Sign in to follow this  
simmo_2

Looks like 3rd candidate is Alex Neil.

Some may know I work in Scotland. I just text my mate, Dundee United ST holder and wel into all things Scottish football.

He just text me "wow that''s a shocker. Maybe long term, good with youngsters but unproven. Surely you can attract a bigger name?"

[quote user="Woodman"]

Like most, I''ve never heard of him, but the article in the Daily Mail gives good background.  I question the way our ''senior'' players will react to him - as Mr Bassong is alleged to have done with Adams.  Perhaps he''s being offered the role alongside Phelan??

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2771546/Alex-Neil-s-managerial-success-nine-years-making-looks-build-Hamilton-s-superb-start-season.html

[/quote]Thanks for that. I had never heard of him. He certainly seems to fit the bill for those who want a strong-minded external candidate willing to shake things up at Carrow Road.What is not clear to me is what triggered off the initial betting move. Was there some hint, or just a punter taking a chance for no good reason and starting things off? The Rob Butler tweet may have added to the momentum, but that came after the initial move.

Cost saving exercise - all they need to do to the Managers tracksuit is take the N off and put it after the A instead of in front of it [:)]

Wtf? Get ready for a few dire seasons of chumps hoofball. But the plastics will already be salivating at the prospect of another glory ride through League One.

[quote user="estrada rumtotal"]Wtf? Get ready for a few dire seasons of chumps hoofball. But the plastics will already be salivating at the prospect of another glory ride through League One.[/quote]

Hoofball has worked well for the s(um this season.

I''ve watched a few of their highlights now:HEREThey seem to look good going forward, but with the same problems we have at the back, it seems like no one in Scotland can score simple chances against Hamilton.  If Neil had the luck Hamilton seem to have had then we would be top.Obviously it is only highlights, but looks like they play some good football.

If this is true it is basically the Board admitting - We got it wrong in the Summer - we should have appointed Lennon, so now we''ll appoint the next best thing - the poor man''s Neil Lennon - Alex Neil

Think McNally needs to get his hearing tested.

That will be twice he has been told to get O''neil and come back from the shops with the wrong product![;)]

Lets be honest nobody on here knows anything about the guy. The board and McNally in particular are paid handsomely to know who''s out there and what their qualities are. In that respect we have to trust that he knows what he''s doing. The trouble is the track record isn''t good is it!

[quote user="Hairy Canary"]Lets be honest nobody on here knows anything about the guy. The board and McNally in particular are paid handsomely to know who''s out there and what their qualities are. In that respect we have to trust that he knows what he''s doing. The trouble is the track record isn''t good is it![/quote]

Try telling that to Lake District Canary.

[quote user="TCCANARY"]

Definitely going for the cheap option, he''s the same build as Neil Adams so all they''ll have to do is swap the lettering on the training kit.

[/quote]

I''ve just an email from DA and he''s thanked me for helping realise that if they appoint Nigel Adkins no adjustments to training gear will be required, it''s time to lump on Nigel (oerr!)

[quote user="Yellows"][quote user="estrada rumtotal"]Wtf? Get ready for a few dire seasons of chumps hoofball. But the plastics will already be salivating at the prospect of another glory ride through League One.[/quote]

Hoofball has worked well for the s(um this season.[/quote]It will work to the extent that we can enjoy watching their trip to the PL relegation zone and seeing them get hammered week after week. Norwich on the other hand should expect to be a cut above our dumb neighbours.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]A bloke on twitter with 6k followers says he''s not getting the job, watch his odds drift now.[/quote]One hour on and they''re getting shorter [:P]

Can anyone tell me of a club who''s managing director appoints the perfect manager everytime? Because I can''t think of one, and if there is, then they are firmly in the smallest of minorities. There are no guarantees whoever you appoint, whatever the name, and I''m now at the stage where I''d rather see us go through a few young ''up and comings'' in the quest to unearth the next special talent because as it stands once they''ve got to a certain level, to be brutally honest and as it stands, we''re not going to prize them away from a good Prem or European team once they''ve made it. That''s not ''little old Norwich'' thinking, that''s just being realistic. Of the people available I''d rather see us appoint a ''gonna be'' than a ''has been''. Ultimately managers often work well at one club, and ''fit'', but not at another (Paul Lambert a good case in point). If it''s Alex Neil, I can totally see why we''re going for him - the last time we had a hard nosed manager who could galvanise a team I seem to remember us having 3 excellent seasons under him, and quite frankly our teams soft underbelly is the first thing that needs addressing in my opinion if we want to finish this season in the playoffs, or hopefully, higher. I see little difference in an up and coming manager from Scotland to one from Holland, Spain or Germany... Any one of them could produce the next Sir Alex. Whoever it is, and this goes for Colin Wanka too, I know I''ll be right behind him as I hope all you folks will be too, because without support it won''t matter who we appoint.

[quote user="Making Plans"][quote user="Jimmy Smith"]A bloke on twitter with 6k followers says he''s not getting the job, watch his odds drift now.[/quote]One hour on and they''re getting shorter [:P][/quote]

Haha, looks like he based his opinion on the Accies chairman saaying "nothing to report." usually what someone would say before losing their manager!

I don''t know anything about him but I''m desperate for him to succeed already just so it mugs a few people off to oblivion on here.

I''d take him over Neil Warnock

I''d have thought this guy would have been popular with the dirty hippy football hipster types surely!!?

Oh yeah, his name isn''t Rodriguez Dominguez Jesus Antonine mickael Sanchez III the manager of "only I''ve heard of them" United

Totally agree, Warnock has nothing to offer and is too old school. Surely any young, hungry manager has got to be preferable (even if relatively unproven). AN would be a gamble, but I''m not sure it''d be any worse than any of the other options being mentioned. Could be Mark II of either Paul Lambert or Peter Grant...[:O]

Apples

now in talks with the club ! I would have thought if you were going to hire from Scotland ally mccoist would have been a better choice

was manager of one of the biggest clubs in Europe !! ( tinpot league ) but as a club massive

As I said, it''s very much the minority. Pochettino did well in his season at Saints but isn''t doing much at Tottenham, aside from a 5-3 win over Chelsea. But then Neil Adam''s had some big wins this season. Garry Monk has turned out well, but the highly regarded Michael Laudrup ultimately didn''t - it just goes to show ''up and coming'' can do better than the big name, it''s a total lottery and for me it''s all about the right man at the right place at the right time - the current Derby manager being an excellent example. Whoever is appointed will be guaranteed to split supporters opinions, that''s a given. I do think McNally is due appointing someone who will be right for us however, as these things tend to go in cycles - here''s hoping anyway. OTBC

You know what, he has my support.

The Neil Warnock/Martin oneill lot can go Rodger themselves frankly