectacularly. If he has taken a  huge bonus for "hitting personal targets" then he has been rewarded for failure... If he was as ruthless, or shot from the hip as everyone said he wouldn''t stick around for the board to tell him what to do... He''s paid a fat salary and as long as the bonuses roll in for constant failings he wont go anywhere.
He knows how to run a good financial ship, and i''ll give him credit for that.. but just like other board members when it starts to go wrong he hides.. vanishes from Twitter, vanishes from the Media... Doomcaster, useless as he was, never hid... his failings were exposed but he''d alwys make himself available or try and allay supporters fears (badly)
I point the finger at our lack of success at McNally first and foremost... If he''s in charge of the day to day football things at the club then why they hell haven''t we asked the relevent questions? Listen to the interview with Goreham again and the sheer arrogance of the man...
I feel sorry for Adam''s.. He''ll get hung out to dry just as Hughton was by certain people who will be fine because a large number of fans hang on 1 moment in time he made possible (hiring Lambert) and the hope he can do it again....
McNally Out!
[/quote]

Brilliant post from you Has!! I take it all back, lol!! Good on you, Mcwally out!!!

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="Sir Humphrey Appleby"] How does this help?

Also, if ''the chef'' is so clueless why don''t you buy her out? Put your money where your mouth is and piss it up the wall like she and her husband were prepared to do...how many millions have you put in so far?[/quote]
How many fans have millions in the bank to be able to do it, and just because they don''t why should that make the Smiths untouchable? 
[/quote]

Rubbish, it is easy to snipe when you have nothing at stake, you just want to dictate how other people spend their money but you don''t want to / are unable to get involved. Far too many people keep chatting away about ''the chef'' but fundamentally she stepped in and put millions of her own money in to keep this club going - it is only thanks to her largesse that we are still in business. So, sometimes it is important to stop just flapping your gums and either buy in yourself or show a little gratitude and phrases like ''the chef'' are just too disrespectful.

[quote user="Sir Humphrey Appleby"][quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="Sir Humphrey Appleby"] How does this help?

[/quote]

Rubbish, it is easy to snipe when you have nothing at stake, you just want to dictate how other people spend their money but you don''t want to / are unable to get involved. Far too many people keep chatting away about ''the chef'' but fundamentally she stepped in and put millions of her own money in to keep this club going - it is only thanks to her largesse that we are still in business. So, sometimes it is important to stop just flapping your gums and either buy in yourself or show a little gratitude and phrases like ''the chef'' are just too disrespectful.[/quote]
trust me, if i had a few million quid stuffed under the mattress i''d get involved.. and I''m pretty sure EVERY Norwich fan on this message board would too if they could...
let me ask you a question... would you rather things stayed as they are with Delia in charge and mid table in the championship... or would you rather Boriz the Oil tycoon bought us and turned us into Manchester City.. a club who, barring the last 5 or 6 years, had a record comparable to clubs the size of Norwich before the billions came in?

[quote user="Bury Yellow"] Those calling for McNally''s head are wrong and do not understand the transfer of power back to the owners once financial stability was achieved.[/quote]

Well that certainly passed me by so may be you could explain that one Bury.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="Sir Humphrey Appleby"][quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="Sir Humphrey Appleby"] How does this help?

[/quote]

Rubbish, it is easy to snipe when you have nothing at stake, you just want to dictate how other people spend their money but you don''t want to / are unable to get involved. Far too many people keep chatting away about ''the chef'' but fundamentally she stepped in and put millions of her own money in to keep this club going - it is only thanks to her largesse that we are still in business. So, sometimes it is important to stop just flapping your gums and either buy in yourself or show a little gratitude and phrases like ''the chef'' are just too disrespectful.[/quote]
trust me, if i had a few million quid stuffed under the mattress i''d get involved.. and I''m pretty sure EVERY Norwich fan on this message board would too if they could...
let me ask you a question... would you rather things stayed as they are with Delia in charge and mid table in the championship... or would you rather Boriz the Oil tycoon bought us and turned us into Manchester City.. a club who, barring the last 5 or 6 years, had a record comparable to clubs the size of Norwich before the billions came in?
[/quote]

Or, what if he turns us into Leeds, Portsmouth, Cardiff, Fulham, QPR, Blackburn, Villa or the many others for whom the monied owner didn''t work out too well?

I think they have shown loyalty and have put their own money at stake - significant percentages of their personal wealth and sometimes we should consider ourselves lucky that we have someone prepared to do that.

Also, where have these rich benefactors been for the last ten years, we are clearly such a catch that they must be lining up to piss their money up our wall. However, unless you have ''insider information'' the only ''bid'' I am aware of was from Cullen who''s offer was for Delia to give the club to him! On that basis I want to make an offer that she give the club to me, how can anyone possibly say no to that!?!?!

