Sign in to follow this  
Lewis Esquire

FA Cup Game - Cheap

Somebody I work with is going to watch her team, Southampton take on Ipswich in the replayed FA Cup match.

How much do you reckon City would demand from us fans to watch that game (obviously if it were us and not Ipswich)? A game in which two forms teams come face to face in what is expected to be an excellent game of football - i''m half tempted to get a ticket myself at £10 for an adult ticket!

I reckon McNally and co would want £25 if we were taking on Southampton in place of ITFC.

I know its an evening fixture and the attendance might not be great as Southampton is way down south, but come on, ten-quid! I might even go yet...

I imagine it wouldn''t be a big charge if it had been us - seem to recall last season was £10 adults and £1 kids? The FA cup early rounds will always be heavily discounted these days, but it does need agreement of both sides

If you look at football, from the point of it being an entertaining game, and not an obsessive need to hate your nearest rivals, then I guess 10p is a bit much for you. But from the neutral footballing point of view, I think it''d be worth a watch.

I still think McNally and co would charge £20+, it may have been £10 against a smaller team like Luton (for example), but against a form Premier League team he''d definitely up the price.

[quote user="Lewis Esquire"]I still think McNally and co would charge £20+, it may have been £10 against a smaller team like Luton (for example), but against a form Premier League team he''d definitely up the price.[/quote]Using the scum as a stick to beat our club with says so much about you.......

[quote user="Lewis Esquire"]Somebody I work with is going to watch her team, Southampton take on Ipswich in the replayed FA Cup match.

How much do you reckon City would demand from us fans to watch that game (obviously if it were us and not Ipswich)? A game in which two forms teams come face to face in what is expected to be an excellent game of football - i''m half tempted to get a ticket myself at £10 for an adult ticket!

I reckon McNally and co would want £25 if we were taking on Southampton in place of ITFC.

I know its an evening fixture and the attendance might not be great as Southampton is way down south, but come on, ten-quid! I might even go yet...[/quote]It''s business though, isn''t it.Ipsh*t can only "fill" a stadium by charging £10, or charge their normal prices and get the usual row upon row of empty seats.Norwich City could fill the ground at standard prices, and any concessionary price cuts are more goodwill than anything else.If you want to look on that as a negative against Norwich City, I''d question your brain and/or agenda.