The club is so good at public relations that many supporters were convinced into believing that we''d finish in the top two. Everything is professionally managed except for the football team.

[quote user="Sir Humphrey Appleby"][quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="Sir Humphrey Appleby"][quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="Sir Humphrey Appleby"] How does this help?

[/quote]

[/quote]

Or, what if he turns us into Leeds, Portsmouth, Cardiff, Fulham, QPR, Blackburn, Villa or the many others for whom the monied owner didn''t work out too well?

I think they have shown loyalty and have put their own money at stake - significant percentages of their personal wealth and sometimes we should consider ourselves lucky that we have someone prepared to do that.

Also, where have these rich benefactors been for the last ten years, we are clearly such a catch that they must be lining up to piss their money up our wall. However, unless you have ''insider information'' the only ''bid'' I am aware of was from Cullen who''s offer was for Delia to give the club to him! On that basis I want to make an offer that she give the club to me, how can anyone possibly say no to that!?!?![/quote]
we don''t know what board offers have been made because they haven''t told us...
Look down the leagues at clubs bought out.. what makes Plymouth, Shrewsbury, York, Torquay more attractive to an investor/buyer than Norwich? or is it because the owners at the time were prepared to let it go?

Jas... what is the advantage of being "brought out"? What clubs should I be looking at as an example?

Obviously Citeh and Chelsea but clubs the size of say us Forest Derby even binners?

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Jas... what is the advantage of being "brought out"? What clubs should I be looking at as an example?

Obviously Citeh and Chelsea but clubs the size of say us Forest Derby even binners?

[/quote]
for an example.. Bournemouth... granted its only 1 club... but bought out on 2009... We might well envy them come May, You also mention Derby and their buyer... again a club that could be a division higher than us next season.
Both these clubs have shown significant signs of improvement since being bought out... attracting better players, good quality managers and stadiums and clubs to be proud of. contrast that to 4 years of top flight football in 19 years and 11 managers in that time to boot 
as before, would you stick with Delia and mid table championship or do you strive for more?
Sooner or Later Delia and MWJ will leave the club.. the passage of time will dictate this.. then what? who will buy the shares? 

Jas.... Bournemouth aren''t a patch on us. Just above us in this very small window in time. We achieved 4 years from the last 10 in the PL with our owners. Surely that''s still a dream for Bournemouth.

I don''t know Jas! But if you, for some unknown reason, continually devalue their achievements in comparison to clubs that might achieve at some point, then whatever does happen you will fing uncontrolably disappointing.

If the majority shareholding duo hadn''t put their personal finance into this club, they would probably have a plethora of really successful Delia restaurants and food outlets dotted in and around Stowmarket and East Anglia. Outmuscling that Jocko Gordon Ramsey, Essex Bwuoy Jamie Oliver, Ronald Yank McDonald and those other celebrity food cooks an'' chefs.....

They certainly didn''t see an opportunity or business angle, when they became seriously involved with this club over 2 decades ago.....The catering was most definitely an afterthought.....The football club came first.....They sacrificed a lot because of the love for NCFC in my opinion......Just sayin''......Our performances on the pitch may be on regular occasion sub-standard....But, we''ve Premiership quality catering and we should count our blessings!.....

A football club marches on its stomach! Keep Chompin''! 

They might not have told us but to be fair these things not to be kept quiet, have you heard rumours of anyone approaching to buy the club?

i just feel they''ve gone as far as they can go... that''s no bad thing.
I think McNally is a joke...debated that enough.
Adams is a top coach and a top bloke but he isn''t what we need. 10 years ago i''d have been delighted... but we''ve gone too far now.

I wonder what calibre of manager we could of attracted if McNicey''s undeserved bonus wasn''t still collected by himself after an abysmal season of watching the horror show unfold while 90% of those around him COULD SEE WTF WAS GOING ON! Where''s our bonuses for enduring this carp year on year Davey boy?

Would love to be able to buy the lady out,unfortunately only able to afford the match tickets,like lots of other s on here.Also by the way the millions she put in she has stated she wants it back when she eventually sells the club.The buyer will be someone who has the club''s best interest at heart,a bit like hers.

That''s fine Jas. But let''s not be dishonest about what we have achieved. These other clubs you hanker after are built on very dodgy foundations. Our club is still rubust from bottom to top. We have achieved so much since McNally became CEO. The club is in the healthiest position ever probably. We are suffering a set back and are behind where we want to be in the Championship. But surely tearing up all that''s been achieved over the past 5 years in the forlorn hope that someone is prepared to put in something for nothing is a huge gamble? And if there is someone out there wanting to put in something for nothing what''s stopping investing them now?